Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
MC0810
Mouseketeer
 
MC0810's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 324

Casey Corner QSDP Question & other Q's

at casey corner, using QSDP,Would we still get a main meal (hotdog), Side(fries), drink, AND a dessert?

Would my 4 yo (who is supposed to use kids credits) be able to get the same thing as us? If so this may be exciting, as all the other CS places only have a cookie as a "dessert" option for the kids? Would the CM deduct it from an adult credit or a kids credit?

we will also have our 2 yearold, who isnt on the dinning plan. Can I ask for an extra (empty) plate whenever we order CS so that we can share and make him his own plate from whatever we have?

Is there a list of CS restaurants that have drink refill stations?
__________________
May 2011 ~ POP
Sep 2011 ~ POP
Apr 2012 ~ All Star Sports
May 2012 ~ DCL Magic
May 2013 ~ AOA
Oct 2013 ~ POP
May 2014 ~ POP
Nov 2014 ~ POR-MVMCP
May 2015 ~ DCL Fantasy-Western
MC0810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
khaoskat
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 239

I asked the same question about the QS at places that do not have kids meals and was told that the kids would then get an Entree (Hot dog meal in your example), Drink, and Dessert (Cookie in your example) and it would be a QS Kids.

There are at least two QS places in MK that do not offer kids meals I have found while doing my list of places we might eat at (along with what we would eat, to get an idea of OOP vs DDPs and which one of these works best).

I have only completed MK so far, Golden Oak Outpost as well. It looks like BOG has a good kids meal selection at lunch as well (more than PBJ, nuggets, mac n cheese).
khaoskat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #3
robbies
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 16

Casey's was our first meal during our last trip, November 2012, and the first meal we had with any mealplan. So the lovely woman explained it to me. All 6 of us (including our 7 year old grandchild) were given hotdog, FF, Drink and a choice of dessert (REAL CRACKER JACKS!!!) As they did not have a childs menu she was able to have a regular meal.
robbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:07 AM   #4
ses1230
DIS Veteran
 
ses1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Philly 'burbs
Posts: 6,280

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC0810 View Post
at casey corner, using QSDP,Would we still get a main meal (hotdog), Side(fries), drink, AND a dessert?

Would my 4 yo (who is supposed to use kids credits) be able to get the same thing as us? If so this may be exciting, as all the other CS places only have a cookie as a "dessert" option for the kids? Would the CM deduct it from an adult credit or a kids credit?

we will also have our 2 yearold, who isnt on the dinning plan. Can I ask for an extra (empty) plate whenever we order CS so that we can share and make him his own plate from whatever we have?

Is there a list of CS restaurants that have drink refill stations?
QS meals are not designated adult and child like TS meals are. Disney's rule is that the child has to order from the children's menu, when available. If there is no children's menu, they order from the regular menu.

There are no drink refill stations in the parks. The refillable mugs can only be refilled at your resort.
__________________


1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
MC0810
Mouseketeer
 
MC0810's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 324

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
QS meals are not designated adult and child like TS meals are. Disney's rule is that the child has to order from the children's menu, when available. If there is no children's menu, they order from the regular menu.

There are no drink refill stations in the parks. The refillable mugs can only be refilled at your resort.
Thanks,

I'm aware you cant use your resort mug in the parks, I am asking for any CS or Quick service restaurants that have refill stations..I thought Restaurantasaurus in AK does, was wondering if there are any others?
__________________
May 2011 ~ POP
Sep 2011 ~ POP
Apr 2012 ~ All Star Sports
May 2012 ~ DCL Magic
May 2013 ~ AOA
Oct 2013 ~ POP
May 2014 ~ POP
Nov 2014 ~ POR-MVMCP
May 2015 ~ DCL Fantasy-Western
MC0810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #6
FreeTime
DIS Veteran
 
FreeTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Too Far From Disney!
Posts: 1,679

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC0810 View Post
Thanks,

I'm aware you cant use your resort mug in the parks, I am asking for any CS or Quick service restaurants that have refill stations..I thought Restaurantasaurus in AK does, was wondering if there are any others?
Electric Umbrella at Epcot has a refill station.
__________________
Our DVC / WDW Adventures:
Offsite-03/97, Offsite 05/98, Offsite 09/98, Offsite-09/99, OKW-05/00, BWV-09/00, OKW-02/01, BWV-09/01, VWL-07/01, OKW-05/02, VWL-09/02, FW Cabins-12/02, BCV-02/03, BCV-09/03, ASMo-09/03, OKW-01/04, BWV-06/04, OKW-12/04, Wonder-5/05, BWV-05/05, SSR-10/05, BWV-10/05, CBR-10/05, CSR-07/06, OKW-07/06, Wonder-12/06, Offsite-12/06, SSR-03/07, II Exchange @ Mariott Timberlodge-07/07, Disneyland Hotel- 08/07, SSR-10/07, ASMu-03/08, VWL -06/08, SSR-08/08, Wonder-12/08, ASMu-12/08, ASMo - 12-08, Offsite 03/09, SSR 08/09, Pop 12/09, SSR 12/09, BWV 03/10, SSR 06/10, BWV 06/10, Disneyland Hotel 06/11, Pop 11/11, BWV 11/11, Pop 4/12, BWV 4/12, BWV 06/12, SSR 07/12, VGC 06/13, BLT 06/14, OKW 06/14
FreeTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #7
Tinker Pam
Stalker of the Whisperer
 
Tinker Pam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 522

Drink Refill Stations at QS
Magic Kingdom:
None

Epcot:
Electric Umbrella
Sunshine Seasons

Animal Kingdom:
Restaurantasoraus

Hollywood Studios:
Backlot Express

DTD:
Wolfgang Puck Express
Earl of Sandwich

These are the ones I'm aware of
__________________
Me DH DS12
Still waiting for their first trip DD26 Daniel her Prince Charming

Tinker Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #8
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,266
DISboards Moderator

If there is no children's menu, children may order exactly the same way as the adults.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #9
6disneykids
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 355

My boys discovered how much they like Casey's, especially with the dessert choices. DS15 got cracker jack as his dessert and DS13 got cotton candy as his dessert (which he gave to his 9 yr old sister who had been asking for cotton candy for an hour, saying I am the best brother ever)

I think that this his now going to be a MK must do.
6disneykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #10
scojos
I want to be Tinkerbell and fly on the wire to start wishes
Thinks Disney studies should be taught in all schools
 
scojos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wolverhampton, uk
Posts: 2,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6disneykids View Post
My boys discovered how much they like Casey's, especially with the dessert choices. DS15 got cracker jack as his dessert and DS13 got cotton candy as his dessert (which he gave to his 9 yr old sister who had been asking for cotton candy for an hour, saying I am the best brother ever)

I think that this his now going to be a MK must do.
thats so sweet and a bit of wdw magic
__________________
2004 - 1 week I Drive / 1 week Miami
2006 - 3 weeks 192 / 5 days HRH
2008 - 2 weeks PORS free DDP
2010 - 2 weeks SSR free DDP 1 week creekside villa
2013- 2 weeks okw free ddp[/SIZE]
me dh ds1 ds2dd
scojos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #11
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Southern California-30 min. from DLand
Posts: 10,943

Just read a review of BOG with photos. You fill your own soda there so add that to the list of CS (lunch only) that you can refill your drink before you leave.
__________________
11-839-986-994-00 6-0212-03 9-041-05 DDP 9-05 DDP 1-06 9-06 DDP9-07 DDP 9-08 DDP 9-09 DDP 9-10 QSDP! 10-11 QSDP, 10-12 QSDP AND AoA!1-14 NO DDP! POFQ
**CLICK HERE FOR 2014 CONFIRMED SNACKS LIST!**GOING BACK SEPT. 2014!!!
**
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.