Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 10:07 PM   #106
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4butlers View Post
I wonder if these will have Photopass capabilities also?
They will. That's why photopass package purchasers will be issued magic bands (in addition to on-site guests and AP holders).
dadddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #107
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

I havent read this whole thread..but what i have is interesting. I will try the band. But i wonder if i grow tired of the band if i can just go swap it for a regular kttw card. I never wear any jewelry n dont evn know my own tolerance for it.
I plan on sittn back and reading all the new experiences people have with these until we go nxt february. We had a few issues with the new turnstyles this year...so i m hopeful the bugs will be worked out by then. Fingers crossed lol.
I m most intrigued with the table service credits and leavin tip with on accnt. And the photopass. That is where it would be convenient i think...
LovinPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 10:21 PM   #108
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
I don't understand how either of those issues would matter.

Because unlike someone who books a package through Disney. This person would have a room-only reservation through DVC (a reservation in which they have no control over until they check into the resort) and because there's no Disney package, they'd buy tickets from Undercover Tourist. There have been people who were concerned that you'd have to buy a package from Disney to be eligible for a MagicBand.

But if you go back a few pages, this poster's question has been asked and answered. Neither her reservation type or ticket type should preclude them from the new system.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #109
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post

Because unlike someone who books a package through Disney. This person would have a room-only reservation through DVC (a reservation in which they have no control over until they check into the resort) and because there's no Disney package, they'd buy tickets from Undercover Tourist. There have been people who were concerned that you'd have to buy a package from Disney to be eligible for a MagicBand.

But if you go back a few pages, this poster's question has been asked and answered. Neither her reservation type or ticket type should preclude them from the new system.
Since they are not AP holders or photopass purchasers and they are renting DVC points, they may or may not be sent a 'free' magic band. However, even if they were not, they could still upgrade their RFID card to a band.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:42 PM   #110
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

So, we have APa that haven't been activated yet. Is there a place in My Dis Exp where I can enter the pass #s to " activate" our ability to use Fastpass+?
conandrob240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #111
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrob240 View Post
So, we have APa that haven't been activated yet. Is there a place in My Dis Exp where I can enter the pass #s to " activate" our ability to use Fastpass+?
FP+ doesn't exist yet, so you can't 'activate' it.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:13 AM   #112
samacita
Mouseketeer

These are great! One less thing to carry.
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:53 AM   #113
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

I am very excited about this. I am sure they will introduce lots of RFID device options like key fobs etc. maybe even a dog tag style so people can hang them around their neck instead. You know how we love our lanyards! A person might not have arms for example or some people just do not like wearing bracelets or any jewellery. I can't wait. I am so going to buy the watch if there is one! Cool :-) take my money disney go on you know you want to lol.
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 2008, Saratoga The Springs 2009, Saratoga The Springs 2010, Saratoga The Paddocks 2011, Disney Dream 2011, Saratoga The Grandstand 2012, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL Kidani Village 2013, Saratoga 2013 , VWL 2013, Disney Dream 2013, ASMu 2014, Saratoga 2014, AKV 2014, BCV 2014, Disney Dream 2014, VGF 2014

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:47 AM   #114
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio

Since they are not AP holders or photopass purchasers and they are renting DVC points, they may or may not be sent a 'free' magic band. However, even if they were not, they could still upgrade their RFID card to a band.
They are still guests at a Disney resort, renting points or not.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:56 AM   #115
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

I know why Disney has created these 'controversial' magicbands - so that the whiners, the complainers, and the conspiracy nuts don't go to WDW anymore!
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:59 AM   #116
>Ash<
Sorcerer Of The Magic Kingdom

Magic Bands

I am very excited about these bands, i think they could be brilliant, with the information they hold,

never again will a child be upset when tinkerbell dosnt recognise her, every year your child gets greeted by characters saying welcome back **insert name*** this could be so magical. cast members can identify you with the info on that band, maybe in the future your dining res's will be on here, walk up to the restraunt, scan one band, your name and party number appears and your aprox wait time maybe even, your server today is....

if Disney play this right it could change everything at Disney World.

scan your band, you get a fast pass, a quick text to your phone, your time slot is avaliable for Big Thunder Mountain.....

imagine having the freedom for your child to be able to quickly order their own drink or play a quick arcade game without going Mom, Dad can i have a quater,dollar whatever!.

i cant wait until these bands are in the park ill be certainly upgrading and adding new things to my band if thats possible. even at a charge if i can use it year on year i want it to look cool.

if these things can track people in the parks in the future how many kids would go missing? disney can track every person in the park if they needed to find somone urgently.

yeah maybe thats a little "big brother is watching you" kind of moment but at least i know if a child is missing a cast member can locate their family so quickly and reunite a scared child.

lost your wallet? a cast member could find it, see your name on ur lisence and find you to return it.

imagine if your sat waiting for the parade and on the castle flashed up the words "Tom from Ohio is here celerbrating his 40th birthday" things like that

Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, they wouldnt even need to ask your name, they can be like, "Tom, where are ya tom" and it would be so magical and fun.

this could be incorporated into so much if they had the imagination which im sure they do to do this.

>Ash< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:06 AM   #117
mesaboy2
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated

Quote:
Originally Posted by >Ash< View Post
I am very excited about these bands, i think they could be brilliant, with the information they hold,

never again will a child be upset when tinkerbell dosnt recognise her, every year your child gets greeted by characters saying welcome back **insert name*** this could be so magical. cast members can identify you with the info on that band, maybe in the future your dining res's will be on here, walk up to the restraunt, scan one band, your name and party number appears and your aprox wait time maybe even, your server today is....

if Disney play this right it could change everything at Disney World.

scan your band, you get a fast pass, a quick text to your phone, your time slot is avaliable for Big Thunder Mountain.....

imagine having the freedom for your child to be able to quickly order their own drink or play a quick arcade game without going Mom, Dad can i have a quater,dollar whatever!.

i cant wait until these bands are in the park ill be certainly upgrading and adding new things to my band if thats possible. even at a charge if i can use it year on year i want it to look cool.

if these things can track people in the parks in the future how many kids would go missing? disney can track every person in the park if they needed to find somone urgently.

yeah maybe thats a little "big brother is watching you" kind of moment but at least i know if a child is missing a cast member can locate their family so quickly and reunite a scared child.

lost your wallet? a cast member could find it, see your name on ur lisence and find you to return it.

imagine if your sat waiting for the parade and on the castle flashed up the words "Tom from Ohio is here celerbrating his 40th birthday" things like that

Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, they wouldnt even need to ask your name, they can be like, "Tom, where are ya tom" and it would be so magical and fun.

this could be incorporated into so much if they had the imagination which im sure they do to do this.
The technology exists to do all sorts of interesting things like these. Whether Disney's IT folks are up to the task is what more than a few of us are skeptical about.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)

Last edited by mesaboy2; 03-22-2013 at 06:14 AM.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #118
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
The plan, as I last knew it, is that ALL resort guests will get a MagicBand, regardless if it was part of a package or not. The tickets can be transferred to the profile of the MagicBand much the same way they transfer them to KTTW cards.

As this rolls out, however, package people might get them first, etc.

Of course, we're supposedly over a month late with the rollout...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #119
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

Okay. Fatspass + now shows up on My Dis Exp ( I just upgraded it yesterday) so I took that to mean it was ready to go and that if I added tickets ( which, by the way, I now no longer see a spot for where I did before), it might " come alive". Okay, so we are still waiting. I am very anxious to try this in August. Hope it is ready.
conandrob240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #120
mesaboy2
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrob240 View Post
Okay. Fatspass + now shows up on My Dis Exp ( I just upgraded it yesterday) so I took that to mean it was ready to go and that if I added tickets ( which, by the way, I now no longer see a spot for where I did before), it might " come alive". Okay, so we are still waiting. I am very anxious to try this in August. Hope it is ready.
FP+ is not ready, what you see is a placeholder. Will it be ready in August? Who knows....

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: