Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
starrysky
DIS Veteran

Prices at resort shops

Can any one tell me what the cost of items like shampoo etc are in the resort shops?
Wondering about options to take with us, delivery or just buy at resort shop. We had a garden grocer delivery last year as we were at OKW but this year we won't need as much food stuff as we won't have a kitchen. Though not having all the extra weight in our cases was helpful.

No hire car and don't want to spend out on a taxi.

1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ

starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

I am sure the only shampoo I have seen in the resort shops is the large bottles of the stuff you have in the room and I think they were $10-15!

I am happy to look when I am there in a couple of weeks if that helps?

July 2014 - OKWApr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Elise79 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #3
starrysky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise79 View Post
I am sure the only shampoo I have seen in the resort shops is the large bottles of the stuff you have in the room and I think they were $10-15!

I am happy to look when I am there in a couple of weeks if that helps?
That would be great thanks. I know they had a small range of alternatives but we normally take with us so never really looked at the cost. If its much the same as having it delivered then I will just buy in the store.

1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ

Old 03-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #4
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip

They give you shampoo, if you are prepared to use it. I'm not and neither is DD but hubby and son do.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
starrysky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
They give you shampoo, if you are prepared to use it. I'm not and neither is DD but hubby and son do.
Yes I have tried the resort stuff but it just makes my hair tangled and painful to brush I had to buy that kids detangler spray and all that did was make it greasy.
I just hate having to lug all the shampoo etc with us plus I have had it leak into my toilet bag on the way over so that was an annoying slimy mess to deal with.
DH just says get a garden grocer order anyway as we will order juice and snacks but I'm not prepared to pay more for toiletries if they are the same cost in the store.
Don't now why I'm worried about this now but now our flights are booked its all becoming more real that we are going back so I go into super planner mode lol.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #6
Samaya
DIS Veteran

The products in this link http://www.h2oplus.com/category/bath...t+amenities.do are similar to those provided in the room but in larger containers so it might give you a guide as to the prices in Fulton's General Store at Port Orleans and the next link http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc/...BLT_031413.pdf is only for grocery orders at DVC resorts, but hopefully they might prove helpful.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #7
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip

I would get stuff delivered from GG. Then you can choose a familiar product. We find with water, toiletries and washing products we can make the minimum cost order and save a bundle on the cost of water in the parks. Sun cream is cheaper (or no more expensive then out two for one offers) and that's really heavy in a suitcase.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #8
starrysky
DIS Veteran

While I like the smell of the h2o stuff I just find that it's not great on my hair. We are used to soft Scottish water and it's amazing how the same product here reacts differently over there.

Thanks so much everyone. I knew I could count on you all for help.
I know six months out is a bit to worry but being the October holidays and popular ish time I know I will need to be organised to make sure I get the order in on time to get it the day we arrive.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #9
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

I take and toiletries with us, seal them in ziploc bags and put then into an empty plastic biscuit 'tin' in the suitcase so they are not susceptible to being squashed and if they do leak, they leak into the ziploc bags.

We just bin any left over before we come back. I wouldn't use the resort stuff on my hair but some say it's fine. I certainly wouldn't use it on hair that tends to be dry or is color treated though
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #10
MrsTigger
DLRP board....guaranteed to make you smile!
I keep thinking.. who’s that!!
Just thought I'd come and say hello

With GG is it just a chase of ordering online using the hotel dress and then collecting it from concierge desk on arrival?

MrsTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #11
chmurf
DIS Veteran

we don't use the resort shampoo (H2O) but love the smell of it. We don't use it, but we bring all of those little bottles home. They make perfect little gift for the people back home. Not a souvenir per se, but an additional small thing that costs nothing, and that people are very fond of.

We usually shop at Target and get the same brand we do at home.
If you can't do that, and GG has too high a delivery fee, your resort shop might have something for you, at an expensive, but still affordable price (Disney prices)
If you have allergy, or a brand you know is perfect for you, then pack it
Pack only what you need and throw the bottle away to make some room for the souvenirs.

Good advice from Lee. Shampoo, sunscreen, shower gel ... leaking inside a suitcase ... yuk ... and suitcases do get abused at airport, bottles do explode. Seal all liquid inside a ziplock bag.

feb-mar 2012 : POP
oct-nov 2012 : POP/CBR
oct-nov 2013 : AoA/POR
chmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #12
Laszkowicz
Mouseketeer

I'm a man n I use owt ! Lol

Stuff in Paris was great.

This my 1st time in WDW.....,

Can I trust you guys n not pack any shampoo for myself?
We're there 2 weeks.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #13
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
I take and toiletries with us, seal them in ziploc bags and put then into an empty plastic biscuit 'tin' in the suitcase so they are not susceptible to being squashed and if they do leak, they leak into the ziploc bags.

We just bin any left over before we come back. I wouldn't use the resort stuff on my hair but some say it's fine. I certainly wouldn't use it on hair that tends to be dry or is color treated though

Yes thats what we do as well, minus the plastic biscuit tin! We go for a big black bin bag taped around each item!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszkowicz View Post
I'm a man n I use owt ! Lol

Stuff in Paris was great.

This my 1st time in WDW.....,

Can I trust you guys n not pack any shampoo for myself?
We're there 2 weeks.
Yes you'll be fine!

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #14
Disneynutinlondon
It's been such a blast with all the lurkers and fluffing
I seem to be whitering on in a constant stream of random thoughts
I think I'll just go with the small one

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
OMG Lee I swear we must have been separated at birth ......... that's EXACTLY what I do with our stuff
Old 03-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #15
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
Good advice from Lee. Shampoo, sunscreen, shower gel ... leaking inside a suitcase ... yuk ... and suitcases do get abused at airport, bottles do explode. Seal all liquid inside a ziplock bag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by queendisney View Post
Yes thats what we do as well, minus the plastic biscuit tin! We go for a big black bin bag taped around each item!!

I only use the plastic biscuit tin so that it's easy if security wants to open up and check anything. They can see what is in there without having to undo the plastic because they don't have time to wrap things back up securely Not sure if it does any good this way, but it was my logic anyway

Yes you'll be fine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynutinlondon View Post
OMG Lee I swear we must have been separated at birth ......... that's EXACTLY what I do with our stuff
LOL, so that's where you disappeared to all my life! I wondered where my twin was
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: