Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 05:50 AM   #1
sephorachick
DIS Veteran
 
sephorachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Charles Town,WV
Posts: 3,057

Favorite Cast Member Moment?

Has a cast member gone above & beyond for you & your family while your visit? Please share with us.

Please look at my $50 disney gift card giveaway for my blog. I will be randomly selecting a winner next weekend.

http://yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blo...ouncement.html
__________________
Kate WDWCP Spring 99-Spring 00

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Disney's Beignet review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:19 AM   #2
Paradise18
DIS Veteran
 
Paradise18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 780

The one that stands out in my mind was from our trip in 2009. We were going to Chef Mickey's for a breakfast ADR. When we were getting off our bus at MK I asked the bus driver if she could point us in the direction for the monorail. She asked me if we were going to Chef Mickey's and when I said yes, she told us to stay on the bus and she would take us there. We were the only people on the bus and she drove us to the Contemporary. She pulled up close to a door, told us where to get the elevator and told us to have a great breakfast. We thanked her several times for going out of her way. I would have taken the time to send a letter for the great customer service, but DH and I were concerned maybe we would get her in trouble for doing something she wasn't supposed to. A few trips to WDW later, and reading about these types of things here on the Disboards I now know that CMs have some latitude to spread some pixie dust.
__________________
Paradise18 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-15-2013, 06:47 AM   #3
LaurenT
DIS Veteran
 
LaurenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 6,736

We always come home with memories of great CMs....but there's one that will always be far and away the best.
A few years ago, DD must have been 6 or 7, we were having dinner at AKL but staying at Beach Club. After dinner, I took DD to the bathroom and then we went to catch the Epcot bus. We were going to stroll through Epcot and work our way back through the International Gate to our resort. When we got to the bus stop, DD suddenly had to go to the bathroom very badly. I rushed her back in, interrupted the people at the check in desk apologetically to ask where the closest bathroom was. Got her there just in the nic of time.
Crisis averted, we boarded the bus the Epcot. When we got off the bus......yes.....DD desperately had to pee again! OMG, she just went...twice! So, I walked her as quickly as possible toward the bathroom. We counted, we sat for a sec....we got into the bathroom, into a stall....and she lost control. Everything got soaked. Her pants, panties, socks, sneakers.....ugh. Turns out she wasn't really emptying her bladder because she was afraid of the automatic flush!
Now we had to walk all the way through Epcot with my DD soaked in urine. While I was talking to her about why this happened, a voice came from beyond the stall - asking if she could help. It's been a few years, but I'm pretty sure her name was Kristen.
I went out of the stall to answer her. She was the CM attending the restroom.
Thanks, but I don't really think there's anything you can do....
She said, well, can I bring you some fresh clothes? Really? You can do that?
She got on her radio and called in for clothes.
Then she brought out a towel to wash DD up, a stool for her to sit on in the stall, which she covered with clean towels....
Quite a while went by, she went to check on things a couple of times. Finally she left and came back with a pair of WDW sweatpants, a pack of tinker bell panties and a pair of Disney crocs....all way too big for DD, but it did the trick just fine...we just tied the drawstring as tight as we could.
I thanked her profusely and asked where I should go to pay for the clothes. "oh....we don't want you to pay - I'm just sorry it took so long!"
DD is wearing those sweatpants to school today! The clothes fit her perfectly now. Every time she puts them on, I am reminded of how awesome the CMs at Disney are....not for the free stuff (though that was great), but for the genuine care they showed for my DD and me.
I wrote a letter for her and we saw her again on our next visit, this time inside the park. She said she remembered us and that the letter did find it's way to her supervisor.
__________________
Lauren DH DD



Just me and the mouse! Nov 2014 POFQ
Mommy and Me trip! April 2015 offsite
The Whole Gang Aug 2015 AKL
LaurenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:57 AM   #4
sephorachick
DIS Veteran
 
sephorachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Charles Town,WV
Posts: 3,057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise18 View Post
The one that stands out in my mind was from our trip in 2009. We were going to Chef Mickey's for a breakfast ADR. When we were getting off our bus at MK I asked the bus driver if she could point us in the direction for the monorail. She asked me if we were going to Chef Mickey's and when I said yes, she told us to stay on the bus and she would take us there. We were the only people on the bus and she drove us to the Contemporary. She pulled up close to a door, told us where to get the elevator and told us to have a great breakfast. We thanked her several times for going out of her way. I would have taken the time to send a letter for the great customer service, but DH and I were concerned maybe we would get her in trouble for doing something she wasn't supposed to. A few trips to WDW later, and reading about these types of things here on the Disboards I now know that CMs have some latitude to spread some pixie dust.
That is awesome!
__________________
Kate WDWCP Spring 99-Spring 00

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Disney's Beignet review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #5
sephorachick
DIS Veteran
 
sephorachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Charles Town,WV
Posts: 3,057

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenT View Post
We always come home with memories of great CMs....but there's one that will always be far and away the best.
A few years ago, DD must have been 6 or 7, we were having dinner at AKL but staying at Beach Club. After dinner, I took DD to the bathroom and then we went to catch the Epcot bus. We were going to stroll through Epcot and work our way back through the International Gate to our resort. When we got to the bus stop, DD suddenly had to go to the bathroom very badly. I rushed her back in, interrupted the people at the check in desk apologetically to ask where the closest bathroom was. Got her there just in the nic of time.
Crisis averted, we boarded the bus the Epcot. When we got off the bus......yes.....DD desperately had to pee again! OMG, she just went...twice! So, I walked her as quickly as possible toward the bathroom. We counted, we sat for a sec....we got into the bathroom, into a stall....and she lost control. Everything got soaked. Her pants, panties, socks, sneakers.....ugh. Turns out she wasn't really emptying her bladder because she was afraid of the automatic flush!
Now we had to walk all the way through Epcot with my DD soaked in urine. While I was talking to her about why this happened, a voice came from beyond the stall - asking if she could help. It's been a few years, but I'm pretty sure her name was Kristen.
I went out of the stall to answer her. She was the CM attending the restroom.
Thanks, but I don't really think there's anything you can do....
She said, well, can I bring you some fresh clothes? Really? You can do that?
She got on her radio and called in for clothes.
Then she brought out a towel to wash DD up, a stool for her to sit on in the stall, which she covered with clean towels....
Quite a while went by, she went to check on things a couple of times. Finally she left and came back with a pair of WDW sweatpants, a pack of tinker bell panties and a pair of Disney crocs....all way too big for DD, but it did the trick just fine...we just tied the drawstring as tight as we could.
I thanked her profusely and asked where I should go to pay for the clothes. "oh....we don't want you to pay - I'm just sorry it took so long!"
DD is wearing those sweatpants to school today! The clothes fit her perfectly now. Every time she puts them on, I am reminded of how awesome the CMs at Disney are....not for the free stuff (though that was great), but for the genuine care they showed for my DD and me.
I wrote a letter for her and we saw her again on our next visit, this time inside the park. She said she remembered us and that the letter did find it's way to her supervisor.
Awwwwww I love to hear things like this!
__________________
Kate WDWCP Spring 99-Spring 00

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Disney's Beignet review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #6
3girls4me05
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 657

It was our first trip as a family to WDW. Our oldest was four and was a bit afraid of characters. But we had prepped her for the trip and it was with a large group of extended family. We arrived at MK and we were all happily heading to Fantasyland when who should we stumble across but the Queen of Hearts. Disaster! My 4 yr old freaked out and started crying. I tried to calm her down and we stopped to buy an ice cream. We were the last customers of the day as it was closing. My DD just wanted to eat her ice cream hiding on the ground in the corner of their porch area. I sat by the entrance so she couldn't leave and left her be (she just wanted to be alone). Shortly I realized that I could hear someone talking to her! Who? No one was there and no one passed me to get on the porch. I peeked around the corner to find the CM from the ice cream shop had come out the side door. He was sitting on the ground quietly talking to my DD. He was telling her that the Queen was actually a good friend of hers and she only pretended to be mean, she was actually quiet nice. Finally he told her that if she stopped crying that he would give her any pin she wanted from his lanyard. Sure enough, tears were dried and she was happy again. This also started her on her pin collection! I always regret that I didn't get his name. He really did help save the start of a magical vacation.
__________________
Kat
April 10-17, 2013 Boardwalk.
2/14-2/15/2010
Previous trips
8/29-8/30/08-ASSp
8/21-8/29/08-ASMu
4/02-CSR
6/89-FW (trailers back then)
3girls4me05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #7
sephorachick
DIS Veteran
 
sephorachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Charles Town,WV
Posts: 3,057

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3girls4me05 View Post
It was our first trip as a family to WDW. Our oldest was four and was a bit afraid of characters. But we had prepped her for the trip and it was with a large group of extended family. We arrived at MK and we were all happily heading to Fantasyland when who should we stumble across but the Queen of Hearts. Disaster! My 4 yr old freaked out and started crying. I tried to calm her down and we stopped to buy an ice cream. We were the last customers of the day as it was closing. My DD just wanted to eat her ice cream hiding on the ground in the corner of their porch area. I sat by the entrance so she couldn't leave and left her be (she just wanted to be alone). Shortly I realized that I could hear someone talking to her! Who? No one was there and no one passed me to get on the porch. I peeked around the corner to find the CM from the ice cream shop had come out the side door. He was sitting on the ground quietly talking to my DD. He was telling her that the Queen was actually a good friend of hers and she only pretended to be mean, she was actually quiet nice. Finally he told her that if she stopped crying that he would give her any pin she wanted from his lanyard. Sure enough, tears were dried and she was happy again. This also started her on her pin collection! I always regret that I didn't get his name. He really did help save the start of a magical vacation.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
__________________
Kate WDWCP Spring 99-Spring 00

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Disney's Beignet review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #8
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!
 
JennaDeeDooDah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,681

December 9, 2012. I was dining at Akershus with my husband, daughter (age 2), mother, father, and grandmother. My daughter is absolutely obsessed with Snow White. I mean obsessed. We can't even mention another princess without her reminding us that she is friends with Snow White. All day we were talking about how she was going to get to dine with the princesses and all she could talk about all day was how she was going to finally meet Snow White. She told anyone and everyone that she was going to meet Snow White. She was very excited.

So supper time comes, we check in, and head to get our picture made with Belle. Now, it might be pertinent to tell you that my daughter has a speech delay. That, coupled with her shyness means that she rarely speaks and when she does, it can be very difficult to understand her. She had nothing to say to Belle as she was just too shy. No big surprise, though, and Belle was very sweet and understanding. It was then time to eat and have the princesses come around to meet us. Cinderella was first and my daughter was still not really interested in talking to her. She would cling to me whenever Cinderella would try to talk to her. Cinderella left and my daughter starts looking around the room and asking for Snow White. Well, Sleeping Beauty was up next. She was excellent with everyone but my poor daughter was still too shy to speak. Aurora went on her way and my daughter was back to asking for Snow White. Well, guess who appeared next?

Snow White is walking towards our table and my daughter just goes nuts. She is jumping up and down in her high chair and giggling and squealing with delight. Snow White gets to us and my daughter is frozen. She is just staring at Snow White with this goofy open-mouthed grin. Snow White tried so hard, but my poor daughter was so star struck that she couldn't speak. Eventually, Snow White had to move on. Her leaving snapped my daughter out of it and she was heartbroken. She kept asking for Snow White to come back. It broke our hearts to see how sad she was.

Then Ariel, or, as my family has come to know her - the miracle worker, came to our table. Just like with Cinderella and Aurora, my daughter was too shy. Ariel didn't give up. she talked about her shy friends and "coming out of their shells". She was fantastic and would you believe it? My daughter started talking and laughing with her. We were thrilled. They were so cute talking to one another. Then it was time for Ariel to move on. When she left, my daughter went right back to asking for Snow White. Ariel came back rather alarmed and asked if Snow White had missed our table. We explained everything to her about her shyness and how she didn't speak to anyone except Ariel. Ariel said she'd see if she could get Snow White to come back. Snow White did. Second verse, same as the first. Goofy grin but no words.

The time for the princess parade came. Ariel surprised all of us by coming to our table and asking my daughter to be her partner in the parade. She took DD by the hand and lead her around the room. But then, at the end of the parade, she didn't bring her back to our table. Instead, she took our daughter straight to Snow White. Ariel was able to get our daughter to speak, so she was going to see if she could get her to speak to Snow White. You know what? She was. I had tears as I saw my daughter in a little corner with Snow White and Ariel just having a wonderful time.

My daughter still talks about meeting Snow White and how she is her favorite princess, but from that day on, I have to say that I love Ariel.
__________________


*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR Royal Guest Room* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR Royal Guest Room*


JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #9
theEncode
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
December 9, 2012. I was dining at Akershus with my husband, daughter (age 2), mother, father, and grandmother. My daughter is absolutely obsessed with Snow White. I mean obsessed. We can't even mention another princess without her reminding us that she is friends with Snow White. All day we were talking about how she was going to get to dine with the princesses and all she could talk about all day was how she was going to finally meet Snow White. She told anyone and everyone that she was going to meet Snow White. She was very excited.

So supper time comes, we check in, and head to get our picture made with Belle. Now, it might be pertinent to tell you that my daughter has a speech delay. That, coupled with her shyness means that she rarely speaks and when she does, it can be very difficult to understand her. She had nothing to say to Belle as she was just too shy. No big surprise, though, and Belle was very sweet and understanding. It was then time to eat and have the princesses come around to meet us. Cinderella was first and my daughter was still not really interested in talking to her. She would cling to me whenever Cinderella would try to talk to her. Cinderella left and my daughter starts looking around the room and asking for Snow White. Well, Sleeping Beauty was up next. She was excellent with everyone but my poor daughter was still too shy to speak. Aurora went on her way and my daughter was back to asking for Snow White. Well, guess who appeared next?

Snow White is walking towards our table and my daughter just goes nuts. She is jumping up and down in her high chair and giggling and squealing with delight. Snow White gets to us and my daughter is frozen. She is just staring at Snow White with this goofy open-mouthed grin. Snow White tried so hard, but my poor daughter was so star struck that she couldn't speak. Eventually, Snow White had to move on. Her leaving snapped my daughter out of it and she was heartbroken. She kept asking for Snow White to come back. It broke our hearts to see how sad she was.

Then Ariel, or, as my family has come to know her - the miracle worker, came to our table. Just like with Cinderella and Aurora, my daughter was too shy. Ariel didn't give up. she talked about her shy friends and "coming out of their shells". She was fantastic and would you believe it? My daughter started talking and laughing with her. We were thrilled. They were so cute talking to one another. Then it was time for Ariel to move on. When she left, my daughter went right back to asking for Snow White. Ariel came back rather alarmed and asked if Snow White had missed our table. We explained everything to her about her shyness and how she didn't speak to anyone except Ariel. Ariel said she'd see if she could get Snow White to come back. Snow White did. Second verse, same as the first. Goofy grin but no words.

The time for the princess parade came. Ariel surprised all of us by coming to our table and asking my daughter to be her partner in the parade. She took DD by the hand and lead her around the room. But then, at the end of the parade, she didn't bring her back to our table. Instead, she took our daughter straight to Snow White. Ariel was able to get our daughter to speak, so she was going to see if she could get her to speak to Snow White. You know what? She was. I had tears as I saw my daughter in a little corner with Snow White and Ariel just having a wonderful time.

My daughter still talks about meeting Snow White and how she is her favorite princess, but from that day on, I have to say that I love Ariel.
I seriously just had tears come to my eyes after reading this! Such a great story and I am sure your daughter will remember this moment forever!!!
__________________
theEncode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #10
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda
 
FlightlessDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 11,726

We always felt kind of iffy around face characters (Princesses). The people we interacted with seemed to be a little cold.

When we were Family of the Day in 2010, we have an amazing experience with Snow White, Tiana, and Naveen. They were stayed in character but were so incredibly friendly and funny. At one point, because the train pulled out of Toon Town, a squirrel starting coming up close to the train in the station. Snow White talked to the squirrel, warned it that we were about to pull out, and it left.

When we walked by Snow White a little later in the morning, she took the time to wave at us and say I. And the same thing happened when Mickey went by us on his float during Main Street Electrical Parade.
__________________
FlightlessDuck
DH of MouseEarsJenny

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #11
sephorachick
DIS Veteran
 
sephorachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Charles Town,WV
Posts: 3,057

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
December 9, 2012. I was dining at Akershus with my husband, daughter (age 2), mother, father, and grandmother. My daughter is absolutely obsessed with Snow White. I mean obsessed. We can't even mention another princess without her reminding us that she is friends with Snow White. All day we were talking about how she was going to get to dine with the princesses and all she could talk about all day was how she was going to finally meet Snow White. She told anyone and everyone that she was going to meet Snow White. She was very excited.

So supper time comes, we check in, and head to get our picture made with Belle. Now, it might be pertinent to tell you that my daughter has a speech delay. That, coupled with her shyness means that she rarely speaks and when she does, it can be very difficult to understand her. She had nothing to say to Belle as she was just too shy. No big surprise, though, and Belle was very sweet and understanding. It was then time to eat and have the princesses come around to meet us. Cinderella was first and my daughter was still not really interested in talking to her. She would cling to me whenever Cinderella would try to talk to her. Cinderella left and my daughter starts looking around the room and asking for Snow White. Well, Sleeping Beauty was up next. She was excellent with everyone but my poor daughter was still too shy to speak. Aurora went on her way and my daughter was back to asking for Snow White. Well, guess who appeared next?

Snow White is walking towards our table and my daughter just goes nuts. She is jumping up and down in her high chair and giggling and squealing with delight. Snow White gets to us and my daughter is frozen. She is just staring at Snow White with this goofy open-mouthed grin. Snow White tried so hard, but my poor daughter was so star struck that she couldn't speak. Eventually, Snow White had to move on. Her leaving snapped my daughter out of it and she was heartbroken. She kept asking for Snow White to come back. It broke our hearts to see how sad she was.

Then Ariel, or, as my family has come to know her - the miracle worker, came to our table. Just like with Cinderella and Aurora, my daughter was too shy. Ariel didn't give up. she talked about her shy friends and "coming out of their shells". She was fantastic and would you believe it? My daughter started talking and laughing with her. We were thrilled. They were so cute talking to one another. Then it was time for Ariel to move on. When she left, my daughter went right back to asking for Snow White. Ariel came back rather alarmed and asked if Snow White had missed our table. We explained everything to her about her shyness and how she didn't speak to anyone except Ariel. Ariel said she'd see if she could get Snow White to come back. Snow White did. Second verse, same as the first. Goofy grin but no words.

The time for the princess parade came. Ariel surprised all of us by coming to our table and asking my daughter to be her partner in the parade. She took DD by the hand and lead her around the room. But then, at the end of the parade, she didn't bring her back to our table. Instead, she took our daughter straight to Snow White. Ariel was able to get our daughter to speak, so she was going to see if she could get her to speak to Snow White. You know what? She was. I had tears as I saw my daughter in a little corner with Snow White and Ariel just having a wonderful time.

My daughter still talks about meeting Snow White and how she is her favorite princess, but from that day on, I have to say that I love Ariel.
OMG this is so cute! What a great memory
__________________
Kate WDWCP Spring 99-Spring 00

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Disney's Beignet review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #12
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!
 
JennaDeeDooDah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,681

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEncode View Post
I seriously just had tears come to my eyes after reading this! Such a great story and I am sure your daughter will remember this moment forever!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sephorachick View Post
OMG this is so cute! What a great memory
It is a fantastic memory and we have pictures that we show her all the time to try and help her remember. It's funny because in her mind, Snow White was the hero in the story. To the rest of my family, though, well all know that Ariel was a very special little fish that day.
__________________


*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR Royal Guest Room* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR Royal Guest Room*


JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #13
revdon64
Mouseketeer
 
revdon64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 331

We had a great experience with Tiana and Naveen as well. DW and I are foster parents who have adopted two former foster kids. DD7 is African American and DS3 is half Latino. Anyway, on our last rip (May 2011) DD was doing the princess thing on one of our MK days. Of course this bored DS to distraction. When we came to meeting Tiana and Naveen DD was naturally excited. So while she's talking with Tiana, Naveen comes over to DS in his stroller and engages him. Now at the time my son was only 16months and couldn't really talk well. Nonetheless, Naveen persists and completely enthralls the boy. At the same time Tiana has entranced my daughter so effectively that she now wants to exchange her Aurora dress for Tiana. Made for some magical pics and great memories.
__________________


revdon64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #14
cemeb4dk
Mouseketeer
 
cemeb4dk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Aurora, IL.
Posts: 432

One that always sticks out to my wife and I and at the time our 2 year old daughter.

It was Thanksgiving week 2008, my daughter was 2 1/2 at the time, and we had been making our rounds thru all the usual Disney Princess meet and greets and dinners. The one particular night, we went to 1900 park fare and as the step sister made their rounds Anastasia came around and started chatting up my daughter, and like most usual 3 year olds she was in awe and a bit shy, but they really got along and what seemed like a connection (after reviewing the situation) they talked laughed and joked around, and then she continued on to the next table. Then when it was time for them all to dance around and what not, Anastasia came back to our table grabbed our daughter and the two of them and Drizella laughed and danced and did their routine. Upon leaving that dinner my wife and I thought we just experienced some special Disney magic that night, and my daughter was wanting an Anastasia dress. About 2 nights later we did MVMCP, and we had came up to the area by Ariels grotto where they had the DJ and the dance party going on, and Chip and Dale where there dancing with the kids. Now my daughter being 3 kind of bopped around right in front of us, but not going into the middle of the floor or anything. So Chip and Dale leave and who comes out next is the Evil Step sisters and the Stepmom. Right away my wife and I notice its the same Anastasia, (not really thinking anything of it, cuz we realize she she's thousands of kids a day) after a few minutes and her moving around the dance floor, she notices my daughter, and points and screams, grab Drizella and come over and take my daughter by the hand and pull her into the group and dance away with her. We have the entire thing on video. So after their alotted time they left and Chip and Dale returned. Now being touched by the Disney magic, I went over to the castmember that watches over the characters, and asked if they knew if the sisters would return. She said yes in like 10 minutes, so we kind of hung out in that general area as my daughter still danced. As I noticed them coming out from backstage, I went up to her and thanked her as she not only made our trip but our daughters. She was very receptive. We did stop at member services the next morning and filled out a comment/ positive experience card. I only hope she got some recognition from our card. Once we returned I posted about it here and posted a pic, and someone replied they had known her and said I could email her a thankyou letter and she would forward it on to the cast member. I only can hope she did receive it.

Last edited by cemeb4dk; 03-15-2013 at 10:42 AM.
cemeb4dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #15
snipe523
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 26

Mine has to be my son's first birthday at MK. We were sitting on main street waiting for the parade to start. My son was in his stroller with his birthday button on. A CM came along main street and noticed that it was his birthday. He asked my wife if she would pick up my son and bring him out into the middle of main street with him. The CM then proceeded to have all of the people in the crowd sing happy birthday to my son. This is something I will never forget, and was so grateful for the CM creating this great memory for us.
snipe523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.