Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
kingken
LOVEFLORIDA

pbh redecoration

doea anyone know if the rececoration at pbh has finished, were there august 17th, thanks
kingken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #2
scratchboat
Earning My Ears

I spoke to a Universal Reservation agent today about renovations at the Portofino Bay Resort and the agent said that work on the exterior is on-going.

In my case she said the "Deluxe 2-Queen Room" I was looking to reserve would be newly refurbished, but that "... the view outside my window might be 'different' due to the work going at the resort".

I didn't think to ask what that would mean for noise & vibration, but I should have! Anyone been there lately who can report on how extensive or intrusive the renovations are to hotel guests?
scratchboat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #3
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Weird. I thought the exterior renovations were all done. Hmmmm.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #4
scratchboat
Earning My Ears

Well the room description for the booking code describes the room as:
Deluxe 2 Queen Room

Elegantly appointed Deluxe Rooms offer an even larger living space at 490 square feet, plus a stylish and roomy bathroom featuring a separate tub and shower. Features two queen beds, marble accents and elegant furnishings from Italy. In addition to the extra comfort, you'll enjoy a view of the serene Villa Pool and surrounding gardens or the dramatic Roman aqueduct-styled Beach Pool.

So could the renovations still be ongoing in this area of the resort only? Anyone know why Loews would be offering discounted rates on rooms with these views only?

BTW I learned of this special room upgrade for Annual Pass Holders here:
http://emailassets.nbcuni.com/univer...L_webview.html
Old 03-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #5
nhrenee
Oh, meow!!

Has anyone been able to snag AP deal Scratchboat linked to? I put in a variety of dates and they all said not available.
nhrenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #6
scratchboat
Earning My Ears

OK - I think the issue you're having with checking dates for the PBH Double Room Upgrade is that the link from Universal site is pasting the code incorrectly. The code should simply be "APHPDD". I notice that the Promotion code listed in the left margin of the Loews Hotel site has extraneous characters entered after the code. Try shortening the code and searching for your dates again ...
Old 03-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #7
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchboat View Post
OK - I think the issue you're having with checking dates for the PBH Double Room Upgrade is that the link from Universal site is pasting the code incorrectly. The code should simply be "APHPDD". I notice that the Promotion code listed in the left margin of the Loews Hotel site has extraneous characters entered after the code. Try shortening the code and searching for your dates again ...
That code works.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #8
DryCreek
Peter Pan (never grows up)

Well, we'll be there in May. I hope that the view (garden view) is pleasant enough. I also hope that we can get a standard King room upgrade from our Standard Two-Queen room already booked. I am used to a king-sized bed. I know, I am spoiled - but I'll be on vacation, shouldn't they spoil me too?
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #9
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
Well, we'll be there in May. I hope that the view (garden view) is pleasant enough. I also hope that we can get a standard King room upgrade from our Standard Two-Queen room already booked. I am used to a king-sized bed. I know, I am spoiled - but I'll be on vacation, shouldn't they spoil me too?
That isn't even an upgrade. It wouldn't cost any more. There just must not be any King rooms available. Often, when there is a conference going on, they book up all the king rooms.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #10
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
That isn't even an upgrade. It wouldn't cost any more. There just must not be any King rooms available. Often, when there is a conference going on, they book up all the king rooms.
If you are going around May 13th there is a SAP conference going on in town that has most the hotels booked and I know that PBH is on the list of rooms you can select.

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #11
nhrenee
Oh, meow!!

Quote:
Thanks!!
nhrenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:38 AM   #12
cieslack
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well the room description for the booking code describes the room as:
Deluxe 2 Queen Room

Elegantly appointed Deluxe Rooms offer an even larger living space at 490 square feet, plus a stylish and roomy bathroom featuring a separate tub and shower. Features two queen beds, marble accents and elegant furnishings from Italy. In addition to the extra comfort, you'll enjoy a view of the serene Villa Pool and surrounding gardens or the dramatic Roman aqueduct-styled Beach Pool.

So could the renovations still be ongoing in this area of the resort only? Anyone know why Loews would be offering discounted rates on rooms with these views only?

BTW I learned of this special room upgrade for Annual Pass Holders here:
http://emailassets.nbcuni.com/univer...L_webview.html
What am I missing? What are you seeing with this code? I simply see SMSM rates. I know it's me, I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.
cieslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #13
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by cieslack View Post
What am I missing? What are you seeing with this code? I simply see SMSM rates. I know it's me, I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.
The code probably doesn't work for all dates. What dates are you checking?

When it does work, it says that it is an AP rate with upgraded room.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #14
cieslack
Mouseketeer

Once again, you are right, Damo. I checked different dates and found the upgrade special rates. Thanks again.
cieslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #15
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Just an update: According to the resort and another source , the refurb/redecorating at PBH is completed finally.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: