DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #256
icouldlivethere
Mouseketeer

Back on May 3rd I posted to this thread that I had just talked to my guide and he said there were 9 people ahead of us waiting for BWV Oct. UY points. Shortly after that someone posted that two 200 point Oct UY BWV contracts had just been taken back by DVD so there should be 400 Oct. UY BWV points in the system soon.

That was back in early May so I figured they should be in the system by now and we should have moved up the list some. So, we called our guide today to ask him where we are on the list. He checked and said we are number 10 on the list for BWV Oct. UY points. Say what??!! We haven't moved up at all in over 2 months??!! I'm wondering what happened to those two 200 point contracts they bought back. Is there any way of finding out if they ever made it into the system?

We've been on the list since 3/19 so in one more week it will be 4 months since we went on the list. With the resale prices going up as much as they have I haven't seen DVD taking back many contracts lately. We only wanted 25 points but I really think we may never see them and definitely won't see them in time to get the 2012 set of points we were hoping for. Very disappointing!

icouldlivethere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #257
cbnsoul
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by icouldlivethere View Post
Back on May 3rd I posted to this thread that I had just talked to my guide and he said there were 9 people ahead of us waiting for BWV Oct. UY points. Shortly after that someone posted that two 200 point Oct UY BWV contracts had just been taken back by DVD so there should be 400 Oct. UY BWV points in the system soon.

That was back in early May so I figured they should be in the system by now and we should have moved up the list some. So, we called our guide today to ask him where we are on the list. He checked and said we are number 10 on the list for BWV Oct. UY points. Say what??!! We haven't moved up at all in over 2 months??!! I'm wondering what happened to those two 200 point contracts they bought back. Is there any way of finding out if they ever made it into the system?

We've been on the list since 3/19 so in one more week it will be 4 months since we went on the list. With the resale prices going up as much as they have I haven't seen DVD taking back many contracts lately. We only wanted 25 points but I really think we may never see them and definitely won't see them in time to get the 2012 set of points we were hoping for. Very disappointing!
My guess is those contracts weren't loaded so DVC is waiting til Oct 1st, when they get the 2013 points, to sell them.
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #258
icouldlivethere
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbnsoul View Post
My guess is those contracts weren't loaded so DVC is waiting til Oct 1st, when they get the 2013 points, to sell them.
According to the person who put a bid in on one of them, they were loaded. They even had 2011 points yet. Here is the post from the ROFR thread for one of the contracts:

dbs1228---200 BWV (Oct), $65, all 11 points and forward, (sub 4/17, ROFR 5/16)

She was told there was another one exactly like it that was also taken back by DVD.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #259
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
According to the person who put a bid in on one of them, they were loaded. They even had 2011 points yet. Here is the post from the ROFR thread for one of the contracts:

She was told there was another one exactly like it that was also taken back by DVD.
I have had several fully loaded BWV contracts taken in the past few months (from a variety of use years). If you haven't moved up the list then something is going on that we don't know about. It comes as no surprise, really, as I think that the "guides" and DVC in general treat wait list customers somewhere in the middle of how they treat direct buyers of current resorts and resale buyers. I believe that they are purposely vague when it comes to sharing details about the wait lists. Good luck getting this sorted out.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #260
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:

This is correct and there were 2 identical contracts OCT UY loaded, both taken in the same week. There is a thread were it says that the deed was recorded in mid June. Good luck I would have thought you would have moved a little bit! I hope DCV is not holding back until Oct just so they do not have to give 2012 points!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #261
twinsouvenirs
Mother of Dragons :)

hmmmm... what is afoot! Perhaps rehabbing, or has BWK been rehabbed recently? Maybe they want more inventory for cash reservations?
Old 07-12-2013, 11:09 PM   #262
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsouvenirs View Post
hmmmm... what is afoot! Perhaps rehabbing, or has BWK been rehabbed recently? Maybe they want more inventory for cash reservations?
BWV was rehabbed just a few years ago, so no rehab in the pipeline. My cynical brain definitely thinks that DVD could have set up these classic resorts wait lists as a kind of standby line. They'd rather sell a couple BWV contracts at $130 per point, then a wait-listed one. Then a couple of more full-priced contracts, then a wait-listed one. Kind of like the ratio between the FP line and the standby line.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #264
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Its amazing to me that I started the resale process at the beginning of March (1st contract sent to ROFR) and now 3rd contract later (1st 2 taken) we passed fully loaded BWV contract (20.00PP more then the 1st contract ) but I was tired of Disney taking them and now we should close next week! after renting out 2012 points we will be at the 65.00 price point we were looking to buy at! Who said direct was quicker
Good luck to all who are waiting.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #265
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
BWV was rehabbed just a few years ago, so no rehab in the pipeline. My cynical brain definitely thinks that DVD could have set up these classic resorts wait lists as a kind of standby line. They'd rather sell a couple BWV contracts at $130 per point, then a wait-listed one. Then a couple of more full-priced contracts, then a wait-listed one. Kind of like the ratio between the FP line and the standby line.
I was sort of thinking the same thing but I took it even further. Isn't there an expiration for some wait list people as to how long the $115 price is good for. I wouldn't be surprised if DVD lets those wait list requests expire just so they can sell those points for $130. The "guides" talk about the wait list as if it were linear, but something tells me that it isn't.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #266
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

I just picked up a 150 pt Oct UY BWV resale contract.. might be something to look at if you don't mind going that route
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #267
icouldlivethere
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
I just picked up a 150 pt Oct UY BWV resale contract.. might be something to look at if you don't mind going that route
Our first BWV contract was a resale contract, so I have no problem going that route, but we only want 25 points. I've been watching the resale sites for the last 4 months and haven't seen a single 25 pt Oct UY BWV contract become available. There was a 50 pt contract up for sale yesterday but they were asking $90 a pt and it was a stripped contract with no pts until Oct. 2014. Maybe if it was a loaded contract we may have considered it but we really only want 25 pts.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:03 AM   #268
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Our first BWV contract was a resale contract, so I have no problem going that route, but we only want 25 points. I've been watching the resale sites for the last 4 months and haven't seen a single 25 pt Oct UY BWV contract become available. There was a 50 pt contract up for sale yesterday but they were asking $90 a pt and it was a stripped contract with no pts until Oct. 2014. Maybe if it was a loaded contract we may have considered it but we really only want 25 pts.
Good luck it will happen you just need to be patient - not easy for me! I agree 50 point stripped contract at 90.00 is not worth going resale for many reason. Hang in there!

Old 07-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #269
twinsouvenirs
Mother of Dragons :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean View Post
the price he was quoted was $158, which he said, after I asked him, includes a $7 incentive for purchases over 50 points.

I really wonder DVC feels the need to offer incentives at a resort where they have wait lists of up to one year.
I am guessing DVC is trying to get the purchases up in value-- a bunch of 25 pt purchases takes a lot more administration than a few 100 pters. Economy of scale and all--so if they offer a small incentive, it may push their purchasers into higher point purchases--less administration, more efficient transactions for the same overarching amount of points for sale = higher profits for the mouse since the supply is not changing.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:59 AM   #270
Waseller77
Mouseketeer

I have been on the waitlist for 50 BWV points with Feb use year since March 19. Got the call last night that our points have arrived!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: