Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 10:41 PM   #16
karmacats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charming 68 View Post
Now that is GOOD news...I'll set a reminder for 60 days prior. Thanks RHarper
FYI, for some reason the fireworks party has been booking 30 days out instead of 60 for the last couple of months. April reservations (for the entire month of April) opened up on March 1. So, definitely check on April 1, but if the system still says no reservations, you may need to wait until May 1. I just don't want you to get discouraged if you see no availability on April 1.

Even though the dessert party is a buffet, there are servers there (they clear away plates, and also bring out specialty plates like desserts for people with allergies), so they may be able to help you with something special.

If you decide not to do the dessert party, the rose garden between the castle and tomorrowland bridge is really pretty. It can get crowded, though.
karmacats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:46 PM   #17
CristenHughes
Earning My Ears

My husband proposed in Disney in front of the castle. It wasn't during the fireworks though, he did it during the day and told the PhotoPass photographer ahead of time so the whole thing was captured in pictures. I wouldn't have changed a thing!!!
CristenHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2013, 10:48 PM   #18
Prince Charming 68
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbuzz&minnie View Post
This is probably a long shot, but...

DVC members are currently (until Dec, 2014 I think) being allowed to go to the top of Bay Lake Towers to see the fireworks. Could you plead your case to the person who mans the desk in the lobby of BLT ahead of time to see if you and your girlfriend might be allowed to go up one night?

There's a really nice view of the fireworks from the balcony, with the music and story piped in. It's a long-distance view, but still really pretty. There will be a lot of people, but it will be much easier to find a little privacy and I think would be very romantic.

Maybe in a few years, you can buy a few DVC points and take your wife and children to stay at BLT Towers!
Thanks Donald, Buzz, & Minnie, That looks like BLT is a monorail ride to the Contempoary and then a walk to BLT. Definitely worth considering. I'm sure I could plead my case and "grease" the lobby host That's another hip pocket idea for me.
Prince Charming 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #19
Prince Charming 68
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristenHughes View Post
My husband proposed in Disney in front of the castle. It wasn't during the fireworks though, he did it during the day and told the PhotoPass photographer ahead of time so the whole thing was captured in pictures. I wouldn't have changed a thing!!!
Thanks Cristen, That has crossed my mind too. that way she can see the ring sparkle in the sun all day long. I don't know if that would be too soon on the first day....she has to have some suspense.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #20
Prince Charming 68
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmacats View Post
FYI, for some reason the fireworks party has been booking 30 days out instead of 60 for the last couple of months. April reservations (for the entire month of April) opened up on March 1. So, definitely check on April 1, but if the system still says no reservations, you may need to wait until May 1. I just don't want you to get discouraged if you see no availability on April 1.

Even though the dessert party is a buffet, there are servers there (they clear away plates, and also bring out specialty plates like desserts for people with allergies), so they may be able to help you with something special.

If you decide not to do the dessert party, the rose garden between the castle and tomorrowland bridge is really pretty. It can get crowded, though.
Roger that Karmacats, I'll have that as a daily planning item until it opens up. Thanks!
Old 03-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #21
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Prince,

I think the 1st poster had the right idea.

How about the wishes cruise?

Talk about a romantic cruise with fireworks in the background and a much more private setting.

If this isn't an option, how about on the polynesian beach during wishes? A beach with fire and wishes in the background. Plus, they pump in the wishes music as well. You could easily schedule dinner at ohana and then say lets see wishes on the beach.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #22
DVCBELLE
Princess at Heart

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Thanks Donald, Buzz, & Minnie, That looks like BLT is a monorail ride to the Contempoary and then a walk to BLT. Definitely worth considering. I'm sure I could plead my case and "grease" the lobby host That's another hip pocket idea for me.
I wouldn't bet on that...I am a DVC member and before we could go in from other resorts couldn't get in.

I vote for a time when you can get it captured by the photopass guys!
Old 03-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #23
Prince Charming 68
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster View Post
Prince,

I think the 1st poster had the right idea.

How about the wishes cruise?

Talk about a romantic cruise with fireworks in the background and a much more private setting.

If this isn't an option, how about on the polynesian beach during wishes? A beach with fire and wishes in the background. Plus, they pump in the wishes music as well. You could easily schedule dinner at ohana and then say lets see wishes on the beach.
Thanks FFL, the dinner and a beach fire sounds most romantic so far. Is it a sandy beach at the Polynesian or a grassy lake side? (just in case with my luck... drop the ring). I haven't ruled out the Wishes cruise...just getting GREAT ideas from everyone.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:29 AM   #24
tyzzle
Mouseketeer

http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/...y-world/detail

They have an engagement section on their wedding planning site. Good luck however you choose...I am sure she will find it very romantic. Disney is very magical

Me Hubby Delilah(5) Delores (2)
tyzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:32 AM   #25
AuroraRora
Princess

I think proposing at Magic Kingdom is SO romantic, it's my dream for that to happen to me!! It's so great how you're putting in the effort to make it so special for your lady too

The dessert party could definitely be a great way to do it - I like the ideas for the cruise and viewing points outside MK too but from the POV of someone who would love something like this to happen to her, I'd find it much more romantic to be up close with the castle in the background. That said, I wouldn't recommend the fireworks based on how busy it'll be in June - you might not even have space to back up to get down on one knee without stepping on people in the dark (and during the fireworks it gets very dark) and also because it's very loud. If you were down on one knee beside her, you'd probably have to yell the proposal at her so she'd hear it over the music, and there's no way you could add on any other sweet sentences and things.

How about booking breakfast at CRT (if it's not booked up already) and then proposing before it, in front of the castle when the park is empty? I'm sure you could set up a Photopass photographer to capture it, and then you could go into the castle to have breakfast with the princesses as an engaged couple, and have the whole day at MK and the fireworks at night to enjoy it (and then the rest of your lives, of course!)

ETA: Had another thought: If you could get a booking for CRT at breakfast, you could have the server bring out something with the ring in it and you'd be proposing to her inside the castle. If you let them know in advance, they might be able to get you one of the coveted tables by the windows. I've seen plenty people on here order personalized cakes ans desserts for dinner there, perhaps they could do something similar for breakfast, like a little "Marry Me?" tiny disney wedding cake.
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:05 AM   #26
GenevieveRaqs
DIS Veteran

Try the top of the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. The view of the castle is spectacular, and while your view of Wishes would be partially obstructed by the branches, it's still a magical--and generally very private--way to view the fireworks. I think it would make for a great proposal spot away from the crowds.
GenevieveRaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #27
Prince Charming 68
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyzzle View Post
http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/...y-world/detail

They have an engagement section on their wedding planning site. Good luck however you choose...I am sure she will find it very romantic. Disney is very magical
Thanks Tyzzle, I just checked that website and that has a lot of good ideas not only for engagements but for weddings and anniversaries. I may contact a planner directly for some ideas.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #28
Prince Charming 68
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenevieveRaqs View Post
Try the top of the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. The view of the castle is spectacular, and while your view of Wishes would be partially obstructed by the branches, it's still a magical--and generally very private--way to view the fireworks. I think it would make for a great proposal spot away from the crowds.
Genevieve that is a way cool idea! I'm sure that not too many people even think about that. I would think that it would be hard to see the fireworks. I'll take your word for it and scope it out during the day.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #29
Polydweller
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks FFL, the dinner and a beach fire sounds most romantic so far. Is it a sandy beach at the Polynesian or a grassy lake side? (just in case with my luck... drop the ring). I haven't ruled out the Wishes cruise...just getting GREAT ideas from everyone.
The Poly Beach is sand with a concrete walkway in front (no worry about the ing) and grass behind and palm trees in the sand framing the castle in spots. The music is piped in and if you go a little to the east end of the Hawaii longhouse you'll be able to watch Wishes a little bit away from the main crowd. The view is one of the best if the fireworks outside of MK.

From the beach, you'll also get to see the Electric Water Pageant at about 9:00pm.

So you can have a nice dinner at the a Poly, the Electric Water Pageant and a romantic view of the fireworks and your most important moment. It would be definitely be memorable.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #30
Prince Charming 68
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
I think proposing at Magic Kingdom is SO romantic, it's my dream for that to happen to me!! It's so great how you're putting in the effort to make it so special for your lady too

The dessert party could definitely be a great way to do it - I like the ideas for the cruise and viewing points outside MK too but from the POV of someone who would love something like this to happen to her, I'd find it much more romantic to be up close with the castle in the background. That said, I wouldn't recommend the fireworks based on how busy it'll be in June - you might not even have space to back up to get down on one knee without stepping on people in the dark (and during the fireworks it gets very dark) and also because it's very loud. If you were down on one knee beside her, you'd probably have to yell the proposal at her so she'd hear it over the music, and there's no way you could add on any other sweet sentences and things.

How about booking breakfast at CRT (if it's not booked up already) and then proposing before it, in front of the castle when the park is empty? I'm sure you could set up a Photopass photographer to capture it, and then you could go into the castle to have breakfast with the princesses as an engaged couple, and have the whole day at MK and the fireworks at night to enjoy it (and then the rest of your lives, of course!)

ETA: Had another thought: If you could get a booking for CRT at breakfast, you could have the server bring out something with the ring in it and you'd be proposing to her inside the castle. If you let them know in advance, they might be able to get you one of the coveted tables by the windows. I've seen plenty people on here order personalized cakes ans desserts for dinner there, perhaps they could do something similar for breakfast, like a little "Marry Me?" tiny disney wedding cake.
Thanks Aurora Rora, Yes, the Wishes Desert buffet is a top contender and I plan on doing that even if I propose earlier in the day. I just thought that a proposal at night right before the fireworks show would be a wonderful way to top of an already memorable day.

I looked up the CRT breakfast, that looks great too. I'm just not sure breakfast is right. I did see that the CRT has a Special Engagement Dinner package...I'm going to email the planner to find out more info.

Thanks for the GREAT suggestion!!

Tags
castle, engagement, fireworks, strategy, viewing

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: