Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #286
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer

I've never scrapbooked before, but feel like I need to for this trip. Something special to pull out and remember the magic. The problem is...I'm soon not creative. Help!! I need ideas or a point in the right direction.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:45 PM   #287
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kktraylor View Post
I've never scrapbooked before, but feel like I need to for this trip. Something special to pull out and remember the magic. The problem is...I'm soon not creative. Help!! I need ideas or a point in the right direction.
I would go to a craft store and see if they have a pre made Disney scrapbook so all you would have to do is put the pictures on! You could probably find the kits online too.

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 7 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 4 Kara DD 4
Lilfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #288
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
According the the GKTW alumni site, there is an organization called Crops of Luv that offers a free scrapbook for wish kids.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #289
kdtass
Hoping for Magical Memories

Quote:
Scarp booking isn't as hard as it sounds. I have a scrapbook for the the first 3 years of Alex's life, but im not so good at remembering to snap pics all the time so now ill have to do a book for her 4/5 years bc I only snapped pics of her first day of school, bday and Xmas last yr.
Anywho, all you need to do it look around your hobby lobby or michaels and find Disney pages you like, they typically sell them by the page, or you can buy a page pack that will probably be cheaper but you might not be able to find Disney themed that way, it will have to be plain or prints you like. Then just go up and down the sticker aisles and find ones you love!!! Typically these craft stores have a clearance wall so check there too, they usually have super cute 3d type stickers for pretty cheap!!! And don't forget your coupons to save some money!!! Hobby lobby has 40% off one item coupons online or in the Sunday paper on the back of the comic pages, but you can only use one per visit, and the scrapbook ing stuff there is typically on sale, just make sure you pay attention to which brands are on sale!!! And michaels has coupons on their website as well and an email club u can sign up for that will automatically send you weekly coupons for usually like 20% off your entire purchase!! Sometimes on their clearance wall you can find stickers for a penny!!!!! Then just come home, lay out your spread and try to stick to about 4-6 pictures a page. Use stickers to hold up some pics or make it seem that way, but glue it down as well, buy a tape runner and plenty of refills!! And don't forget to include your park passes, fast pass stubs, and any little souvenirs you may want to include!!

And yeah crops of luv will do it for free if you want them too!!! Just look up their site and email the main lady, you'll send her your pictures and any souvenirs you want included and they'll churn out an awesome looking scrapbook for you to cherish!!! They were featured in last months issue of Woman's day!!! Ill probably send my stuff to them once we go, I've seen some of their work online and it was amazing!!! Far better than I could accomplish!

Hope this helps!!! I know it's a lot of me rambling!!! Lol
Old 05-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #290
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

I can't believe after a year of planning Trevs wish trip it is almost here!!! We lea e next weekend!!! We are getting SO excited! I can't wait for sunny and warm weather as it has been cold and rainy here.

Now to start making a list so we can start packing soon. The kids are excited about their first plane ride...I'm hoping they will sleep part of the 6 hour trip!

Jackie

Old 05-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #291
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdrama12 View Post

According the the GKTW alumni site, there is an organization called Crops of Luv that offers a free scrapbook for wish kids.
Ill definitely have to check that out. Thanks.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #292
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtass View Post

Scarp booking isn't as hard as it sounds. I have a scrapbook for the the first 3 years of Alex's life, but im not so good at remembering to snap pics all the time so now ill have to do a book for her 4/5 years bc I only snapped pics of her first day of school, bday and Xmas last yr.
Anywho, all you need to do it look around your hobby lobby or michaels and find Disney pages you like, they typically sell them by the page, or you can buy a page pack that will probably be cheaper but you might not be able to find Disney themed that way, it will have to be plain or prints you like. Then just go up and down the sticker aisles and find ones you love!!! Typically these craft stores have a clearance wall so check there too, they usually have super cute 3d type stickers for pretty cheap!!! And don't forget your coupons to save some money!!! Hobby lobby has 40% off one item coupons online or in the Sunday paper on the back of the comic pages, but you can only use one per visit, and the scrapbook ing stuff there is typically on sale, just make sure you pay attention to which brands are on sale!!! And michaels has coupons on their website as well and an email club u can sign up for that will automatically send you weekly coupons for usually like 20% off your entire purchase!! Sometimes on their clearance wall you can find stickers for a penny!!!!! Then just come home, lay out your spread and try to stick to about 4-6 pictures a page. Use stickers to hold up some pics or make it seem that way, but glue it down as well, buy a tape runner and plenty of refills!! And don't forget to include your park passes, fast pass stubs, and any little souvenirs you may want to include!!

And yeah crops of luv will do it for free if you want them too!!! Just look up their site and email the main lady, you'll send her your pictures and any souvenirs you want included and they'll churn out an awesome looking scrapbook for you to cherish!!! They were featured in last months issue of Woman's day!!! Ill probably send my stuff to them once we go, I've seen some of their work online and it was amazing!!! Far better than I could accomplish!

Hope this helps!!! I know it's a lot of me rambling!!! Lol
Thanks for all the info. Hopefully I can come up with something. :-)
Old 05-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #293
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfoot93 View Post
I can't believe after a year of planning Trevs wish trip it is almost here!!! We lea e next weekend!!! We are getting SO excited! I can't wait for sunny and warm weather as it has been cold and rainy here.

Now to start making a list so we can start packing soon. The kids are excited about their first plane ride...I'm hoping they will sleep part of the 6 hour trip!

Jackie
I bet y'all are excited!!!! Be sure to tell us about it...can't wait to see pics!
Old 05-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #294
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Our chapter does do a full scrap book for the wish kiddos. Might want to check and see if yours does too. I also did a hard cover picture book from Piccaboo for a way to save the memories. It turned out great and will be a wonderful keep sake for Carter!
NEmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:48 PM   #295
nuts4wdw
Have a disney day!!!

Yep, we are excited!!! We, too, leave very soon. Our adventure begins on Thursday!!! We arrive at GKTW on Friday. I hope everything goes well. We are pretty much packed except for daily essentials and my dh's clothes (of course) ! The boys are missing the last day of school, so they really feel like they are getting away with something. I am ready to go!

Prescott's Make a Wish pre-trip!
nuts4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #296
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts4wdw View Post
Yep, we are excited!!! We, too, leave very soon. Our adventure begins on Thursday!!! We arrive at GKTW on Friday. I hope everything goes well. We are pretty much packed except for daily essentials and my dh's clothes (of course) ! The boys are missing the last day of school, so they really feel like they are getting away with something. I am ready to go!
Hope you have a magical trip!
NEmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #297
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

I was looking through our packet and noticed it said we could get a free stroller rental at the parks... For those that needed a double stroller were you able to get one? My twins are 4 so I am sure they will be using one during the day as well as Trev at some point. Can't believe we leave in a few days!!

Jackie

Old 05-27-2013, 06:22 PM   #298
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer

Looks like the money situation won't make it to where the whole family can go. We're now tryin to save up enough where they can at least go one day. We figured it'll be about $1000 to drive there Friday night. All go to Magic Kingdom on Saturday then my husband and the other four will drive back Sunday. My mom, myself, and my three will stay for the week. It's not what we wanted but it's better than nothing. Hopefully we can come up with the money to make at least this happen. :-(
Old 05-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #299
Mommyto4Girlz
Mom to 4 Beautiful Girls

Smile we got our trip date

We got an email from our wish granters this morning. We are booked at GKTW Sept 2 to Sept 8. Brianna doesn't know yet. Can't wait to see her after school to tell her.

Check Out My Pre-trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3114293
Mommyto4Girlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #300
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyto4Girlz View Post
We got an email from our wish granters this morning. We are booked at GKTW Sept 2 to Sept 8. Brianna doesn't know yet. Can't wait to see her after school to tell her.
I'm so happy for y'all!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: