Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #31
BabyCrazyKCmommy
Earning My Ears

Not to my knowledge, I am still waiting to book my Sept 10th ressies for CRT check every day just to be safe online. Guess they were right when they said Mid May
BabyCrazyKCmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #32
ArielSparrow
From Fins to Fila

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyCrazyKCmommy View Post
Finally got a call from guest services, they were very friendly, and he said that he did some investigating and actually called the general manager at CRT to find out what was going on. The Manager said that the reservations for at least the 10th maybe the other dates were on "lock down" for what ever that meant and that they would not be released till Mid MAY seriously what in the world is going on? Why wait for so long?
Okay, today I chatted with a cast member by the name of Paul, and he said that CRT is scheduled for refurbishment for 9/10-9/13.

I don't know what to do. Those are the exact days I'm going to be there. I guess I'll have to do BOG. I'm more going for atmosphere than character dining.
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #33
jmcghee2024
DIS Veteran

That's odd...they are also closed a week in May for refurbishment.
jmcghee2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #34
ArielSparrow
From Fins to Fila

Maybe the manager talking to BabyCrazy was reading the information wrong and interpreted the other refurb as being when the dates are released? I don't get any of it. I'm not giving up hope on getting those dates because Paul could be wrong. So far I've gotten a different answer from every person, out of the ones even able to provide answers. Now to prepare a Plan, B, C, and D...
Old 04-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #35
BabyCrazyKCmommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSparrow View Post
Maybe the manager talking to BabyCrazy was reading the information wrong and interpreted the other refurb as being when the dates are released? I don't get any of it. I'm not giving up hope on getting those dates because Paul could be wrong. So far I've gotten a different answer from every person, out of the ones even able to provide answers. Now to prepare a Plan, B, C, and D...
I spoke directly to a Guest Services Rep who called the gen manager of CRT for me, I believe him more than a cast memeber at this time since mousesavers said that Cinderella’s Royal Table (Magic Kingdom) closed 5/13/13-5/16/13 for refurbishment in the last email that I got sent this month.

Still holding out hope for CRT on the 10th of Sept but if not we have BOG ressies as a back up and CRT on the 14th Schedulded so it will work out for us but hoping to have CRT for MNSSHP date.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:40 AM   #36
pixidust1976
So Thankful

Just got off the phone with a CM trying to book CRT for September 4 and she told me that it is closed for refurb 9-4 thru 9-8.

Lifelong Disney fan (from inside the womb) passing the Disney magic on to my young!!!!
pixidust1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #37
gawrsh2008
Mouseketeer

I just checked the calendar for September. It's actually being refurbed 9/4 - 9/8 and 9/10 - 9/13. It will be open fully on the 14th.
gawrsh2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #38
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

Our ADR is for 9/15... it looks like we got lucky!

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 4 years)
Wendy31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #39
VeronicaB
Mouseketeer

I just cancelled a dinner reservation for 9/9 because I just couldn't make the kids do a 9:20 just to do CRT. They will have to deal with the princess breakfast at Akershus. I know, I'm mean.

Me (Disney crazed woman) DH (Just along for the ride) DS 6 DD 2
VeronicaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #40
gawrsh2008
Mouseketeer

You are NOT mean. I've actually heard from many guests that the interaction is much better at Akershus. You'll have a wonderful time!
gawrsh2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #41
saddie23
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to bump this up with info I got today...

I called to ask about dinner at CRT on 9/9. We currently have a breakfast reservation on 9/9 but want to change to dinner to coordinate with our BBB time (an afternoon reservation). She checked 9/9 and didn't find anything all day but said to keep checking back, especially the 3-4 days prior to 9/9, she said there may be cancellations.

I told her that I had been calling at my 180 mark (back in March) and was told that some dates weren't available (we really wanted breakfast on 9/7) and that now I heard that some dates were closed for refurbishment. She looked at a few days and confirmed that 9/4-9/8 are closed for refurbishment, but that it IS open on 9/9 AND 9/10, and then closed again starting 9/11. She checked all day on 9/9 and 9/10 for openings and didn't find any - but she said both of those days CRT is scheduled to be open. Just wanted to update this thread with that info because I think some of you were looking for reservations on 9/10. (Of course this could be wrong, but this is what I was told today!).

I am really hoping to change to dinner on 9/9...or change my BBB to 8am on 9/9 - I think I may have a better chance at changing the CRT reservation, but I'm wondering if it will be possible if these are the only 2 dates it is open that week, and with free dining being offered now. She did confirm that as soon as something is cancelled, it is released back into the system immediately, so to keep checking all the time.
saddie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #42
ArielSparrow
From Fins to Fila

That gave me hope but I just chatted with Diane and she said

Quote:
Alright, thank you so much for your patience! The refurbishment for Cinderella's Royal Table will begin on Wednesday September 4th, run through Saturday September 7, and begin again on September 10 through September 13; which is why you would be seeing no availability for September 10, 11 nor the 13. What will you be cerebrating during your stay?
I got a reservation for 9/20 but we're staying at a hotel further away that week, and are supposed to be at Kennedy or Universal.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #43
saddie23
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSparrow View Post
That gave me hope but I just chatted with Diane and she said

I got a reservation for 9/20 but we're staying at a hotel further away that week, and are supposed to be at Kennedy or Universal.
I'm sorry! The previous poster said they were told it is closed through 9/8 but you were just told it is closed through 9/7. And I *know* the lady I talked to this morning checked 9/10 and said it was open. So weird! This is my first time going to Disney in YEARS so this is all new to me.

But this is crazy - I was able to get my dinner reservation this afternoon. I have been checking randomly online for days for dinner on 9/9 and a 7pm reservation popped up! I was so excited - I started reserving online AND called at the same time. The online one went through before the person on the phone could find an opening - actually I probably took it myself online before she could see it. So, cancellations do come up - you just have to be checking at the right time!!

I will be cancelling our breakfast reservation (9/9 at 10am) in the next day or so - I need to review everything again and make sure I have all of the confirmation numbers and everything set. I will post in the Sept cancellations thread when I cancel it.
saddie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #44
ArielSparrow
From Fins to Fila

The best she could tell me was to check on the refurbishment status occasionally. It's a long shot but I'm hoping they finish ahead of schedule.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:01 PM   #45
BabyCrazyKCmommy
Earning My Ears

Hey everyone looking for Sept 10th check it now its wide open for CRT, they opened up breakfast and lunch earlier this week and i just checked and finally dinner times are up so I am now booked for 4pm, dinner right before MNSSHP!! WooHOo finally all things are falling in place

Good luck

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: