Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #1
LikeSeriously
Mouseketeer

How's My Schedule?

I put this together based on the crowd calendar from EasyWDW. I'm wondering if I will regret choosing parks with short days though. Will we be able to squeeze it all in? We will not have park hoppers. It will be me, my husband and our nearly 8 year old daughter. No thrill rides but we will want to see the fairies at MK and Ariel for sure and do Agent P's Adventure at EP. Those are three "musts" on the list and I don't want them to take up all of our time if we have to wait in lines. We also will have at least one TS meal each day. It makes total sense to me to avoid parks with special events and EMH but I just want to be sure the short days leave enough time for everything. My only concern so far over the schedule is not being at MK on a day that will allow us to see the Electric Parade. However, if we renew our local zoo membership, it gets us into Animal Kingdom for one day. If that is the case then we could use it on our AK day and still use that day's park pass to make a later run to MK to see the parade.

Sunday 10/6 :
MK: __________
Monday 10/7:
EP: Breakfast at Akershus at 8:00am
Tuesday 10/8:
HS: ?lunch or dinner? at 50's Prime Time
Wednesday 10/9:
AK: Breakfast at Tusker House at 8:00am
Thursday 10/10:
EP: ?lunch or dinner? at Rose & Crown Pub
Friday 10/11:
MK: ?lunch or dinner? at Liberty Tree Tavern
MNSSHP
LikeSeriously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
LikeSeriously
Mouseketeer

Also, it would stray a little more from the suggested EasyWDW dates but what about doing AK/MNSSHP together and having another full day at MK that way?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #3
anorman
DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure you're going to be quite busy. You might need a vacation from your vacation! It all looks pretty good to me. I probably wouldn't try to squeeze in that last thing you mentioned i.e. AK and MNSSHP in the same day and two full days in the MK are a must to get everything in.....otherwise, you're good to go!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #4
LikeSeriously
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anorman
I'm pretty sure you're going to be quite busy. You might need a vacation from your vacation! It all looks pretty good to me. I probably wouldn't try to squeeze in that last thing you mentioned i.e. AK and MNSSHP in the same day and two full days in the MK are a must to get everything in.....otherwise, you're good to go!
The last time we went, when my daughter was 4, we did Seaworld and MNSSHP in the same day and it worked out great for us. Went back to the room mid-day to rest up. I'm thinking if we do a full day at MK/MNSSHP together, we'll probably take it much slower in the park but not go back to the room to rest unfortunately. That's why I was considering doing AK/MNSSHP in the same day and using my now scheduled AK day as a full day at MK. We'd be able to see the Electric Parade that way as well. My only hesitation is that it will make me stray more from the suggested schedule of the EasyWDW crowd calendar.

I'm a bit disappointed in the dining reservations I got this morning so I'll be watching for cancelations to open up and that may change my calendar around a little.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #5
anorman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeSeriously View Post
The last time we went, when my daughter was 4, we did Seaworld and MNSSHP in the same day and it worked out great for us. Went back to the room mid-day to rest up. I'm thinking if we do a full day at MK/MNSSHP together, we'll probably take it much slower in the park but not go back to the room to rest unfortunately. That's why I was considering doing AK/MNSSHP in the same day and using my now scheduled AK day as a full day at MK. We'd be able to see the Electric Parade that way as well. My only hesitation is that it will make me stray more from the suggested schedule of the EasyWDW crowd calendar.

I'm a bit disappointed in the dining reservations I got this morning so I'll be watching for cancelations to open up and that may change my calendar around a little.
Everybody does things differently and each to their own in terms of what works for you. Last year we only did one day at Disney and spent it at the MK but had been to Disney 5 times before. We went for rope drop, got a lot done and left around 2 p.m. to rest up back at the villa. We then returned at 6 p.m. after supper and had a leisurely couple of hours in the park while waiting for wishes. It was a great day. This year we are going and only doing Disney. I can't wait!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: