DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #1
nkosiek
Mouseketeer

Looking Resale but also on Wait List Question

My wife and I are going to take the plunge and want to go with resale, but she also wants to get on the waitlist because then we'd be almost guaranteed something where we want to buy.

That said, when talking yesterday we were wondering if when Disney goes through their ROFR process, whether or not they were likely looking not just at the selling price, but also the name of the buyer so that they could compare to see whether or not they were on the Wait List. In other words, would being on the Wait List make us more likely to be ROFR'ed so that they could then turn around and offer us those points at their cost?

Also, if we go on the Wait List but do get one through ROFR are we locked in to buying or can we take our name off?

Thanks gang for any insight.
nkosiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #2
zippingalong
Mouseketeer

I'm currently in ROFR for a very inexpensive HHI contract. We already own 4 contracts there...Anyway, we'd thought we wanted a smaller number of points, but couldn't find the points in the right UY, and with closing costs...So we went on a WL. Well, as we sat on the list, we found a contract with our UY...more points than we planned but not too many. I made an offer of $41 per and it was accepted.

So, we're in ROFR and remain on the WL (I have a gut feeling this will be bought back)

I'll let you know if my feelings were correct.
zippingalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
zippingalong
Mouseketeer

My feelings were correct. Disney bought my contract back today.
zippingalong is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: