Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 06:02 AM   #421
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monie3 View Post
Thank you so much for responding. We are very excited. So far our plans are to arrive on Sunday and enjoy GKTW. Christopher truly LOVES the MK, so Monday we will have to stop there first and of course enjoy the fireworks that evening. Our other children are 20 and 14 so I want to make this special for them as well. Christopher will ride Small World over and over again so their past trips tend to be limited. He will ride the bigger rides so hopefully we can expand his horizons on this trip! The only other set plans we have are to go to Sea World on Thursday to enjoy Christmas at the village. Grandpa and Grandma will be joining us on that day. We are very open to any and all suggestions. He does love Barney and Dr. Seuss so I hope Universal will be positive. Jessica, we will be there at the same time. I am having so much trouble containing my excitement. I talk about this trip a lot! I am assuming many on here understand. Madeline (redwavess) helped me to understand that it is common.
My son went on his Wish trip in July 2010. I totally understand the excitement in planning the trip. It is extremely hard to contain oneself. (just ask my family) It is ALL I talked about. Don't get me wrong they did too but momma did just a wee bit more! I believe it is because we are so used to talking "medical" so much that a trip of a lifetime is beyond what we could ever comprehend and honestly focusing on the trip takes away some of the medical stress for us moms (and dads). Our trip did not disappoint and I hope your sons is the trip of his life too! Much hugs to all of the current Wish trippers
cantwaittoseemickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #422
Monie3
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much everyone! It is so nice to have this gift to talk about our trip to people who completely understand! The family is excited, but have the ability to put it aside. This is the trip where I can put worries away for a while. I think that is what I am most excited about. Time to spend with all the children without worrying about getting someone somewhere and making doctor appointments (which I need to do today!). Reality will be hitting as school starts next week and work starts up, so I am taking advantage of the time to read everyone's posts. I only wish I had found this earlier in the summer!
Now, on to planning! Christopher loves Mickey and Pooh so meeting them is a must. We have been to Disney several times (it is my happy place and we only live a few hours away), however they tend to be day trips. We have never been able to do more. Character meetings have not been an option because of the long lines. Christopher does not do well in the heat or waiting too long. We have generally been able to get a guest assistance pass but those do not include character lines. I am told that this will not be a problem on this trip! We tried to take him to AK once and that was mostly unsuccessful, I think because he did not understand that it was "Disney". I am going to make sure we see characters in each park, so that perhaps, he will understand. (Christopher is mostly non-verbal, so sometimes understanding what is going on in his handsome head can be challenging). I know that several of the characters will be at GKTW, so that is a must. Does anyone have any suggestions about meeting characters in the other parks? Universal?
Thank you again for any and all advice!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #423
pimaprincess84
Earning My Ears

Hi all,

I understand that we get a photo pass cd for Disney, but does anyone know if you can upgrade that to the photo pass plus and just pay the difference? Thanks.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:08 PM   #424
Jessicalynne
Mouseketeer

I saw a picture on the GKTW website that had a My Little Pony that visited. My daughter LOVES My Little Ponies, and I was wondering if anyone who has stayed at GKTW has seen a pony character, or if that is just a one time for that one picture they have on their site type of thing?

Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jordy...25730070799917
Jordyn's blog: www.triumphingoverall.blogspot.com
Jessicalynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #425
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicalynne View Post
I saw a picture on the GKTW website that had a My Little Pony that visited. My daughter LOVES My Little Ponies, and I was wondering if anyone who has stayed at GKTW has seen a pony character, or if that is just a one time for that one picture they have on their site type of thing?
I found this:
"Earlier this year, Hasbro also officially brought Twinkle Hope to life at the Village. Each Sunday, a larger-than-life Twinkle Hope invites Wish children to Twinkle Hope’s Tea Party in the La Ti Da Spa for tea, desserts and fun, MY LITTLE PONY style."

http://www.gktw.org/heroes/bio/hasbro.php
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #426
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
I found this:
"Earlier this year, Hasbro also officially brought Twinkle Hope to life at the Village. Each Sunday, a larger-than-life Twinkle Hope invites Wish children to Twinkle Hope’s Tea Party in the La Ti Da Spa for tea, desserts and fun, MY LITTLE PONY style."

http://www.gktw.org/heroes/bio/hasbro.php
I would hate for anyone to be disappointed by old info. This is a recent blog post (June 30, 2013) about meeting Twinkle Hope. Calling GKTW is often the best way to get the most up-to-date info on new or less reported on activities. I don't know which is correct, I would LOVE it if Twinkle Hope was there for all of the children! Please let us know if you find out the answer.

Last edited by blessedmom4; 08-15-2013 at 09:06 AM.
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:07 AM   #427
PunchkinPatrol
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! Holden's mommy here. We leave for our MAW trip this Sunday!! I can't believe it is finally here!!! And Holden potty trained in two weeks so he's all ready to go!!! he is so excited!

We got Pirate costumes for all the kids - Holden will be Captain Hook! We have a Dolphin Encounter in Nassau and my oldest and my husband will go parasailing in Castaway.

This Saturday we are hosting some friends over to have a "Bon Voyage" party for Holdie. Our Wish "volunteers" stopped by the house two weekends ago to drop off the check. They brought Holdie a MaW t-shirt but it was an adult XL!!!! I don't think he'll fit!!! Thankfully Ana~n~Joseph surprised us with a purchase from the MaW store and they bought all of us a t-shirt. We'll be wearing them on Sunday!!

Flight leaves at 7:05am so it will be a very early morning. We have to drive ourselves (don't know anyone with a big enough car to take us) so we'll be leaving the house at 4:30 I'm making the kids go to bed at 8pm on Saturday
PunchkinPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #428
PunchkinPatrol
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kktraylor View Post
We just made it home from our trip. Wow!! It was simply magical!!! :-)

Kristy
How was Ava's trip!?
Old 08-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #429
Jessicalynne
Mouseketeer

I can't remember and can't seem to find how to post a new thread... Any help would be great! I am wanting to get tips on beaches and such. We extended our trip and are thinking of going to clearwater beach and going to a state park somewhere close to there to see the mermaid show, and just wanted tips and to hear people's experiences, if anyone has done this. I am feeling silly that I can't figure out how to start a new thread because I have done it before with no problem...

Facebook page:
Old 08-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #430
Jessicalynne
Mouseketeer

We are also trying to decide if it is worth doing the air boat rides and going to Gatorland on our extension or possibly the week of Jordyn's wish trip. Has anyone on here done that, and was it a lot of fun?

Facebook page:
Old 08-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #431
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I would hate for anyone to be disappointed by old info. This is a recent blog post (June 30, 2013) about meeting Twinkle Hope. Calling GKTW is often the best way to get the most up-to-date info on new or less reported on activities. I don't know which is correct, I would LOVE it if Twinkle Hope was there for all of the children! Please let us know if you find out the answer.
Yes, please call-you never know I could be the one answering the phone
Old 08-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #432
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
Yes, please call-you never know I could be the one answering the phone
That is fabulous news! So what time can we see Twinkle Hope at GKTW?

Last edited by blessedmom4; 08-15-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #433
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are also trying to decide if it is worth doing the air boat rides and going to Gatorland on our extension or possibly the week of Jordyn's wish trip. Has anyone on here done that, and was it a lot of fun?
One thing to remember about Gatorland in the summer early/fall it can be HOT. There is very little a/c (almost none). The train is fun and there is a little splash park. The gator wrestling show is somewhat shaded. The rest of the park is in the sun. Walking through the marsh is neat as you are surrounded by huge alligators. You can also feed the alligators and flamingos
Old 08-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #434
blessedmom4

Quote:
I can't remember and can't seem to find how to post a new thread... Any help would be great! I am wanting to get tips on beaches and such. We extended our trip and are thinking of going to clearwater beach and going to a state park somewhere close to there to see the mermaid show, and just wanted tips and to hear people's experiences, if anyone has done this. I am feeling silly that I can't figure out how to start a new thread because I have done it before with no problem...
I have done the same thing before. Go to the main page of whatever forum board you want to post on and look on the top left corner above the posts and see the button that says "new thread."

Last edited by blessedmom4; 08-15-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #435
taliasmom
Mouseketeer

Just got back yesterday, so much to write! Talia had a blast! But picked up an extra souvenir we hadn't approved of, we weren't home two hours and had to get her to the hospital, pneumonia, hopefully home in a few days.
taliasmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: