|11-30-2013, 07:34 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Just Back - Our FP+ and Magic Band Experience
I've edited/deleted most of my original post as it was hugely detailed but having now seen other people's reports from the last few weeks I realise it didn't really add anything new. We spent two weeks at WDW 12-26 November using Magic Bands and FP+.
1. Bands were convenient, very few glitches and all were easily rectified without any visits to Guest Relations. Most glitches that did happen for some reason seemed to happen at MK.
2. FP+ was great for the majority of the trip - resulted in a slower pace around the parks for us, the convenience of knowing that rides like TSMM were guaranteed and was for the most part very flexible.
3. It was cool having CMs greet us by name at FP entrances.
1. Even in the slower part of the trip, lines for both FP and Standby were noticeably longer.
2. FP+, particularly the tiered options, does not appear to have any beneficial effect in Epcot - lines seem longer, FPs were running out early in the day and we felt we were limited to a single ride on Soarin.
3. While it was great when the parks were quiet, once the crowds arrived for Thanksgiving week FP+ felt VERY restrictive. Three FPs, and being limited to one park when the park hours are extended, did not feel enough. Much more difficult to get what you want done once standby lines are hitting sixty minutes and over.
Overall we enjoyed the experience and found that the app was easy enough to use in the parks (though more glitches when the parks were busier). Increased FP numbers and extended to cover park hopping would improve the system a lot. So really what everyone has been saying!
March 2008 - off property
October 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2010 - Hotel Santa Fe, DLRP
September 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - Art of Animation
Last edited by MissStitch626; 11-30-2013 at 08:18 PM.
|11-30-2013, 11:21 PM||#3|
Theme Parks Co-Moderator
Oh, I'm detecting nuttiness.
Join Date: Sep 2006
Per the Looking for the Live Report and Just Back Threads? sticky thread, I have moved this to the Disney Trip Reports board.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|