Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #1
Postal68
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 715

Really no benefit to stay "on Property" anymore

They are taking away all the perks of staying at a Disney hotel. It's not worth paying the extra $$$$. Stay off site, and extend your vacation.
Postal68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:00 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal68 View Post
They are taking away all the perks of staying at a Disney hotel. It's not worth paying the extra $$$$. Stay off site, and extend your vacation.
I disagree for now at least. We'll see what evolves in the coming months and years.
__________________
WDW: 46 visits (5 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 12 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #3
rdaughtery
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 5

Why do you say that? Basically, my favorite perk is the fact that the bus just drops us off right at the main gate. I couldn't imagine parking in the parking lot, and going through all the hoopla just to get in the park. Magic hours are not a good thing in my opinion anyways, because the park gets way to crowded!
rdaughtery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #4
LaurenT
DIS Veteran
 
LaurenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 6,807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal68
They are taking away all the perks of staying at a Disney hotel. It's not worth paying the extra $$$$. Stay off site, and extend your vacation.
I hear ya....
I actually stay on and offsite. I'll probably continue to do that, even if they take away EMH all together. I'm sure there'll be some other benefit coming along to replace it. I like being offsite in a huge three bedroom with all the comforts of home and my car there to run to the store or get from park to park whenever I like.
I also like being onsite where I don't have to worry about driving anywhere, I can have three cocktails if I want...and where the awesome resort pools and other amenities make me feel very pampered. And where I can take DD and have DH meet us, or vice versa without worrying about who has the car.....
__________________
Lauren DH DD



Just me and the mouse! Nov 2014 POFQ
Mommy and Me trip! April 2015 offsite
The Whole Gang Aug 2015 AKL
LaurenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #5
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY
 
Lorilais_mommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where it is cold!!
Posts: 2,678

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdaughtery
Why do you say that? Basically, my favorite perk is the fact that the bus just drops us off right at the main gate. I couldn't imagine parking in the parking lot, and going through all the hoopla just to get in the park. Magic hours are not a good thing in my opinion anyways, because the park gets way to crowded!
And magical express!
These options alone is why DH will never let me book offsite again!

Unless they are offering FREE rental cars! ;-)

DH drives in heavy traffic everyday.. Not having to to drive anywhere HUGE perk for us!
__________________
ME & DH DD (6) london (inf.)

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #6
siskaren
DIS Veteran
 
siskaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 8,244

I like not having to rent a car and I definitely like DME. I've rarely taken advantage of EMH.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
Kellykins1218
DIS Veteran
 
Kellykins1218's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sandusky, Ohio
Posts: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdaughtery View Post
Why do you say that? Basically, my favorite perk is the fact that the bus just drops us off right at the main gate. I couldn't imagine parking in the parking lot, and going through all the hoopla just to get in the park. Magic hours are not a good thing in my opinion anyways, because the park gets way to crowded!

I love being "in the middle" of Disney. I don't care if I get in early but I want my kids to experience the magic of sleeping surrounded by giant Disney characters. Staying onsite is just fun!
__________________
I've been BOO'ED by GoofyinToronto!!


I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!
Kellykins1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #8
ThreeBeans
Now with FOUR Beans
 
ThreeBeans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 813

I disagree
__________________
1991, 1997, 1998, 2003, 20011, 20011
2013: Apr 30-May 8 with all FOUR kids, 8,7, 5 and 1 :-) OKW

ThreeBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #9
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY
 
Lorilais_mommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where it is cold!!
Posts: 2,678

This is not a perk for me..
But many people like the DDP.. Which you can only get if your on site..

We have done both, but will not be doing DDP again..

There are still other who do and view it as a perk..
__________________
ME & DH DD (6) london (inf.)

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #10
RachaelA
DIS Veteran
 
RachaelA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 1145 miles from the mouse
Posts: 5,098

What has gone away other than losing an EMH in the summer and shortening evening EMH?
__________________

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV Upcoming Trip: October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!*
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #11
growinupdisney
DIS Veteran
 
growinupdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: newport,n.c.
Posts: 944

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdaughtery View Post
Why do you say that? Basically, my favorite perk is the fact that the bus just drops us off right at the main gate. I couldn't imagine parking in the parking lot, and going through all the hoopla just to get in the park. Magic hours are not a good thing in my opinion anyways, because the park gets way to crowded!

Same here!!!
__________________
Me: DH DD18 DS15 DD5








There is no better place on Earth than Walt Disney World!
growinupdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #12
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY
 
Lorilais_mommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where it is cold!!
Posts: 2,678

One more from me...


Disney costumer service..
DH and I have stayed in many non-disney hotels and every time we do. We are disappointed..
I don't know what we are expecting, since we know its NOT disney.. But we are just spoiled I guess..
__________________
ME & DH DD (6) london (inf.)

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #13
Alesia
DIS Veteran
 
Alesia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Orange Barrel Capitol of the World
Posts: 9,991

Not having to rent a car is the absolute biggest perk for us.
__________________

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #14
siskaren
DIS Veteran
 
siskaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 8,244

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelA View Post
What has gone away other than losing an EMH in the summer and shortening evening EMH?
That's what I was wondering, too.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #15
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.
 
jade1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Wayzata, MN
Posts: 6,507

I will stay offsite as long as I can be in my room 5 minutes after Illuminations (BCV).
__________________
jade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.