Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #166
Mom2M07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2M07 View Post
12 days!!! We received a welcome brochure from GKTW yesterday, so we know that we are all set to arrive on the 28th. Other than that, I'd be very worried that the trip wasn't actually going to happen. We have had VERY little communication from MAW and we still have no idea what times our flights are. Every time I email our Wish Granters with a question, they forward it to the Wish Coordinator and we get an answer within an hour or so, but there has been almost no spontaneous communication from them. I feel like I'm being pushy when I ask them a question, but we're less than 2 weeks away and I know nothing about the trip, really. I'm trying to wait until tomorrow afternoon to email them, but it's so hard. I know we need to meet with them to get our details and documents and the next 12 days are crazy for us schedule-wise. I'm so grateful for the trip, but I feel like the lack of communication is just crazy.
OK ... just heard that our Wish Granters will be setting up a time soon to "deliver our wish." Yay!

Maddie - 5 - Wish Princess

Maddie Makes A Wish - PTR
Mom2M07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #167
Kenziema
Mouseketeer

Quote:
12 days!!! We received a welcome brochure from GKTW yesterday, so we know that we are all set to arrive on the 28th. Other than that, I'd be very worried that the trip wasn't actually going to happen. We have had VERY little communication from MAW and we still have no idea what times our flights are. Every time I email our Wish Granters with a question, they forward it to the Wish Coordinator and we get an answer within an hour or so, but there has been almost no spontaneous communication from them. I feel like I'm being pushy when I ask them a question, but we're less than 2 weeks away and I know nothing about the trip, really. I'm trying to wait until tomorrow afternoon to email them, but it's so hard. I know we need to meet with them to get our details and documents and the next 12 days are crazy for us schedule-wise. I'm so grateful for the trip, but I feel like the lack of communication is just crazy.
I know for us once the wish was official we where told if we had any questions to contact the Wish Coordinator. The grantors only came to the house an submitted the paper work. But then again every chapter is different and we are in NYC so this chapter is probably one of the busiest. If you have the coordinators email try contacted her directly.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #168
Kenziema
Mouseketeer

So I have been looking through the DISign threads and came across the autograph book DIY thread. Think I am going to attempt to do one for the princess. I'm not very creative but luckily some of the creative folks on the board have taken pity on poor souls like me and have prepared pages for us to download. Wish me luck.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #169
Mom2M07
Mouseketeer

We'll be meeting with our Wish Grantors on Saturday for our "reveal party" and I'd love to give them a small token of our appreciation. I know they aren't allowed to accept gifts, but I was thinking about making something for them or giving them something small to say "thanks." I'm already planning on putting together photo albums of our trip for them when we get back. Has anyone given their wish grantors small gifts and were they allowed to accept them?

Old 04-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #170
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2M07
We'll be meeting with our Wish Grantors on Saturday for our "reveal party" and I'd love to give them a small token of our appreciation. I know they aren't allowed to accept gifts, but I was thinking about making something for them or giving them something small to say "thanks." I'm already planning on putting together photo albums of our trip for them when we get back. Has anyone given their wish grantors small gifts and were they allowed to accept them?
I made Carter's wish granters t shirts that said, "I grant wishes."
NEmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #171
kdtass
Hoping for Magical Memories

Talking Alexandria's Possible Wish Trip!

Hey Guys!! I started a thread about my daughter Alexandria's possible upcoming wish trip!! Ive got lots of Questions and am looking forward to chatting with everyone!

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3097407
Old 04-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #172
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!!! For some reason disboards have been telling me I'm not authorized to sign in for the last few weeks. I definitely have lots of catching up to do!!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #173
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!! For some reason it's been telling me im unauthorized to sign in on the disboards. :-(. I have a LOT of catching up to do!!!!

Kristy
Old 04-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #174
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I think it's a lovely idea :-)
Can't wait to hear what's revealed to you!

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
JWCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #175
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kktraylor View Post
Hi everyone!!! For some reason disboards have been telling me I'm not authorized to sign in for the last few weeks. I definitely have lots of catching up to do!!!!
Hello! I've been wondering how you guys were doing.

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #176
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Welcome to all the new families!!!!!

We're 9 days away - getting SO excited! We meet with our grantor next Thursday to get all the final stuff. Ja has bloodwork that day, too, so we just need to hear decent numbers and we're good to go!!

We just got 3 pieces of fantastic news :-). 1) Friends of ours are flying down for a Disney Cruise and we figured out we're on the same flights there and back! 2) We get to go to an NHL game on Monday, thanks to our local Kids With Cancer group 3) Ja will be featured as our MAW chapter's Wish Child for World Wish Day! We'll be ON our trip for the actual day, but they want to interview Ja before we leave. She'll love it!

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
Old 04-18-2013, 02:27 AM   #177
momma31
Earning My Ears

We are currently on our wish trip. My daughter is having a blast. We are at GKTW, they are fantastic with the children. I do have a question. Do I order the pics from the photopass card or do they send me a cd. I have taken my own pics as well but they have got some awesome pics I would love to have.
momma31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:39 AM   #178
Mom2M07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma31 View Post
We are currently on our wish trip. My daughter is having a blast. We are at GKTW, they are fantastic with the children. I do have a question. Do I order the pics from the photopass card or do they send me a cd. I have taken my own pics as well but they have got some awesome pics I would love to have.
Once you get back home, you will load the pictures from your card onto your computer, make any edits you want, and order a CD with your pictures on it. The CD will be sent to you once you order it. Glad you are having a great time!

Old 04-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #179
Oneplustwins
Mouseketeer

Momma31 we are here too. Having an amazing time! My one word of advice is think about what you want to do.....it is so fun and so much. We got here Tuesday afternoon and 2 of my 3 kids are sleeping this afternoon. Heat and walking equal tired kiddos! Lol! So impressed with GTKW! Having an amazing time!
Blessings,
Victoria
Oneplustwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #180
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma31 View Post
When you check out, the Village will tell you how to go about getting your photo pass cd. It is absolutely free to you and your family.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: