Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
texican
Earning My Ears

golf cart rentals

Hi! We're only 43 days out from our disney trip!! Yay!

But, I let the time get away from me and haven't booked a golf cart yet. Last time, (two years ago), we used Kenny and the service + price was just perfect.

I called, hoping he had something open, but he hasn't returned my call so I'm guessing that means he is all booked up. Are there any other companies that can deliver to the fort? I don't think we'll have a vehicle to tow in one on our own.

Thanks!! We're getting very excited to visit again!!
texican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
pocomom
Brr.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by texican View Post
Hi! We're only 43 days out from our disney trip!! Yay!

But, I let the time get away from me and haven't booked a golf cart yet. Last time, (two years ago), we used Kenny and the service + price was just perfect.

I called, hoping he had something open, but he hasn't returned my call so I'm guessing that means he is all booked up. Are there any other companies that can deliver to the fort? I don't think we'll have a vehicle to tow in one on our own.

Thanks!! We're getting very excited to visit again!!
Hey I don't know others, but Kenny didn't return my phone or emails for weeks for my trip in January, and then one day a few weeks before we left he called and said he just needed my CC for the ressie- I had given up completely! So don't assume he is booked unless you hear it from him!
pocomom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
jayhawk74
Mouseketeer

I would make a reservation with the Bike Barn. We always use Disney, yes it is more expensive, because DW and I like to know that there will be a cart available and if something goes wrong we can get a replacement. If you want to do Kenny then once you get in contact with him then you can cancel the reservation with Disney.
jayhawk74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #4
ArielRae
1042 mi from WDW

We were planning on getting a golf cart for the first time for our November trip. I had no idea you could reserve a golf cart in advance. How far about can you reserve one? How do we go about doing this? Thanks
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2006
Pop Century - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009(Pregnant), 2013(Solo)
Fort Wilderness - 2012(Tent Camping), 2013(DS's 1st Trip), 2013
Disney's Wonder - 2006
Disney's Dream - 2011
Disney's Fantasy - 2012(Thanksgiving Cruise)

ArielRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #5
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Bike Barn Rental at Fort Wilderness 407-824-2742

We made a reservation with bike Barn too. We never have rented one at the fort. We have at the beach. Its a little more expensive than the beach rents, about $90 more. But we were a little afraid of renting outside of Disney. Not really knowing how to do that or afraid something would tear up.
To answer your question Ariel the phone number to Bike Barn at Fort Wilderness is 407-824-2742. You can rent up to 1 yr in advance. You don't have to pay a deposit. You pay for all of it when you pick it up. They are available when you check in at the fort by 1pm and you must return them by 11 am the day they are due. It is $59.00 a day not including tax. There is no price break for a week when I asked. You can rent it for less than a week if you want to. Drivers must be 16 and valid drivers license. If I understood correctly it is not allowed for a child to be in adults lap while they are driving the cart. We have done this for a couple of yrs at the beach. Unreserved carts will be rented first come first seved.

Last edited by Southern Bell; 03-23-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:43 AM   #6
jayhawk74
Mouseketeer

Southern Bell gave excellent information. The only thing that I would add is Disney now rents a few 6 passenger golf carts. These however can't be reserved. Only the 4 passenger carts can be reserved.
jayhawk74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #7
texican
Earning My Ears

Thanks y'all. I'll suck it up and call the Bike Barn. Just hurts my wallet a bit to pay that much. But, we love having the golf cart so I guess it is worth it in the end.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #8
ltighe21
Earning My Ears

Tee Time

We've rented from Kenny several times and will do it again. No problems, very courteous and responsive. Our carts last week even had rain flys! If you are looking to save a little bit, he is a good option.
ltighe21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #9
texican
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltighe21 View Post
We've rented from Kenny several times and will do it again. No problems, very courteous and responsive. Our carts last week even had rain flys! If you are looking to save a little bit, he is a good option.
Oh, I agree. We used him last time. I just have a feeling that he's not calling us back because he's already booked. Kicking myself for waiting too long!
Old 03-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #10
betmust
Mouseketeer

I have used Kenny the last 5 years and just booked him for an upcoming trip in the fall. Sometimes it takes a few days for him to call back. I did call him between 7:30 - 8 am and he answered the phone himself and I got to talk to him. I know our phone # comes up as private on a caller I D box. He told me a while ago that he generally won't answer it if it comes up that way. If I hit *82 on my phone, it will allow my name and # to show. Thats what I always do now and am able to get him early in the morning. May be worth trying...
betmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:05 AM   #11
texican
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by betmust View Post
I have used Kenny the last 5 years and just booked him for an upcoming trip in the fall. Sometimes it takes a few days for him to call back. I did call him between 7:30 - 8 am and he answered the phone himself and I got to talk to him. I know our phone # comes up as private on a caller I D box. He told me a while ago that he generally won't answer it if it comes up that way. If I hit *82 on my phone, it will allow my name and # to show. Thats what I always do now and am able to get him early in the morning. May be worth trying...
Thanks! I'll try right now!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #12
texican
Earning My Ears

Sweet! He had an opening!! We're all set now! Thanks!
Old 03-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #13
betmust
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texican View Post
Sweet! He had an opening!! We're all set now! Thanks!
Glad that worked for you...
betmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #14
klstiger
Mouseketeer

Can someone share what it cost for a week rental? Doesnt have to be exact just trying to get an idea...
thanks!

Kristy
klstiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #15
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

What does Kenny charge per day? And what type of cart is it ?

Dates i can remember....
Annual pass holder in Feb 2010

Wilderness lodge- (Feb 4,5,6 2010)(Feb 4,5,6 2011)
Caribbean Beach - (Mar 2010)
Saratoga Springs- (July 2010)
Coronado- (Aug2010)
Offsite for Not so scary Halloween party (Oct 2010)
Allstar Movies for Very Merry Christmas party (Dec2010)

POP for Vey Merry (Dec 2011)
Aulani for honeymoon (Feb 4-11 2012)
Mouse14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: