Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #406
JasmineOtt
Earning My Ears

Thank you

Redwavess and kritter47, thank you for your responses! Of course, we want what's best for Jesse, and what will make him the happiest. We will talk to his wish granters and see what happens. We're just anxious and excited to have all our questions answered!

Again, Thank you!
JasmineOtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #407
JasmineOtt
Earning My Ears

Cost of bringing extra people

Hi! I had another question. We were wanting to possibly bring more people than MAW will pay for. I know people have done this and wanted to know what the approximate cost was per person to see if this is even plausible for our family. Jesse loves his family, but he is the youngest at 18, so MAW won't pay for all of his siblings. We believe it would be a huge part of his wish to have his whole family, so we are trying to make it happen.

Thank you in advance!
JasmineOtt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #408
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineOtt View Post
Hi! I had another question. We were wanting to possibly bring more people than MAW will pay for. I know people have done this and wanted to know what the approximate cost was per person to see if this is even plausible for our family. Jesse loves his family, but he is the youngest at 18, so MAW won't pay for all of his siblings. We believe it would be a huge part of his wish to have his whole family, so we are trying to make it happen.

Thank you in advance!
My Dad came along with us. He had to pay airfare, park tickets and food when he was not at GKTW. We ate at GKTW a lot! Plus we went to Walmart and bought waters and food to take in the park for snacks and lunch. That helps keep the cost down too.

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 7 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 4 Kara DD 4
Lilfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #409
Jessicalynne
Mouseketeer

Someone mentioned we should do the Bippity Boppity Boutique for Jordyn. Is it really worth the price? Has anyone on this thread done it, and would you make the same decision to do it again? It does sound amazing, but I would love to have multiple opinions on their experience with it.

I know this will be a once and a lifetime trip, and I don't want Jordyn to miss out on anything. One thing I am concerned about is that my son Jeremy will only be 2 years and 8 months old at the time, so he might feel like he has to miss out on a fun experience since kids have to be at least three so he wouldn't even be able to do the boy one, and he loves following in his sister's footsteps and doing everything she does. He has already missed out on a bunch because of cancer, so I guess this is my biggest concern with doing the BBB for my daughter... Anyone else deal with a situation like this and how did you deal with it? Did you go along with it, or did you miss out on an amazing experience for one of your kids because both couldn't do it?...

Thanks.

Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jordy...25730070799917
Jordyn's blog: www.triumphingoverall.blogspot.com
Jessicalynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #410
Redwavess
Mallory's Magical Wish

Quote:
Redwavess and kritter47, thank you for your responses! Of course, we want what's best for Jesse, and what will make him the happiest. We will talk to his wish granters and see what happens. We're just anxious and excited to have all our questions answered!

Again, Thank you!
I can totally relate to the feeling of being excited and anxious and seeking out more information. We felt the same!! It just such a special, unique time and planning it out is half the fun!!

I wish I could help you with your question about the costs of including the whole family in the wish!! But I'm not sure of the costs. I have heard people say that airfare is the biggest expense (unless you live close enough to drive). If you all will need to fly then you could look into the costs of that to get an idea of how much money it would take. I know what you mean about your brother wanting his whole family to join him. Of course he would!! I hope that this works out well for you!! I have seen Make A Wish allow a favorite cousin to come along, as well as caretakers who were not immediate family, so maybe they will say yes to all of you as well!! That would be awesome!!

Let me know if you have any other questions!!

Happy planning,

Madeline

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2602026 Mallory Makes a Magical Wish! -- UPDATE -- I wish for... Rudolph!? pg. 4 Post #46

Redwavess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #411
michiml03
Mouseketeer

Previously MAW family

When we left GKTW last year we were told whenever we were in the area we should return to GKTW. I was just wondering has anyone returned? Can we eat at the Gingerbread House and get ice cream at the ice cream parlor if we do return? Of course I don't expect to get anything for free and that is fine. I was interested if anyone has done this in the past?

michiml03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #412
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiml03 View Post
When we left GKTW last year we were told whenever we were in the area we should return to GKTW. I was just wondering has anyone returned? Can we eat at the Gingerbread House and get ice cream at the ice cream parlor if we do return? Of course I don't expect to get anything for free and that is fine. I was interested if anyone has done this in the past?
HI!! Madeline (redwavess) asked me to come over and answer this question. YES, as an Alumni family you can go back and take part in ALL that GKTW has to offer...you just can't spend the night. You can join in ALL of the parties, you can eat ice cream and have as many meals as you want at the village. The first meal is free for the family, subsequent meals are $5 per person per meal. You can swim, golf, play at Amberville, explore... you are a WELCOME BACK FAMILY and you will be treated quite well!

We had the pleasure of going back to Florida last September thanks to my BIL unable to use his time share (and the same thing happened this year, we are returning AGAIN September 21). Not only did we have the pleasure of being a Welcome Back family, we volunteered (at the pool and the Ice Cream parlor) and had a blast!! We spent three wonderful day sat the Village on our return!

I hope you have a FABULOUS time!!! Just tell them at the gate you are a welcome back family, then go to the main desk and sign in, they will explain everything you ned to know.
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:54 AM   #413
kritter47
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thank you in advance!
This is another great question for your specific wish granters. The feasibility and cost of bringing along extra people varies by the situation, time of year, chapter, wish and all sorts of other things. Someone else's approximate cost isn't going to help you much at this point because it's dependent on so many things (cost of transportation, from your location, how many people, how many days, how much will they participate in, how much will they eat, etc.).
kritter47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #414
Monie3
Mouseketeer

This is my first time posting on anything like this, so I apologize for any mistakes! Our son has been granted a dream through our local wish granting organization, Dreams Come True. I have read several blogs of people going through the Make A Wish foundation and still have a million questions. Our son is a bit older than most I have read about. He is 18,, but because of his disabilities, (he has autism and epilepsy) he is much younger in many ways. We have been to Disney many times, but usually just a day trip. This is truly a dream for our family. Sorry, first question! His absolute favorite thing to do at Disney is watch the fireworks. The last trip we had to sit in one spot for two and a half hours and wait! We would like to make this trip special. My question, (finally!) is there somewhere special that we could have an unobstructed view without a huge crowd? Is it worth it to ask a CM? Thank you for any and all advice!
Old 08-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #415
Monie3
Mouseketeer

I originally posted this somewhere else but it was suggested that I ask in this thread. I truly am knew to this and thought I was posting here. Any and all advice is very appreciated!
Old 08-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #416
Monie3
Mouseketeer

Here is our dreamer, Christopher! He is 18 and loves the beach. He will spend hours bouncing sand off his belly while laughing happily! (That's why his shirt is so dirty!).

URL=http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/riik2/media/image_zps7bedbbe7.jpg.html][/URL]
Old 08-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #417
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monie3 View Post
This is my first time posting on anything like this, so I apologize for any mistakes! Our son has been granted a dream through our local wish granting organization, Dreams Come True. I have read several blogs of people going through the Make A Wish foundation and still have a million questions. Our son is a bit older than most I have read about. He is 18,, but because of his disabilities, (he has autism and epilepsy) he is much younger in many ways. We have been to Disney many times, but usually just a day trip. This is truly a dream for our family. Sorry, first question! His absolute favorite thing to do at Disney is watch the fireworks. The last trip we had to sit in one spot for two and a half hours and wait! We would like to make this trip special. My question, (finally!) is there somewhere special that we could have an unobstructed view without a huge crowd? Is it worth it to ask a CM? Thank you for any and all advice!

Welcome! So glad Christopher is getting his wish! My son wished for a firework cruise, so a little bit the same. Sorry can't help you on any of the GKTW info. The fireworks at MK are AMAZING!! Can't wait to hear more about your planning!
NEmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #418
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicalynne View Post
Hi, I am Jessica and I have been lurking for awhile, but we finally got our dates for our MAW trip today, so I am going to introduce myself. My daughter is Jordyn, and her brother is Jeremy. Jordyn is my wish kid and she was diagnosed on June 12th, 2012 with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. We are going on our wish trip on October 4th, 2013, and are super excited to get away and enjoy ourselves!

Here is my daughter:

Here is my son:
Welcome!! So excited to hear that Jordyn is getting her wish! She is so cute and so is her brother! You will have a wonderful time and it is a great time of the year to visit. Our MAW trip was so amazing and no words explain how much it meant to us. Hope you all have the same experience, can't wait to hear more!
NEmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #419
Monie3
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for responding. We are very excited. So far our plans are to arrive on Sunday and enjoy GKTW. Christopher truly LOVES the MK, so Monday we will have to stop there first and of course enjoy the fireworks that evening. Our other children are 20 and 14 so I want to make this special for them as well. Christopher will ride Small World over and over again so their past trips tend to be limited. He will ride the bigger rides so hopefully we can expand his horizons on this trip! The only other set plans we have are to go to Sea World on Thursday to enjoy Christmas at the village. Grandpa and Grandma will be joining us on that day. We are very open to any and all suggestions. He does love Barney and Dr. Seuss so I hope Universal will be positive. Jessica, we will be there at the same time. I am having so much trouble containing my excitement. I talk about this trip a lot! I am assuming many on here understand. Madeline (redwavess) helped me to understand that it is common.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:10 PM   #420
Redwavess
Mallory's Magical Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monie3 View Post
Thank you so much for responding. We are very excited. So far our plans are to arrive on Sunday and enjoy GKTW. Christopher truly LOVES the MK, so Monday we will have to stop there first and of course enjoy the fireworks that evening. Our other children are 20 and 14 so I want to make this special for them as well. Christopher will ride Small World over and over again so their past trips tend to be limited. He will ride the bigger rides so hopefully we can expand his horizons on this trip! The only other set plans we have are to go to Sea World on Thursday to enjoy Christmas at the village. Grandpa and Grandma will be joining us on that day. We are very open to any and all suggestions. He does love Barney and Dr. Seuss so I hope Universal will be positive. Jessica, we will be there at the same time. I am having so much trouble containing my excitement. I talk about this trip a lot! I am assuming many on here understand. Madeline (redwavess) helped me to understand that it is common.
Hi again!!

It's crazy but true!! When playing a wish trip it is so hard to focus on anything else!!! I think it's because we get that this is a trip of a lifetime and feel so blessed to be able to be a part of the wish granting process!!

We are lucky to have the DIS so we don't completely bore to tears everyone we run across with all the details of our trips!!

Keep up the planning!! It's half the fun!!! Also, it helps so to make the most of these once in a lifetime trips and be sure we don't miss things our wish kids want to do the most!!

Happy continued planning,

Madeline

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2602026 Mallory Makes a Magical Wish! -- UPDATE -- I wish for... Rudolph!? pg. 4 Post #46

Redwavess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: