Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
bluenoser3652001
Mouseketeer

Mickey Body Parts Book

Hi, I wanted to post a book I made for some of my pictures from Disney World. I was going to make just a book with Mickey heads but found out there was something at Micheals concerning this so I just switched it around a bit. When you are at WDW you always find things that are Mickey body parts like his head, hands, pants and feet. It wasn't too bad making it with Cricut E and the Mickey and Friends cart. TFL,,,,Carol

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 23, 2004 1:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue> countdown to my Disney trip since 1981 </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'yipee!!!! 10 days in WDW';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
bluenoser3652001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
vanyel
Mouseketeer
I like to escape in the occasional "bodice ripper"!
I don't think I want to be my tree

Oh my, is that creative! Looks great!
vanyel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2009, 07:38 PM   #3
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

Very cute book!

Rebecca
Old 07-19-2009, 10:22 AM   #4
bluenoser3652001
Mouseketeer

btt
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 23, 2004 1:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue> countdown to my Disney trip since 1981 </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'yipee!!!! 10 days in WDW';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Old 07-19-2009, 10:54 AM   #5
Carolc
Disneyland is... a source of joy and inspiration to all the world

That is so cool!

Photography board thread: Show me photos an average tourist may not take
Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #6
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...

Love your creativity!! One reason i keep coming to these boards is all the great ideas that people have.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:56 PM   #7
bluenoser3652001
Mouseketeer

If anyone would like instructions on this Book using the Cricut E please let me know, I have then all written out,,,,Carol
Old 07-21-2009, 01:41 PM   #8
logan&tylersmama
DIS Veteran

so cute - what size did you make it - my boys might like having one of these
jennifer
logan&tylersmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:34 PM   #9
NemoMom07
Swim Nemo Swim! You are free!

Location: North Carolina. But my heart and soul are in Tennessee

That is just waaaaayyyyyy to cute. Great job. Very clever.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:42 AM   #10
bluenoser3652001
Mouseketeer

I got the problem fixed with my Microsoft Word

Last edited by bluenoser3652001; 07-22-2009 at 06:53 AM. Reason: I got it fixed
Old 07-22-2009, 06:49 AM   #11
bluenoser3652001
Mouseketeer

Here are the instructions for the Mickey Body Parts Book using Cricut E

HEAD
#1) Cut 2 medium chipboards at 7 1/2"shadow and shift keys and #1on keyboard.
#2) Cut 4 pieces of red or black (I used black) cardstock at the same setting and 7 1/2 just use the repeat last button

HANDS
#1) Cut 2 chipboards at 7 1/2", shadow, and shift button and #5 on keyboard, then cut
#2) Cut 4 white cardstock at 7 1/2", press shadow and shift button and repeat last button. This is for each side of the chipboard hands.
#3) Using black cardstock press icon button and #5 on keyboard, then cut 4 hands.
#4) Then press shift and still the icon button, cut 2 with white cardstock.

Pants
#1) Cut 1 chipboard at 7 1/2" with shadow and shift key and #2 on keyboard.
#2) With same settings press repeat last key with black cardstock.
#3) Then press icon button and #2 keyboard, use an orangey yellow cardstock for pants.
#4) Then use icon and shift button and the repeat last button with a red cardstock, REMEMBER to keep the 2 little red oblong pieces that come out of the pants you will need them later.

FEET
#1) Cut 2 chipboards at 5" not 7 1/2 ( 7 1/2 is really too, too big for the rest of the body)
#2) Cut 4 pieces of black cardstock, press shadow button and shift button and #3 on keyboard, then press cut
#3) Then cut 2 pieces of the orangey yellow ( the color you used on the pants), using the icon button and the shift button and and #3 on keyboard.
#4) Now those little red pieces from the pants can be glued to the backside of the yellow cardstock for the feet ( no sence in doing an extra step and using extra paper to make a real big piece of red to go under the yellow.

Notes:
On your cartridge booklet if you number your pages to match your keys on your keyboard you will know why I used all the number signs.

On the back to finish it off you can put another Mickey head ( which I did after I saw the pictures on 2peas, it just needed something else to finish it.
Then line up your pages the way I did (or the way you like) and I punched the holes with my Crop-a-dile which was very easy and then slip in the binder rings.
I'll still post some pictures of my finished Body Parts Book. But you could use it as an Autograph book with getting the Characters to sign the front of the pages like on the fingers of the hand and then put the pictures on the back of the hand.
Just pull the book apart and get the Characters to sign it.
I'm just going to use pictures because I already made an Autograph book
Old 08-24-2009, 01:37 PM   #12
bluenoser3652001
Mouseketeer

btt
Old 08-25-2009, 07:37 AM   #13
SharonLovesMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenoser3652001 View Post
Notes:
On your cartridge booklet if you number your pages to match your keys on your keyboard you will know why I used all the number signs.
LOVE your book....but you can tell me more about the above? How are you numbering and does it help improve your process?
SharonLovesMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:22 AM   #14
bluenoser3652001
Mouseketeer

What cartridges do you have Sharon? Do you have the Mickey and friends?If you do let me know and I can walk you though what I mean by numbering the pages,,,Carol
Old 09-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #15
Eramosa
Earning My Ears

Oh my! That is really really cute! I love it!

Rhonda
Eramosa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: