Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2014, 09:24 AM   #811
sarahtar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Dreamfinder View Post
Welcome, aRaegne!
(I would recommend choosing trip dates at least 6 months out, so that you can take advantage of that 180 day reservation time.)
Our local MAW told us not to expect to hear travel dates until a few weeks in advance. We were hoping to go to MSSSHP, but am worried we won't be able to get tickets. (We're waiting to hear if they approved our preferred travel dates in October.)
DCL: December 2001
DL: March 2010
WDW: Planning a Make a Wish trip for October 2014

Etsy ID: BoulevardDesigns
sarahtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:10 PM   #812
mamamousejess
Earning My Ears

Hi! I have been lurking the past couple of days and decided to go ahead and join!
My DD is 3 and had a heart transplant at 5 weeks old due to several severe heart defects. She was also diagnosed last year with Autoimmune Enteropathy, a rare autoimmune disease that affects the immune system and digestive tract. She spent nearly a year in the hospital, fighting the disease and having several surgeries. She is g-tube and trach dependent.
She qualified for a wish through MAW, met her wish volunteers and her wish has been submitted.
We are just waiting to hear if she has been approved.
Her wish is to meet all of the princesses at Disney World and see a parade.
I am a planner and I am already trying to come up with a game plan for what would interest DD and my DS (her twin) and what I think they would enjoy in the parks.
I can't wait to read everyone's trip reports and get to know you all 😃

mamamousejess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2014, 09:42 AM   #813
Topdogie01
Lucky DDC #777

Hello everyone, ill do a pretrip report later when im actually awake and DS gives me time to.

My son has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (hlhs) that he was born with. To put it simply, a normal heart is roughly divided equally into four sections yeah? DS's heart did not develop right and his left side did not form in the upper left and the lower left was about the size of a pea. Since birth he had had 3 separate open heart surgeries (one week old, about a year and a half, and 3 and a half). He is finishing healing from the last one done in june.

My son qualifies for a Make a Wish trip and has been approved for a trip in November. We chose Nov 20-26th as that's when we have the most time off from work.

I guess I need help trying to figure out what to ask for his special part of the trip that we are supposed to pick out. Its tentatively set for the jake and the Netherlands pirates package.

He has always loved cars the movie. Lilo and stitch. And starting to like jake and the Netherlands pirates.
Topdogie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:33 AM   #814
moe10378
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamousejess View Post
Hi! I have been lurking the past couple of days and decided to go ahead and join!
My DD is 3 and had a heart transplant at 5 weeks old due to several severe heart defects. She was also diagnosed last year with Autoimmune Enteropathy, a rare autoimmune disease that affects the immune system and digestive tract. She spent nearly a year in the hospital, fighting the disease and having several surgeries. She is g-tube and trach dependent.
She qualified for a wish through MAW, met her wish volunteers and her wish has been submitted.
We are just waiting to hear if she has been approved.
Her wish is to meet all of the princesses at Disney World and see a parade.
I am a planner and I am already trying to come up with a game plan for what would interest DD and my DS (her twin) and what I think they would enjoy in the parks.
I can't wait to read everyone's trip reports and get to know you all 😃

I love reading the trip reports!!!! While I love a good surprise, for something like this I'd rather be prepared! The waiting is the hard part!!! As your brain turns to Disney and wish trip, this is the perfect place to feed it lol. If you have any questions, ask away!!

Bradley's Super Dee Duper Wish Trip
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post52004741
moe10378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:39 AM   #815
moe10378
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdogie01 View Post
Hello everyone, ill do a pretrip report later when im actually awake and DS gives me time to.

My son has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (hlhs) that he was born with. To put it simply, a normal heart is roughly divided equally into four sections yeah? DS's heart did not develop right and his left side did not form in the upper left and the lower left was about the size of a pea. Since birth he had had 3 separate open heart surgeries (one week old, about a year and a half, and 3 and a half). He is finishing healing from the last one done in june.

My son qualifies for a Make a Wish trip and has been approved for a trip in November. We chose Nov 20-26th as that's when we have the most time off from work.

I guess I need help trying to figure out what to ask for his special part of the trip that we are supposed to pick out. Its tentatively set for the jake and the Netherlands pirates package.

He has always loved cars the movie. Lilo and stitch. And starting to like jake and the Netherlands pirates.

Congrats on the wish trip approval!! I love Fl in the fall!! We are flying out Sept. 28!

I can't help you as far as what to ask for, neither of my boys' wishes were granted through MAW. I'm sure someone will come along and help you! The pre and trip reports are soo valuable for info also. One things for sure, you all will have the time of your lives!!

Old 08-15-2014, 01:18 PM   #816
Kristi77
Earning My Ears

We are so excited. We just received the call yesterday with the date's of our MAW trip. November 17-23rd. Now we can officially start planning.
Kristi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:07 PM   #817
moe10378
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi77 View Post
We are so excited. We just received the call yesterday with the date's of our MAW trip. November 17-23rd. Now we can officially start planning.

YAY for dates!!!! The time will fly, and it'll be here before you know it!!!!!

Old 08-17-2014, 04:29 PM   #818
Diegosmom
DIS Veteran

Diegos wish trip Dec 7-17

I know I need to start my pre-trip report but had a few questions.

We just found out that we will be allowed to extend our trip. So we will be staying 4 more days. My question is will we be able to use the park tickets? I know Disney is good for 14 days but would the GKTW button still work?

Was also thinking of doing our LEGOLAND day after we leave GKTW and was wondering how quick we could use the free tickets from the passport that we get when we check out. Also online I read that the passport is good for wish child and immediate family. Well its just me and my son, his grandma and aunt are coming on the wish trip would they be included in immediate family?

We are needing to book a hotel. MY dad is also coming (paying his own way) so we need a hotel for 5. I was looking at Sheraton Vistana Villages. Any opinions? Thanks
Diegosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:42 PM   #819
Kristi77
Earning My Ears

Can anyone tell me about the weather in November? Should we be packing fall clothes or still shorts etc.

TOPDOGIE01 - Can you tell me a little bit about the Jake and the Pirates Package. Our Little Wish Guy is 3 and obsessed with Jake the Pirate.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:48 PM   #820
Topdogie01
Lucky DDC #777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi77
Can anyone tell me about the weather in November? Should we be packing fall clothes or still shorts etc.

TOPDOGIE01 - Can you tell me a little bit about the Jake and the Pirates Package. Our Little Wish Guy is 3 and obsessed with Jake the Pirate.

Jake and the Never Land Pirates Deluxe Package (starting at $44.95 plus tax):
·******** Jake and the Never Land Pirates bandana with faux hair
·******** Jake facial effect
·******** Sword and sheath
·******** The Pirates League bag
·******** Unique pirate coin necklace
·******** Exclusive Jake and the Never Land Pirates costume T-shirt
·******** Participation in a daily Adventureland Pirate Parade

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...irates-league/

That is what my maw coordinator shared with me.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:35 AM   #821
Kristi77
Earning My Ears

TOPDOGIE01 - Thank you so much for the information. This is awesome. Can I ask you, did you have to book this or does MAW do this for you?
Old 08-19-2014, 01:44 PM   #822
moe10378
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi77 View Post

The weather in fl in Nov varies. In my experience it's been warm. We've swam in Dec! However, I've also been when it was kinda cold.

You are correct on the Disney tickets. Universal should be good until the end of the calendar yr. As far as the GKTW button, it is only valid on your wish trip dates :-(.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:49 PM   #823
moe10378
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can give my boys to help ease pressure while flying, and get those ears popping?? Last yr I tried skittles, and it was a no go (they both have autism). The suckers they just ate, Didn't suck.....

Old 08-19-2014, 03:20 PM   #824
Topdogie01
Lucky DDC #777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi77
TOPDOGIE01 - Thank you so much for the information. This is awesome. Can I ask you, did you have to book this or does MAW do this for you?
My make a wish is offering to book it, your local one may have different policy. Never hurts to ask. Im still not sure if child would rather do something else so im trying to get him to tell me. He keeps showing me stitch but about the only place for stitch is ohanas breakfast, and occasionally tomorrow land.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:23 PM   #825
Topdogie01
Lucky DDC #777

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe10378
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can give my boys to help ease pressure while flying, and get those ears popping?? Last yr I tried skittles, and it was a no go (they both have autism). The suckers they just ate, Didn't suck.....
Uhm do they like music? Chewing/sucking on things doesn't help me. Using headphones that cover the ear while playing music with a lot of bass helps me. Could try earbuds and ear muff sound mufflers (the over the ear alternative to earplugs)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: