Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2014, 10:42 PM   #1
deakam
DIS Veteran

Wheelchair questions

I have finally convinced my friend with a club foot to rent a wheelchair for our September trip. She will not rent a scooter and really doesn't want the wheelchair. But she has never been to Disney and really does not understand the amount of walking she is going to be doing over the six days we will be there.

I am looking for a length of stay rate for a Disney wheelchair. I also need to know if we rent for the length of our stay do we get to take the wheelchair back to the resort? Or do we have to get a different one at each park? Can we at least take the wheelchair to the bus?

I would also like some thoughts on outside rentals. Who do you use? I hope I am putting this in the right forum.
deakam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:32 PM   #2
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deakam View Post
I have finally convinced my friend with a club foot to rent a wheelchair for our September trip. She will not rent a scooter and really doesn't want the wheelchair. But she has never been to Disney and really does not understand the amount of walking she is going to be doing over the six days we will be there.

I am looking for a length of stay rate for a Disney wheelchair. I also need to know if we rent for the length of our stay do we get to take the wheelchair back to the resort?
No, with length of stay, you are just prepaying for the wheelchair. You purchased the number of days you wasn't and then when you go to the park, it is faster to rent one because you already paid.
Quote:
Or do we have to get a different one at each park? Can we at least take the wheelchair to the bus?
The park wheelchairs are not supposed to leave the park.
There are 'shuttle' wheelchairs that can be used to get between parking/buses and the park. There is no guarantee that there will be sent available for you to use when you need one.
[/quote]I would also like some thoughts on outside rentals. Who do you use? I hope I am putting this in the right forum.[/QUOTE]
You are asking in the correct forum.
There is a much longer answer to the outside rental question...
Follow the link in my signature to the disABILITIES FAQs thread or look near the top of this board. Post 2 of that thread is about wheelchairs send ECVs.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: