Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
kandb
DIS Veteran

Who WON'T go if there is no FD in Aug/Sept?

We will not go if there is no free dining this year. My children don't start school til Sept. 9th and if FD is offered we would probably head down to Florida on Aug. 26th or so (would stay off site for a few days first). I priced out POR, for 5 of us and with tickets and room for 8 nights it was around $3K (that was without dining). Even with free dining the prices have gone up sooo much. If FD doesn't come up, we will bring the kids to Wash, DC for some touring and Smithsonians.
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #2
jlk806
DanceDisneyGirl

Am really so happy we bit and bought DVC resale last year. No more fretting about free dining!
Pop Century April 2006 - Pop Century August 200 - Pop Century September 2009 - Pop Century/Animal Kingdom Villa Kidani - Aug/Sept 2010!! - Last minute girls trip Caribbean Beach - July 2011! - Pop Century / Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani - Aug/ Sept 2011!! - Art Of Animation / Beach Club Villas / Kidani Village- Aug/Sept 2012!
Wilderness Lodge Villas/Beach Club Villas - Aug 2013!!
Pop Century - Quick Pre-Christmas trip - December 2013!
Beach Club Villas - June 2014 leading up to Disney Cruise July!

jlk806 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
KandyM
Mouseketeer

I will go but will stay offsite if there are no discounts.
KandyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:45 PM   #4
Nutbean
Mouseketeer

There is a good chance we would cancel our upcoming September trip. At the very least we would go at a different time of year.
Nutbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:16 AM   #5
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

We could not go. Hubby brings a huge group ( a college team) and the convenience of the DP is necessary for the trip to go smoothly ( him not having to be with the whole group at all times to buy them food). The school won't allow him to purchase the DP, so no other option for them. Hoping!!!!
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #6
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk806 View Post
Am really so happy we bit and bought DVC resale last year. No more fretting about free dining!
I felt the same way, too. We bought two small resale contracts last spring and I thought my days of stalking the discount codes was over.

But now we have friends that want to go the same time we are going and they are hoping for free dining (or at least a substantial room discount!).

If there is no free dining, my friends will be staying home.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:17 AM   #7
mom_of_3_mousketeers
Mouseketeer

We will definitely still go. I book based on what we can afford....discounts are just a bonus!
WDW Stays: Off site 1988, Dolphin 1995, August 2009 ASMo, September 2012 Poly, September 2013 POR, 1st adult only trip October 2014 POP

mom_of_3_mousketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #8
TravelAgentJen
Thats what my fam calls me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_of_3_mousketeers View Post
We will definitely still go. I book based on what we can afford....discounts are just a bonus!
This is such an annoying response. People don't need a jab due to your inability to empathize with situations unlike yours.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:37 AM   #9
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:

This is exactly what we do!
No one can predict what Disney will do and why they will or won't offer certain discounts. They don't HAVE to give any discounts at all! They do offer them during slower travel seasons and when they have rooms to fill.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #10
mom_of_3_mousketeers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelAgentJen View Post
This is such an annoying response. People don't need a jab due to your inability to empathize with situations unlike yours.
It's not an "annoying" response and I am not jabbing anyone, so don't sit there and act like I have no empathy. I am telling the truth. I don't go based on discounts.
WDW Stays: Off site 1988, Dolphin 1995, August 2009 ASMo, September 2012 Poly, September 2013 POR, 1st adult only trip October 2014 POP

mom_of_3_mousketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #11
Mickfarland4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I think you read into this wrong. I saw nothing bad in her response. If you can not go this year it IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD!! Save up and go next year. That is what we are doing.
Mickfarland4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #12
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
This is exactly how we plan our vacations.

Quote:
So sorry that you were annoyed by the PPs response. But I fail to see how her post was a jab at anyone or showed an inability to empathize. IMO it was typical of how many, many Disers arrange their WDW trips.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #13
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

I do not think that comment was offensive either.

Free dining has been a good marketing tool over the past few years to fill rooms, during a down time in our economy. The economy, according to the numbers, is improving which must mean more people are traveling. My husband and I cruise frequently and we are seeing less discounts this year, and the discounts that are good are coming out at much shorter notice. Sound familiar?

But, we are are still cruising and still going to Disney...

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #14
alimbrogno
Mouseketeer

The prices for Disney have went up so much in just the past 3 years! I need a discount or FD for our September trip or it may not be possible. If there isn't one that comes out, then we may be looking at a cruise, which I have found much cheaper lately than Disney! It would make me sad that now that my ds (7) is old enough to enjoy Disney, I couldn't afford to take him any longer. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #15
mantysk8coach
Proud member of the DIS chapter of NKOTB Anonymous!

I don't think we'll be going if there are no discounts. We have too many other things planned this year that we can use that money toward. Disney will still be there next year when we don't have so many other things going on.

Yeah, I'd LOVE to go...but not if its going to stretch us thin the rest of the year.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: