Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2013, 11:04 AM   #271
Meeks23
Earning My Ears

Hope all the mamas have an AMAZING day
Meeks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #272
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Because a Mom to a Make a Wish child is a hard working Mom indeed!

HAPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Last edited by blessedmom4; 05-13-2013 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Typo Queen
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #273
kdtass
Hoping for Magical Memories

Happy Mother's Day guys!!! I hope y'all's Mother's Day was magical!!!
Old 05-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #274
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer

We finally got our dates!! July 20-26!! I'm so excited!!!! Btw, is anyone else having login issues with disboards?
Old 05-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #275
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kktraylor View Post
We finally got our dates!! July 20-26!! I'm so excited!!!! Btw, is anyone else having login issues with disboards?
YEA!!!!!!
NEmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:13 PM   #276
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kktraylor View Post

Great, are you getting to take all of the children?
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
2012bella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #277
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012bella13 View Post

Great, are you getting to take all of the children?
We're hoping so. It just depends on if we can get the money in time. They're not included in the wish at all. :-(
Old 05-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #278
Meeks23
Earning My Ears

BBB boutique

Hey everyone! Ok so yesterday we met with the MAW coordinator. Just to find out what we do and kinda what MAW does so we know what to plan. We asked about the BBB boutique and eating with characters. They don't set up any of that stuff cuz they don't want to put time restrictions on us at all on our trip which is great and we kinda expected it....so now we are hoping to save $ so that we can do the boutique (3 girls....11, 9, 5) cuz I think all 3 would love it and possibly for the meal with characters. So 2 questions....1) About what is the price to eat with characters and is it really worth it? I know some people say you see all the characters at the parks and GKTW and when you eat they just kinda stop by and say hi so wasn't sure if it is worth trying to get a reservation.
2) I know the BBB is a bit spendy which is totally fine....is it worth it (we would try for the one in the castle) and about how long does it take....I don't know if we would do it if it takes up half the day.

Have a terrific day
Old 05-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #279
kdtass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeks23 View Post
Hey everyone! Ok so yesterday we met with the MAW coordinator. Just to find out what we do and kinda what MAW does so we know what to plan. We asked about the BBB boutique and eating with characters. They don't set up any of that stuff cuz they don't want to put time restrictions on us at all on our trip which is great and we kinda expected it....so now we are hoping to save $ so that we can do the boutique (3 girls....11, 9, 5) cuz I think all 3 would love it and possibly for the meal with characters. So 2 questions....1) About what is the price to eat with characters and is it really worth it? I know some people say you see all the characters at the parks and GKTW and when you eat they just kinda stop by and say hi so wasn't sure if it is worth trying to get a reservation.
2) I know the BBB is a bit spendy which is totally fine....is it worth it (we would try for the one in the castle) and about how long does it take....I don't know if we would do it if it takes up half the day.

Have a terrific day
Although I can't give you much info seeing as how we haven't even gone yet, we too are going to the BBB and also eating with characters. I got a lot of advice about the character dining, most disers saying that the Ashkers(sp?) is a better option bc chances are you will see more princesses there and it's cheaper than CRT, but after much debate we decided to just spend the 225 and eat at the castle. To me it wasnt a big price defference, it seemed about the same price at both places and were doing the BBB in the castle right before so we didnt want to travel far afterwards for lunch. Now I know though that Belle isn't a regular anymore because she has BOG so she stays over that way, so we just made the plan to go there as well for lunch another day, dinner reservations are booked up until like September! I think it's well worth the money since its a once in a lifetime experience and really who wouldn't want to see and eat in cinderellas castle? As for BBB, our coordinators made the appt for us at noon, but said they had no pull with character dining, so we were lucky they had spots open at CRT. Of course I think the price for the boutique is well worth it, bc it too is a once in a a lifetime experience. About the prices though, you are allowed to bring your own costumes so you won't have to pay the close to 200 for the ultimate package with the costumes and accessories. I think the package were going with is going to be like 55 and its everything the ultimate package offers minus the costume and you can always add on the photo package for an extra 30 and you still get a frame! I hope that helps!
Old 05-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #280
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

On our MAW trip, we did not do any Characters Breakfast or Dinners, & we did not get to do BBB either.
On our return trip, we did eat at Cinderella's Castle for breakfast to celebrate DD's Birthday. We did not do BBB because at this time DD did not like her hair upon her head, LOL, I knew that if I paid for it she would not let it last long & I did not want to waste that much money, now I would have tried it if I could have gotten an appiontment close to the time of our reservations, but we could not. We had an early reservations because I wanted to get into the park before it opened. We were the first in line to see Merida that day & by the time DD was tired, we had rode most of the rides that she wanted to do that day.
I think Cinderella's Castle is something everyone should try at least once, we were fortunate enough to get to go to Disney World a second time & I wanted to make sure it was something we done this time.
DD did dress up, she dressed up as Merida, with the shoes & dress that I bought before we went, we left the bow & arrows at home, LOL. She did wear leggings & a Merida t-shirt underneath, I also took a pair of shoes for her to change into when she wanted to.
Everyone just be prepared for Magic Kingdom to be busier than the other parks, it is the most popular one.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #281
kdtass

A couple of questiona

Hey guys, so were bringing Allies cough assist machine with us to Florida, how do we go about bringing it on the plane? Do we just bring it as is, or do we need to put it in a bag to carry it on? And once it's on, where should we put it?

Also, about her wheelchair, were bringing the manual chair with us, should I ask to walk with it to put it in the plane? Do we need letters from the drs saying it has to come with us or will they just check it without documentation?
Old 05-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #282
kdtass

A few more questions...

We made ressies for chef mickeys today, is there anything I should know about it before we go? How is the food? About how long does it take to get there from GKTW?

Also, how do the MAW and GKTW buttons work? Like do they only work for the kiddos or if we, the parents, want to ride say the tower of terror, would we be able to jump ahead to the front of the line to ride and move on to the next? Alex is too young for the thrill rides but we want to ride them while we're there and not have to spend time in the lines and take away from her time.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #283
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtass View Post
We made ressies for chef mickeys today, is there anything I should know about it before we go? How is the food? About how long does it take to get there from GKTW?

Also, how do the MAW and GKTW buttons work? Like do they only work for the kiddos or if we, the parents, want to ride say the tower of terror, would we be able to jump ahead to the front of the line to ride and move on to the next? Alex is too young for the thrill rides but we want to ride them while we're there and not have to spend time in the lines and take away from her time.
The GKTW button can be used by anyone in the family.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #284
Meeks23
Earning My Ears

kdtass and 2012bella13....Thanks for the advice Much appreciated!

Ok so Jerzey and I are going on a little vacation to visit my dad in Colorado. Mommy is incredibly nervous about the plane ride. I have been reassured that she will be just fine but still makes me nervous cuz the last time she was on a plane was when she was transported to Minnesota for surgery when she was 3 days old So any advice on taking a 4.5 yr old on the airplane and traveling thru the airport? I have a bag of stuff to do and treats/gum.

Thanks so much for all the wisdom and advice you all give on these boards. It has really calmed my nervous being able to come on here and ask questions and learn so much from everyone! Thanks
*Heart hugs to you all*
Old 05-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #285
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeks23 View Post
kdtass and 2012bella13....Thanks for the advice Much appreciated!

Ok so Jerzey and I are going on a little vacation to visit my dad in Colorado. Mommy is incredibly nervous about the plane ride. I have been reassured that she will be just fine but still makes me nervous cuz the last time she was on a plane was when she was transported to Minnesota for surgery when she was 3 days old So any advice on taking a 4.5 yr old on the airplane and traveling thru the airport? I have a bag of stuff to do and treats/gum.

Thanks so much for all the wisdom and advice you all give on these boards. It has really calmed my nervous being able to come on here and ask questions and learn so much from everyone! Thanks
*Heart hugs to you all*

HEART HUGS TO YOU TOO!!!
I can not help with anything about a plane ride, although I have been on a plane several times, I have not went on one with my DD. We drove to Disney World both times.

The Doctors said Brook can go to kindergarten, she has been off all of her meds & can have shots to go to school. We went to the registeration day & she was in the classes for a half of the day with all of the other kids. The next day she came day with a fever, I am scared about how the school yr will go, I pray that she will do okay, & not set her illness off again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: