Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #16
DawnM
Dawn

I am giving cash in eggs, a new x-box game, and a couple of dvds.

It would be a waste of money to get my boys little dollar items. They have no interest.

Not much candy. They still have Christmas candy. I did get some hard candy.....jolly ranchers and such. That is fine.

Dawn

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #17
MomToOne
DIS Veteran

DD12 is getting:

- A big ole bag of cotton balls I'm tired of her always stealing mine for doing her nailpolish (which she does every day it seems, so everytime I turn around mine are all gone)
- A big bottle of nailpolish remover (because she does her nails just about every day she runs out constantly)
- A couple of new nailpolishes
- Solar Daisy (just for fun - from DollarTree)
- Fuzzy socks for around the house
- New case for her iPad mini
- Collapsable over-the-ear earphones ($5 Target clearance a month or two back - she doesn't like earbuds, and these are good for travelling)
- New Vinylmation (bought a few before Christmas on clearance)
MomToOne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #18
crusoe2
DIS Veteran

I've tried to buy fewer (and more practical) things for DD10 this year and yet still make it fun. So far I've gotten tech decals to decorate her laptop, a couple of small Webkinz, an Easter-themed Mad Libs book (she can stand to work on parts of speech and I thought this would be a fun way to do it), and a cute pen I found at Justice (extra long pen with hot pink cat-eye glasses at the end). I think I'm also going to add one of those towel turban thingies, a dvd, and maybe a new cover for her cellphone. I plan to fill plastic eggs with inexpensive jewelry, some new ponytail holders, and a little cash. I think that will be it for low-budget items. Still debating on something more expensive. She loves Vera Bradley and has her eye on a couple of the new colors that just came out. I think a mini hipster would come in handy for her on some occasions so I may add that in one of the new colors.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #19
SYDCOLEMOM
Mouseketeer

My 9 year old daughter is getting Rise of the Guardians dvd, owl pajamas, nail polish, swim goggles, sunglasses, flip flops, swim suit, reusable cup w/ straw, earrings and a necklace with her name. She is also getting a bicycle. Her bicycle was stolen a few months ago and we promised her a new bike this spring.
SYDCOLEMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #20
Ephany
DIS Veteran

My DD loves mad libs books. Those color-a-design books area also popular. They're more intricate than little kid's color books; I think they usually have a mandala pattern. DD also loves Percy Jackson/Harry Potter - right now she's reading the Sisters Grimm series. If you don't mind used, they've been out for awhile. You might be able to find some nice, used paperbacks. Smencils or scented pens could be fun too.

Oh, and DD loves having her own Tervis tumblers so she doesn't have to share. We usually fill them up with candy, but you could do hair clips or bands.
Ephany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #21
wishesuponastar
DIS Veteran

EOS lip balm!! http://evolutionofsmooth.com/smooth-...balm-3154.html

hair elastics
wishesuponastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #22
platamama
Mouseketeer

Another good book series for Harry Potter or Percy Jackson lovers is the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull.
platamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #23
traces7
DIS Veteran

Books, cute socks, cute insulated cups with straws, itunes card, money – some ideas of what I've done for my DD's Easter basket. (This year I got my DD the Wreck This Journal book- she really wanted that!)
traces7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #24
christineann
DIS Veteran

I'm mailing a small package to my 25 year old daughter in California. I picked up a package of silly putty from the $1 rack at Target and a few other things.
christineann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #25
Mrs. Ciz
DIS Veteran

I have 2 teens.

itunes gift cards
body wash
bathing suits or PJs or cute T shirt
sunscreen

Sometimes they get an annual pass to King's Dominion, an amusement park near us. Although this year they each need one expensive item. DS needs new golf clubs b/c he grew 6 inches since we bought his old ones. DD needs a laptop. They have spring birthdays so we may just combine Easter & Birthdays and get them the expensive things this year.

One of my friends did a beach theme for her kids one year - sand toys, beach chairs, swim suits, cover ups, etc.
DL: Too many times to count growing up, DL: Jr. High Grad Trip 1980, WDW: Summer 1983, DL: New Year's Eve 1989, WDW: August 1995, DLR: Christmas 2001, DLR: June 2003, WDW: July 2010, WDW: Dec 2011, WDW: June 2013, DLR: July 2013

Wyndham Timeshare Owner & RCI Member since 1985

Last edited by Mrs. Ciz; 03-24-2013 at 07:35 PM. Reason: typing
Mrs. Ciz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #26
mndisneylovinmom
Earning My Ears

My daughters are all Tweens, and teens. But, we still make a big deal out of Easter. I stuff sone plastic eggs with Easter grass and candy, and cash.

Other basket fillers:
iTunes gift card
Various gift cards ( fast food places)
Rolled up beach towel
DVD
Finger nail polish
Lipgloss
Bath and body works anti bac bottles, and lotion.
Chocolate bunny

That's what I've come up so far.
mndisneylovinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #27
minnie1012
DIS Veteran

I got my daughter:

"Kingdom Keepers II Disney at Dawn" book
headbands (the cloth ones are really popular around here)
nail polish
fun earrings
new bathing suit
duct tape
fun pens
Ipod touch case
minnie1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #28
writersblock42
DIS Veteran

You said that she fences right? Not sure if it is popular where she fences but around here, the crazier the socks the better. I got my son some angry bird socks for fencing. Does she like brain teaser puzzles? My son is 14 and kind of nerdy as well and for him we are doing Magic Cards, I found some star wars Easter items, a couple of brain teasers, an angry bird towel, and things like that. Some other ideas would be magazines, pencil toppers, and gel pens.
On-Site 2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
On-Site 2013 Coronado Springs Resort
writersblock42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #29
Dancemomof3
Earning My Ears

My 10, almost 11 year old is getting new ear buds, I found them cheap somewhere after Christmas, Claire's maybe, funky socks, a Tiger Beat Magazine and One Direction wall decals from Wal Mart. Her little brother and sister are getting the wall decals too, Angry Birds and puppies. They have them in the hardware dept. by the paint. Our Dollar Tree also carries a pretty large variety of them. They lasted for quite a while on our daughters' bedroom wall and only came down because we repainted in there.
Dancemomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #30
anniemck
DIS Veteran

So glad my girls are in their 20's and no longer expect/want baskets... geesh, Christmas was less than 3 months ago.

Official Disney Freak...
Presidents Day Weekend Twirlmania 2000-2012
Halloween 2011
Mothers Day, August, September, Osborne Family Lights 2012
DCL Wonder March 2013
15 cruises on other lines since 2007
6 trips to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge since 2009
Love vacations...
anniemck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: