Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #1
nanay2jdr
Mouseketeer

Cant believe mod was cheaper than value with promo

I already booked AoA and now found out I save 1300 if I transfer to Port Orleans. Its because of the higher discount of 30% instead of 15%. I guess its worth saving money over visual hotel for 3DD. What do you guys think?
nanay2jdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
nanay2jdr
Mouseketeer

I am not sure if the savings is worth more than the magical experience well have at AoA resort. Its our first trip and kids are ages 3, 11, & 13. Read threads that its not ideal for first trips. Which resort be more easier for transporation since our preschooler and my son with Aspergers are not so good with waiting.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
WizardLarz
DIS Veteran

2 possiblities

1. Stay Port Orleans and Visit AoA. Plus if this is her 1st visit and you Plan to do more in the Future. Doing AoA when she is older and might remember it and apreciate it more will be a better deal. Plus after the New Resort thing wears off, maybe the price will shift to be more in line with the other Values.

2. Do a split stay with just 1 or 2 days at AoA at the End.

'88 Off Site -only two parks '00 Off Site '08 Fort Wilderness Campgrounds (Yes,I realy used a tent!) '09 Pop Century
'10 Boardwalk Villas SWW '11 Pop F&W '11 Pop Century Mars Preview '12 Pop Century(hey it's cheap) SWW '12 Pop Century (yes Again)

2010 PRT "I'm off to see the Mickey! The wonderfull cool Mouse! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2383922

WizardLarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
nanay2jdr
Mouseketeer

Never thought of those options. Those are better options. Is transportion convenience different from the two?
Old 03-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #5
amandals2007
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanay2jdr View Post
Never thought of those options. Those are better options. Is transportion convenience different from the two?
this last trip (DEC 2012) my parents and i stayed at POFQ and my aunt uncle and cousins stayed at AoA. We always stay at FQ and love the bussing, smallest resort so never a crazy bus ride and when we do share a bus with Riverside we are first on and first off. My family at AoA hated the busing. Long waits cuz the resort is so huge, and also long walks to and from the bus stop. They stayed in Ariel rooms, and no way could they be any closer. I love FQ and would reccommend it to anyone
**5 visits off premise Disney World 96-00**Disney Land-01**Off Premise WDW-02**Disney Cruise Summer-03**Off Premise WDW -Summer 04**Friends Time Share WDW-Thanksgiving 05**Port Orleans F.Q. Thanksgiving-06**P.O.F.Q-Aug 07**P.O.F.Q. August 08**DisneyLand-May 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 2010**Disney Land-June 2011**P.O.F.Q.-September 2011**Disney Land-July 2012**P.O.F.Q-December 2012**P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2013**

**Next Trip-P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2014**
amandals2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #6
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

You'll have a great vacation no matter which resort you stay at!

We haven't stayed at POR yet, but we stayed at POFQ and AoA. We enjoyed both resorts. Both have pros and cons. Our favorite thing abotu POR/POFQ is the boat to DTD. At AoA the theming is so over the top and you really feel immersed in the whole Disney feeling there. It was the first resort we stayed at, and we all loved it. To me, it feels more "Disney" then the POFQ or THV did. However, we also loved our stays at the other resorts - for different reasons. You'll have a great time!

POR definitely is a more subtle type of theming, but it is a lovely resort and does have the boat to DTD. There is also a pool slide for your 11 year old.

If you stay at AoA will it be a standard room or a suite? A suite has more space than the a standard room at POR. However, if it is a standard room vs a standard room - POR will be bigger and have queen size beds rather than the double beds in the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA. The suites (we had a Finding Nemo suite) are great because there is a separate bedroom and two bathrooms! That made it so easy to get ready to go, and to have a few minutes of adult time after the kids were sleeping.

It all really depends what you are looking for in the resort. Does the money matter as much as the theming? Is theming or transportation more important? What kind of room do you prefer? Do you prefer a highly themed pool with splash and play area, or a pool slide? Will you go to DTD and do you have boat fanatic (my son is going through a boat phase).

We did AoA for our first Disney resort (we had stayed at SoG first), and loved it! We want to try out other resorts though, which is why we stayed POFQ last December, and plan onn staying at POR next September.
Mom2six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #7
nanay2jdr
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the clear comparison. We are now leaning towards POR. Transportation and savings outweighs theming, separate rooms and larger space. Thanks for helping us decide.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:28 AM   #8
nanay2jdr
Mouseketeer

Just found a Undercover Tourist Video on Youtube for POR and it seems really nice with great amnenities.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #9
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Save the $$ and use it for other special treats. POR is very nice, has a sit down restaurant and the boat to DTD is very convenient. EPCOT is a few minutes away and the theming is very nice. It is not cartoony like AOA or the values, but you can always go visit the others. Bigger beds and double sinks to make getting out in the morning easier. We usually stay at either POR or POFQ. The kids like FQ better.

We are planning a trip back in August and will be staying at PO. Hoping for a room discount or PIN to be offered. Would be OK with free dining, but the discount would be better since we don't eat all the food.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #10
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanay2jdr View Post
I already booked AoA and now found out I save 1300 if I transfer to Port Orleans. Its because of the higher discount of 30% instead of 15%. I guess its worth saving money over visual hotel for 3DD. What do you guys think?
Did you book a suite at AoA. That could be the difference. If I remember the suite is almost as expensive as a Mod and with the discount structure, that makes sense. I would stay at POFQ. Queen beds, small resort so not too busy, easy buses and bot to DTD. Not even a comparison in our opinion.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:40 PM   #11
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran

I hate POR. The transportation is horrible - so many bus stops and the room decor and pool facilities are so boring. I loved AOA! I would switch to a LM room and stay at AOA.

My fourth and fifth trips as a Disney TA coming up soon!

bizeemom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #12
Texas Crude
Mouseketeer

If you want more theming, get the royal room at POR
Texas Crude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #13
Meekogsd
Mouseketeer

mod at 30% off? I thought they were 20%
Old 04-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #14
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

You're really not comparing apples to apples. You have a Suite in AoA comparing it to a Standard room at POR. Don't get me wrong, I love POR but will be doing a Standard room at AoA this time for the theming for DD3, Ariel is her favorite. A Standard room at AoA will still be cheaper than a Standard room at POR, even with the discount. Difference will be theming, and double beds at AoA vs. queen beds at POR.
As all PPs said, depends on what you want! But if you think POR will save you money, you're not looking at the same options for both hotels.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #15
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meekogsd View Post
mod at 30% off? I thought they were 20%
The OP is referencing the spring discount which is no longer available.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: