Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #31
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

LOVE the Tinkerbell picture!!! Zoey has such a great expression for someone staring at her empty hands.
The new trip sounds like fun!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #32
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

I think it would of taken superman to resist something like that haha. That is too funny. I'm sure it'll be an amazing trip regardless BLT can always wait. I forgot about the Friday 13th villain's bash. Should be fun!

OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 06:18 AM   #33
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
LOVE the Tinkerbell picture!!! Zoey has such a great expression for someone staring at her empty hands.
The new trip sounds like fun!!
It's one of our favorite magic shots. We always get a good photographer there. We had one back in 2010 whee tinkerbell is in my hand and I have Zoey and a friends daughter (similar in age) staring at it the same way! The new trip is going to be a lot of fun.... I'm going to have to do a height chart and update it over the next 120 days... As of yesterday Zoey is 39 1/4 inches without shoes on! Her keen sandals will add about 1/4"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
I think it would of taken superman to resist something like that haha. That is too funny. I'm sure it'll be an amazing trip regardless BLT can always wait. I forgot about the Friday 13th villain's bash. Should be fun!
Yes BLT can wait.... it looks like unless we buy more points or do a cash stay we will be looking at 2015 for BLT... We have a trip in Jan that we need to be cheap with points on too, because this added a lot more use... I'm so excited about the Halloween stuff, Zoey loves Halloween so it should be great! Plus, a villains bash?! Doesn't happen often in Disney
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:52 AM   #34
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Your new plans sound like a ton of fun! And staying at Kidani!!! I love your logic that you just shaved off a month of anticipating your trip! Makes perfect sense.

Characterpalooza is awesome!! I am looking forward to hearing about the Villians Bash for Friday the 13th.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:58 AM   #35
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Found your link on my PTR and hopped on over!
teekathepony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #36
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Ok.... This trip is in complete overhaul....
Like going September 7th to the 14th and bringing the kids I felt too guilty leaving them home....
Love it! I was all set to congratulate you on your anniversary and such a romantic trip! But then how could you resist that face!? Looking forward to reading more!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #37
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Your new plans sound like a ton of fun! And staying at Kidani!!! I love your logic that you just shaved off a month of anticipating your trip! Makes perfect sense.

Characterpalooza is awesome!! I am looking forward to hearing about the Villians Bash for Friday the 13th.
I'm very excited about the villain bash I think it's a a very unique and different "limited time magic".... Oh and just so you know, I think I'm addicted to carrot cake cookies... I could easily make them and always have them in the freezer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Joining in! Found your link on my PTR and hopped on over!
I wish they had an emoticon that bowed or something, this welcome works for me though. I hate how on my iPad/phone you can't see signature links - makes PTR hopping difficult! I don't even remember how I stumbled upon yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post

Love it! I was all set to congratulate you on your anniversary and such a romantic trip! But then how could you resist that face!? Looking forward to reading more!

We will still celebrate our anniversary Just our wedding anniversary which we normally don't really celebrate. If often falls on Labor Day and we generally work holidays. Oct 6th is our dating anniversary which we celebrate (we actually got married in September to make it easier on our family's requesting time off hahaha, otherwise it would have been the Oct 6th I have such a hard time not including the kids in things, guess we aren't ready yet... However we have been throwing around the idea of bring my MIL so we could have a few date nights....
Old 05-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #38
benji2012
Mouseketeer

I don't have kids, but I can understand not leaving your little ones behind! Can't wait to hear the details of the new plans!
benji2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #39
EvanJamesMommy
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=SAT887;48315915][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Sienna"]So, my PTR has gone from signature dining, food and WINE as grown ups to hoping my oldest daughter will hit 40 inches in the next 3 months!! Is it possible? She’s a munchkin, a shrimp and teeny tiny… However, hoping that the Disney magic works and my adrenaline junkie daughter will finally be able to go on a few of her future favorites!!

Hi Sarah!
The title of your trip report caught my eye as I've encountered the same dilemma. For my son's surprise birthday trip in 2011, he so badly wanted to ride the RNRC (48" height requirement). He was just a teeny-tiny bit too short, so before our trip, I ran to the store and picked up some heel cushion shoe inserts! This worked like a charm!!! He met the height requirement and we had a blast (he also said they were very comfortable!) We still laugh about it to this day and it's one of those stories we always reminisce about. Have fun planning!
~Kelly

EvanJamesMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:47 AM   #40
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji2012 View Post
I don't have kids, but I can understand not leaving your little ones behind! Can't wait to hear the details of the new plans!
I think I'm finally done with park plans so hopefully in the next few days I will post them with ADRs and such!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanJamesMommy View Post

Hi Sarah!
The title of your trip report caught my eye as I've encountered the same dilemma. For my son's surprise birthday trip in 2011, he so badly wanted to ride the RNRC (48" height requirement). He was just a teeny-tiny bit too short, so before our trip, I ran to the store and picked up some heel cushion shoe inserts! This worked like a charm!!! He met the height requirement and we had a blast (he also said they were very comfortable!) We still laugh about it to this day and it's one of those stories we always reminisce about. Have fun planning!
~Kelly

haha the thought has crossed my mind.... However, my daughter would announce it to everyone - she is horrible in the secret department! Although I think she is going through a decent growth spurt. She was up 2x last night crying her legs hurt..... So hopefully there is a positive to me not getting any sleep....

Last edited by SAT887; 05-16-2013 at 06:26 AM. Reason: didnt quote correctly
Old 05-16-2013, 05:01 AM   #41
SAT887
DIS Veteran

So our plan is to do MNSSHP on the 10th. I've been throwing around costume ideas... So, it's September, it's going to be pretty hot and humid.... We want to avoid polyester costumes, in favor for something that's a little more comfortable.... So I have been on Etsy.... I found a Belle dress (the blue peasant dress) and a Cinderella dress (the "cleaning" dress). They are not much more than a typical costume and would be good dress up afterwards....

The Shop on Etsy is called Madeformermaids

I was think Zoey (4) would make a great Belle and Olive (2) a cute Cinderella.....

Thoughts? Opinions? Please :D

Last edited by SAT887; 05-16-2013 at 06:24 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:49 AM   #42
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I just looked up that etsy store... I'm totally squealing at every adorable dress. I basically need to borrow my friend's baby girl just to dress her up in some of those! The Belle blue dress and the Cinderella cleaning dress are absolutely adorable. Those dresses are so much nicer than so many of the polyester costumes you can buy!
teekathepony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:19 AM   #43
SAT887
DIS Veteran

ADRs

Okay, I have been so slow to post, probably because I think posting everything all at once just takes too much time…. Things have been semi chaotic here… However, it is not bad, just busy. Needless to say I am looking forward to our trip to NC in a week. It will be needed!! Also, I am days away from my 7 month window for our January trip and I am just antsy about what resort to pick!! I think I want to choose them in this order 1) BLT 2)BWV 3) WL 4)BC or OKW…. I am thinking BC would just not be worth it in January except that it is an Epcot resort…. Oh well, I am sure I will be happy with whatever I pick!

Okay, now onto ADR’s.

Our trip is 9/7 – 9/14

Saturday –
We plan on keeping it simple this day. We are staying at AKL so dinner will be at Boma! Plus we LOVE Boma, I think it is honestly the one buffet we enjoy doing time and time again. Our ADR is at 6:05pm

Sunday –
7:45am ‘Ohana breakfast, this is a first for us, we have gone to dinner many times and enjoy it and we are looking forward to breakfast. Plus, I can still try the press pot of Kona Coffee!

2:15pm we will be celebrating Zoey’s birthday at Cinderella’s Royal Table, she will have just turned 4 the week before I had a found a few ADRs later in the week, but decided against them, while this is not the greatest time I am sure we will make due, and worst case is Olive is cranky, thankfully she can be subdued by my iPhone (I have a ton of kid friendly apps that I use in those situations! )

Monday –
Artists Point. This is to celebrate our anniversary. September 4th is our 9 year wedding anniversary and October 6th is 13 years together We went for the earliest ADR of 5:45pm, we thought that it was a good time for the kids and to not intrude on the more grown up dining… I already have the girls dresses picked out for this! I had gone to the Gap and bought them during a sale and they are so pretty and adorable, now I have the perfect occasion for them!!

I know its not the greatest picture... However you get the idea! And yes, the girls will be matching...

Tuesday –
I swore I wasn’t going to try to get this ADR for the trip… I was going to do it in January when my 180 days opened up so that I wouldn’t be disappointed… So about a week after making all of our ADR’s I was looking for CRT at a better time…. Guess what I found…. Be Our Guest!!! At 5:10pm!!!! Yeah I booked it, it was fate, destiny…. It was magical; I think I was giddy on the couch while my husband was passed out sleeping… Hehe... I need to call and add Zoey’s birthday to this, she will be so excited to eat in the Beast’s castle!

Wednesday –
Tusker House pre park opening at 8:15 am!! I have never gone to AK for pre park openings… However, with us being so close to AKL I don’t think it should be very difficult.

The Garden Grill at 4:35 pm – I have not been here since 2004… It wasn’t a character meal either! I am excited, when I was young the fact that the restaurant rotated was a favorite of mine

Thursday –
We are trying Kona! Finally! However, it is not for breakfast but dinner at 6:25 pm – they have a lighting of the torches ceremony at 6ish that I hope we can catch. I also want to celebrate my husband’s birthday here which is on Sunday…. I was thinking of getting a cake made, but thought a cupcake crawl might be more fun this night!

Friday –
5pm we will be dining at the Cape May Café – this is mostly for my husband! It beat out 50’s PTC and well I guess I have to give him some say so in our trip… I guess….. However, all you can eat seafood will be a huge plus for him – and I can’t complain either

Saturday –
Boma Breakfast at 8 am…. I may make this later because we have a late flight out so the kids can sleep in more… I wanted to actually do it earlier in the trip to, but cannot seem to fit it in anywhere….

So there you have it, I plan on really getting my work out into gear when we get back to burn off all these meals! It should be fun though, and easy… I am not sure what my next post will be about… I have quite a few activities planned and also we do plan on getting quick service meals in between. The only meal we will do in the villa is breakfast for like 4 days. I really kind of don’t want to do much this vacation
Old 05-29-2013, 07:25 AM   #44
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I just looked up that etsy store... I'm totally squealing at every adorable dress. I basically need to borrow my friend's baby girl just to dress her up in some of those! The Belle blue dress and the Cinderella cleaning dress are absolutely adorable. Those dresses are so much nicer than so many of the polyester costumes you can buy!
They are adorably cute! I don't think the prices are bad either considering the cost of a Disney costume (and even the cheap Target/Walmart ones are $20...) She has an 8 week lead time so I think in the middle of June I will take the measurements and email her, that should give me 3 weeks of cushion - plus if the girls decide to grow I have a little more leeway...

You are so right about the polyester too, these will be so much more comfortable on our MNSSHP night in the FL heat.... I will have to start looking for accessories too, the blue bow for Zoey's hair will be easy, and I think I can find a cream colored bandana for Olive easily.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #45
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the BOG ADR!!!!! And that is the night you are doing the party, right? How perfect!! Is it sad that I am probably as excited as Zoey to celebrate my birthday at Disney?! Your ADRs sound great and almost all of them are on my list. DH doesnt like seafood at all so Cape May is out for us.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvc, kidani village, mnsshp

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: