Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #331
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunchkinPatrol View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm Holden's mom! My friend Ana~n~Joseph had been posting about my son on this thread and thought I would finally join! I got a phone call from MaW yesterday telling us we were approved for our wish and they had already booked our flight and cruise. I have started a pre-trip report (because Ana told me to hehehe). Please bare with me while I learn my way around here!

I don't have enough posts to put up a link so search for Holden's Make-a-Wish on the Pre-trip Report thread and I just posted it (or at least I think I did )

Below is the link

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3125288

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - GFV, Disney Dream w/ BFF & BWV; Jan 2015 - WLV; August 2015 - Disney Fantasy
Ana~n~Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #332
PunchkinPatrol
Earning My Ears

I guess I should mention when our dates are!

Holden wished to go on the "Mickey boat" so we are off on the Disney Dream from August 18-22nd. We have never sailed Disney before so everyone is really excited! The two month notice makes me a little nervous as I'm a huge planner but I'm going to try to just roll with it.

They did deny our request to extend the trip (we would have paid for it) so oh well. They are flying us in the day the ship leaves and flying us back the day the ship gets back so unfortunately no time for even a quick visit to MK. Oh well! Just another excuse to plan another trip to Disney World, right?

Holden's name was submitted to MaW on June 20, 2012 and we submitted all the paperwork back in January (do they usually take this long? granted they did lose all the paperwork and we had to refill all the forms out in April), but we finally got the wish granted yesterday. Everything is also already booked!
PunchkinPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #333
mydisneyanytime
Earning My Ears

We are headed to Disneyland for my son's MAW trip in July. He wished to go to Cars Land!! I started a pre trip report here but have not kept up with it as life has taken over!! We are extending our trip by 3 days so that we can visit San Diego to go to the zoo and maybe SeaWorld.

We don't know where that we are staying or even our iteneray. Our chapter said that it would be June 27 before we have anything specific (we leave July 5!).

He is super excited and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to send any post cards from California or Disneyland to him over the next few weeks? We have been talking a lot about California and I thought that it might be neat for him to see different places and even the park itself. He and his sister love to get mail!!

If you are willing to, please pm me and I will send you our address. Thanks!!!
mydisneyanytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #334
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Holden wished to go on the "Mickey boat" so we are off on the Disney Dream from August 18-22nd. We have never sailed Disney before so everyone is really excited! The two month notice makes me a little nervous as I'm a huge planner but I'm going to try to just roll with it.

They did deny our request to extend the trip (we would have paid for it) so oh well. They are flying us in the day the ship leaves and flying us back the day the ship gets back so unfortunately no time for even a quick visit to MK. Oh well! Just another excuse to plan another trip to Disney World, right?

Holden's name was submitted to MaW on June 20, 2012 and we submitted all the paperwork back in January (do they usually take this long? granted they did lose all the paperwork and we had to refill all the forms out in April), but we finally got the wish granted yesterday. Everything is also already booked!
Yay for dates!!! Sorry you were not able to extend. Our chapter does not allow it either. Ours took a year too but that was because of Trev's specific wish of Star Wars Weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydisneyanytime View Post
We are headed to Disneyland for my son's MAW trip in July. He wished to go to Cars Land!! I started a pre trip report here but have not kept up with it as life has taken over!! We are extending our trip by 3 days so that we can visit San Diego to go to the zoo and maybe SeaWorld.

We don't know where that we are staying or even our iteneray. Our chapter said that it would be June 27 before we have anything specific (we leave July 5!).

He is super excited and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to send any post cards from California or Disneyland to him over the next few weeks? We have been talking a lot about California and I thought that it might be neat for him to see different places and even the park itself. He and his sister love to get mail!!

Yay for dates! Glad you get to extend!

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 7 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 4 Kara DD 4
Lilfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:04 AM   #335
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyto4Girlz View Post
Thanks I posted in there but got no reply. I'll post again
Sorry you didn't get a response. Mandy & Eva filled requests for me very promptly, but it was a few months ago. I hope someone is able to help you.

Quote:
Hi everyone!

I'm Holden's mom! My friend Ana~n~Joseph had been posting about my son on this thread and thought I would finally join! I got a phone call from MaW yesterday telling us we were approved for our wish and they had already booked our flight and cruise. I have started a pre-trip report (because Ana told me to hehehe). Please bare with me while I learn my way around here!

I don't have enough posts to put up a link so search for Holden's Make-a-Wish on the Pre-trip Report thread and I just posted it (or at least I think I did )
Quote:

Yay for having dates. Sorry about the long process, lost paperwork, and that you can't extend. I'm a planner too. The Cruise Forum is full of great info. DD's Wish Cruise was in April, and we're happy to try to answer any questions. You're going to have a fantastic trip. Here's a thread you can post on to get your 10 posts - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=31288549

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydisneyanytime View Post

Yay for being able to extend and go to San Diego. Sorry you won't find out any details earlier. You may get a better response for postcards on another section of the DIS that gets more views.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
angel's momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #336
taliasmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunchkinPatrol

We are going in August and applied in may of 2012. Sometimes it just gets complicated. Also depends on how many families they are working on.
taliasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #337
PunchkinPatrol
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliasmom View Post
We are going in August and applied in may of 2012. Sometimes it just gets complicated. Also depends on how many families they are working on.

So it's not only me? Good! I thought we were jinxed! I guess it didn't help that they told us that they lost our paperwork. They had to re-interview Holden over the phone That was interesting.
PunchkinPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #338
taliasmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunchkinPatrol

So it's not only me? Good! I thought we were jinxed! I guess it didn't help that they told us that they lost our paperwork. They had to re-interview Holden over the phone That was interesting.
They didn't lose our paperwork, but we did have to reinterview because a doctor argued the trip. The only negative now is the month, we were shooting for spring or fall. But still, just glad to be going at this point!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #339
taliasmom
Mouseketeer

Anyone else hear the crickets? LoL. hope everyone enjoys the day out there!

Last edited by taliasmom; 06-19-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #340
4pmama
Earning My Ears

Extended family taggin along-share your experiences and info please :)

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to join you all here. We just got DD's MAW approval two weeks ago, so we're early on in the process but I'm already bubbling with excitement and anticipation!

My family is me, DH, Wish Kid DD-7, and DS-18 mo. My mom and MIL want to tag along at their own expense on our trip-we are very close to both of them and my mom in particular is a lifesaver helper for us. We're grateful and blessed by the support she gives us when DD is sick.

They will be paying their own airfare, park tix, food, but can they stay at GKTW with us and ride with us to the airport in whatever transportation MAW provides? Will they give us a big enough rental car for 6 people even if 2 people aren't included in the wish? Anyone with similar experiences they'd like to share?

I read on the GKTW info PDF file that grandparents can come and stay in the villa if the total number is still less than 8 people (it is in our case) but only if they are non-complimentary participants and approved by MAW.

Of course our wish grantors will be coming soon to talk with us...but I thought I'd ask here first! Too excited!

THANK YOU!
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"] http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134773 MAW Family! Caitlin Jeremy Ramona (4p-/Wolf-Hirschhorn Syndrome-WISH KID!) and Ezra (Ramona's wild baby bro) Going to WDW November 2013!
4pmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:25 PM   #341
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pmama View Post
Hi everyone! I'm so excited to join you all here. We just got DD's MAW approval two weeks ago, so we're early on in the process but I'm already bubbling with excitement and anticipation!

My family is me, DH, Wish Kid DD-7, and DS-18 mo. My mom and MIL want to tag along at their own expense on our trip-we are very close to both of them and my mom in particular is a lifesaver helper for us. We're grateful and blessed by the support she gives us when DD is sick.

They will be paying their own airfare, park tix, food, but can they stay at GKTW with us and ride with us to the airport in whatever transportation MAW provides? Will they give us a big enough rental car for 6 people even if 2 people aren't included in the wish? Anyone with similar experiences they'd like to share?

I read on the GKTW info PDF file that grandparents can come and stay in the villa if the total number is still less than 8 people (it is in our case) but only if they are non-complimentary participants and approved by MAW.

Of course our wish grantors will be coming soon to talk with us...but I thought I'd ask here first! Too excited!

THANK YOU!

Welcome!! Glad your daughter gets her wish! We got back a couple weeks ago from my sons wish trip. We had my Dad come with us and he was able to stay with us at GKTW as well as eat there. MAW paid for his transportation to and from the airport. He paid for everything else. They did give us a minivan but we have 5 in our family and my Dad made 6, so we would have gotten a mini van no matter what.

What is your daughters wish? My son (also 7) was to go to be a Jedi during Star Wars Weekend.

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 7 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 4 Kara DD 4
Lilfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #342
taliasmom
Mouseketeer

Do any of you know if they do wheelchair van rentals?
Old 06-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #343
taliasmom
Mouseketeer

Nevermind, they do. Yay Google, lol.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:46 PM   #344
taliasmom
Mouseketeer

Hope everyone is staying cool out there!
Old 06-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #345
4pmama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfoot93 View Post
Welcome!! Glad your daughter gets her wish! We got back a couple weeks ago from my sons wish trip. We had my Dad come with us and he was able to stay with us at GKTW as well as eat there. MAW paid for his transportation to and from the airport. He paid for everything else. They did give us a minivan but we have 5 in our family and my Dad made 6, so we would have gotten a mini van no matter what.

What is your daughters wish? My son (also 7) was to go to be a Jedi during Star Wars Weekend.

Jackie
Hi Jackie! Well I'm glad to know it's not unheard of! The grandmas will be coming either way-it would just be nice to have them around without having to pick them up or get another rental, and it would be extra nice to have some Mommy, Daddy and Ramona time, and be able to leave grandmas and baby bro at the village, for say, MVMCP!

We haven't met with the wish grantors yet! Ramona was approved on 6/7, we got the call followed by the info packet/Welcome to MAW, but still haven't heard from our grantors. A friend in the same town (actually in the same classroom as DD-small world/town ) started the process a few weeks ahead of us and it took four weeks after approval to have the meeting...so any day now! Been three weeks for us and I'm too excited to hold off on planning. I do not anticipate any hang-ups or issues clearing Ramona for travel, so...I'm not keeping myself of the DIS any longer

Ramona's wish is simply "I go DISNEYWORLD!" She adds new tidbits in here and there as far as what she wants to see/do, but mostly she talks about who she wants to come along. I am surprised she understands (she has an ID), and she totally does. We talked about this place called WDW, and showed some pictures and youtube videos, and asked what she thought (knowing she would absolutely LOVE it) and she has literally mentioned it every ten minutes since...if she's awake that is This has been going on for three weeks. She says, "Mommy, guess what? Oh, I go Disneyworld. Mommy, Daddy, Baby go too. And gramma Pam. And gramma Dawn!"

Would it be ridiculous to start a PTR and introduce you guys to Ramona more officially? Eager beaver over here.
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"] http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134773 MAW Family! Caitlin Jeremy Ramona (4p-/Wolf-Hirschhorn Syndrome-WISH KID!) and Ezra (Ramona's wild baby bro) Going to WDW November 2013!
4pmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: