Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #16
jennyf2
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

Single mom here too ..... We are going June 25-July 2nd... Cant wait !!!!!

Now living 10 minutes from DISNEY
jennyf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:40 PM   #17
alisha123
Mouseketeer

Single mom's do rock!!😆😆😆we can't wait either I check the ride wait times daily on the undercover tourist app!! I've also ordered specialty made and embroidered mickey and minnie hats to surprise my twins with before we go!!!
alisha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #18
MSmathmom
Earning My Ears

Another (newly) single mom here! I'm taking my three girls on our first vacation without their dad in just 10 days. Like others I plan to communicate often about expectations, take it easier than I have on past trips, and will use Undercover Tourist for planning.

I've given each girl one special request experience each day and we have all agreed that if we get those three things done in a day, the day will be a win. So for our first Magic Kingdom day, one girl will dress as Belle and meet Gaston, one will dress as Merida to meet Merida, and the other will ride the tea cups. Add in some Dole Whip for me and it should be perfect day even if we don't get anything else accomplished.

We are also dressing alike as much as possible for safety. That may be going overboard, but it makes sense for us and we like making our own tees to wear to Disney.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #19
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyf2 View Post
Single mom here too ..... We are going June 25-July 2nd... Cant wait !!!!!
Woop woop! That's awesome!!!! It's so exciting!
momofboyz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #20
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmathmom View Post
Another (newly) single mom here! I'm taking my three girls on our first vacation without their dad in just 10 days. Like others I plan to communicate often about expectations, take it easier than I have on past trips, and will use Undercover Tourist for planning.

I've given each girl one special request experience each day and we have all agreed that if we get those three things done in a day, the day will be a win. So for our first Magic Kingdom day, one girl will dress as Belle and meet Gaston, one will dress as Merida to meet Merida, and the other will ride the tea cups. Add in some Dole Whip for me and it should be perfect day even if we don't get anything else accomplished.

We are also dressing alike as much as possible for safety. That may be going overboard, but it makes sense for us and we like making our own tees to wear to Disney.
That sounds great! You guys are going to have an awesome time & thanx for your reply!
Old 04-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #21
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisha123 View Post
Single mom's do rock!!dde06dde06dde06we can't wait either I check the ride wait times daily on the undercover tourist app!! I've also ordered specialty made and embroidered mickey and minnie hats to surprise my twins with before we go!!!
My gosh- I have about 4 different apps and not even sure what they all do. They are going to be so surprised the hats are a great idea!