DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
babesboo99
Veteren Disney Vacationer

Should I call my guide to find out where I am on the wait list?

I see people are posting where they are on the wait list, and I was wondering should I try calling my guide and asking him where I am on the wait list ? Or do you think it depends on the guide you have that will give you the information? We have been on the list for BCV for 2 weeks now we would be 1st time buyers we wanted to buy direct as it would be easier for us and quicker.
babesboo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
WDWLayla
Earning My Ears

As you, I am also a first time buyer. I held my tongue asking my guide where I was on the list because I always got a very generic answer. When I asked him yesterday, I told him that I was getting concerned that it would take longer than I'd be willing to wait, which is when he said I was 14/15 on the list. I don't know how accurate it was as perhaps it was a means to shut me up...

I would totally recommend calling your guide. They are there to "guide" you through the process and answering questions... No matter how trivial or repetitive.
WDWLayla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
babesboo99
Veteren Disney Vacationer

You make a good point I think I will call him to find out where I am.I am just not good at waiting when I am getting excited over something
babesboo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #4
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

It doesn't matter if they tell you you're third on the list or 103rd, it gives you no idea how quickly you'll get your points. So unless the salespeople are now willing to give out wait list estimates (which I highly doubt), you're stuck just waiting for your wait list to come through.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #5
cbnsoul
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
It doesn't matter if they tell you you're third on the list or 103rd, it gives you no idea how quickly you'll get your points. So unless the salespeople are now willing to give out wait list estimates (which I highly doubt), you're stuck just waiting for your wait list to come through.
This is true but it does make you *feel* better if you know you are 3rd rather than 103rd. Use years come into play as well so there may be a long list for one use year and a very short one for another. I am on the BCV wait list for a Dec UY and was tempted to e-mail my Guide to see where I am but haven't done so (well, at least not yet!). Still not sure I'm even gonna take the points when they come through but thought I'd get on the list for now.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #6
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

It won't make you feel better when today you are 4th and next week you are told that you are 5th!

Things do happen and as posted here on the DIS, a buyer was moved up the list due to a sales issue while on a cruise.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: