Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
Prince Eric's Mom
Earning My Ears

So dissapointed in Photopass

Just returned from the World. We've been several times and always used Photopass for family shots and magical moments. In the past I've had a hard time narrowing down my choices. Just looked at my pics from this trip and they are terrible almost across the board. Dark shots, overexposed shots, missing shots. I realize it's a 'free' service until you purchase, but I would be calling to demand a refund if I had prepurchased a cd! We did Enchanted Tales and my son was the Beast and his picture with Belle isn't even on the card. Are you kidding? I I have a card full of other people's kids and mine's nowhere to be found. So my tip? Don't count of Photopass. Take as many of your own as possible or you may get home and regret it like I do!!!!!
Prince Eric's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
FlipHipster
Blackbelt in Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts

We had a similar problem in December. We ended up with photopass cards that had no pictures on them. Unfortunately they were they ones we were looking foward to the most. I assumed something happened when they took the picture and scanned the card. Not sure how you can verify you have pics before you walk away but that would be nice.
FlipHipster is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #3
jrhwmr
Mouseketeer

I purchased photopass + and we are missing all the pictures from Belle. It says they were added to our account but there is nothing there. I had 4 members of my family selected as part if the story and no pictures to show for it
jrhwmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #4
nugov2
DIS Veteran

How horrible I will make sure I get lots of my own pics too. Just in case.
nugov2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #5
ellemenohpee
Earning My Ears

I'm so sorry that happened to you. I would generally only get PhotoPass for certain shots (group shot in front of the castle at night, for example), but after a few times of not so great pics, I either double up on the Photo Pass photographer, like in the case of Jedi Training, or I adjust my camera settings and have the photographer use my camera if I want to be in the pic. Sometimes they get a shot I've missed, which is great, but at least I'm covered.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #6
jamala
Mouseketeer

We did photopass + this trip and I was upset too, lots of missing pics and the quality was not good.
jamala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #7
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Have you contacted PhotoPass about the missing pictures?
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #8
smrand
Earning My Ears

You can check your photopass card before you leave and make sure all the pictures are there. We also had missing photos with Belle but I called and they were able to find them for us. I had taken pictures with my own camera so I knew the exact time we were there. It took them a day but they found the pictures. We were very happy with Photopass+. It was our 4 year olds first trip and we had several character meals, the Luau, breakfast at 'Ohana, etc. it was great to get all those pictures too.
smrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #9
Kay2397
Mouseketeer

Call photopass guest services. Our ETWB pics were also lost but recovered. It only took her 5 minutes to find them and they were on my account within 20.
Kay2397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #10
FlipHipster
Blackbelt in Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay2397 View Post
Call photopass guest services. Our ETWB pics were also lost but recovered. It only took her 5 minutes to find them and they were on my account within 20.
That's awesome. Even though we lost a few pics last trip, we plan to use them more than we have in the past for group shots and things like that. I figure we will just have to be more diligent about making sure the shots we really want don't get lost.

Very cool that they were able to recover your pics so quickly.
FlipHipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #11
SpartanMommy
Mouseketeer

How horrible! Can you edit the photos at all?
SpartanMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #12
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhwmr View Post
I purchased photopass + and we are missing all the pictures from Belle. It says they were added to our account but there is nothing there. I had 4 members of my family selected as part if the story and no pictures to show for it
Do you still have the separate Belle photopass card? You can add that to your photopass + number.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #13
Prince Eric's Mom
Earning My Ears

I did contact Photopass. Sadly ours were not recovered. They apologized and said they have been having trouble with their cameras and it was most likely due to a technical error. Ok, so maybe mention that before the show starts????
Prince Eric's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #14
myzel
Mouseketeer

Just a note, the PP people will take a picture with your camera as well if you ask them.
myzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #15
VanellopeVonSchweetz
Earning My Ears

How sad! Sorry to hear! But thanks for sharing your experience! Every time we go somewhere I work myself up trying to get good pics, thought I'd take it easy this time. Maybe not now!

VanellopeVonSchweetz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: