Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 12:31 AM   #271
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Relaxing days are always good.
Sounds like a good day at DHS.
Looks like it was also a fun evening at MK.
All caught up again.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:02 AM   #272
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Oooooh, Sully missed ice cream!!!

He probably enjoyed his evening of quiet, though.

Hoping for the perfect job situation for Chuck very soon.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #273
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Did the boys end up liking American Idol? We've never taken the time to check it out, so just wondering.

Mmmmm....ice cream on Main Street. It doesn't get much better than that!
Old 06-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #274
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Go for it Carissa Well done to you and commiserations to Chuck. I will keep my fingers crossed that something turns up for him soon
Thanks I'm pretty excited. After being home with the boys for 13 years, it's a huge change for me jumping into two new jobs. I'm developing a deeper respect for moms who work out of the home.

I booked my first client yesterday (I wasn't officially ready to be open, but my business got listed on pet sitters international locater even though it wasn't supposed to) so things are rolling even if I'm not ready. And I start my training with the WIC job on Monday.

Chuck went for an interview at Best Buy yesterday (not sure if you're familiar with them--big electronics store). It's not the type of job he was hoping to get, but it would be something bringing in some money for now. He should hear today whether or not he got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Relaxing days are always good.
Sounds like a good day at DHS.
Looks like it was also a fun evening at MK.
All caught up again.
Relaxing days are important to rest too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Oooooh, Sully missed ice cream!!!

He probably enjoyed his evening of quiet, though.

Hoping for the perfect job situation for Chuck very soon.
He wasn't happy about it, but we told him it was his choice to stay behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Did the boys end up liking American Idol? We've never taken the time to check it out, so just wondering.

Mmmmm....ice cream on Main Street. It doesn't get much better than that!
Yes, everyone enjoyed it. You really should check it out! The stage is great. Both times I've had Cam as the host and he's really good. Very funny.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 06-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #275
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Hope all is going well for you and Chuck I've been thinking of you both. I had heard of Best Buy but we don't have them here as yet (prob only a matter of time). Even though it's not the ideal job for Chuck at least it will help pay the bills until something else shows up. You never know , he might find he enjoys it more than he expected (I'll keep my fingers crossed). My mum still lights that candle for you both so good things are bound to be around the corner. Keep you chin up and don't forget to breathe
Old 06-14-2013, 05:55 AM   #276
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hope all is going well for you and Chuck I've been thinking of you both. I had heard of Best Buy but we don't have them here as yet (prob only a matter of time). Even though it's not the ideal job for Chuck at least it will help pay the bills until something else shows up. You never know , he might find he enjoys it more than he expected (I'll keep my fingers crossed). My mum still lights that candle for you both so good things are bound to be around the corner. Keep you chin up and don't forget to breathe
Awwww. Thank you. I've been super busy. I had my first week of training and I met my first client for my business. I have 3 days off now so hopefully I can get to another update. Chuck still hasn't heard from Best Buy so I don't know what's going on.

Hope things are good with you!

Old 06-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #277
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Day 8 & 9

Just a word about picture size. I know these things are monstrous. But I am too lazy to resize them at this point. I want to finish my trip report and if I have to resize all the pictures (with all of the issues photobucket gives me), it'll never get done. So my apologies.

Our last day in WDW!

We woke up early because the guide I'd been given at check-in stated Animal Kingdom was opening at 7 a.m. for EMH. So we drove over in the dark. There was no one at the entrance booth. So we drove on through! Then we spent some time driving around because I didn't know where to park and there was no one around. I started getting the feeling that we were too early.

Eventually we asked a CM in a truck and he showed us where to park. We headed to the entrance and finally discovered that our guide had been for the previous week (this was Monday) so they weren't opening until 8. They did let us through around 7:45.

These are the new ticket scanner things:

Waiting for them to let us past the ropes:

Our first ride was Dinosaur. Connor and Owen hadn't been on before. Connor is ducking between Chuck and I.

Then Sully and Owen did Primeval Whirl twice. (barf) After that we headed over to Expedition Everest so Sully could try it for the first time. He didn't want to at first, but I encouraged him, even though I didn't want to do it again. I tried to get Chuck to join him, but he declined.

You can see Sully close to the back. He's wearing a tourquoise sweatshirt.

Pretty bird:

Just a word about picture size. I know these things are monstrous. But I am too lazy to resize them at this point. I want to finish my trip report and if I have to resize all the pictures (with all of the issues photobucket gives me), it'll never get done. So my apologies.

Our last day in WDW!

We woke up early because the guide I'd been given at check-in stated Animal Kingdom was opening at 7 a.m. for EMH. So we drove over in the dark. There was no one at the entrance booth. So we drove on through! Then we spent some time driving around because I didn't know where to park and there was no one around. I started getting the feeling that we were too early.

Eventually we asked a CM in a truck and he showed us where to park. We headed to the entrance and finally discovered that our guide had been for the previous week (this was Monday) so they weren't opening until 8. They did let us through around 7:45.

These are the new ticket scanner things:

Waiting for them to let us past the ropes:

Our first ride was Dinosaur. Connor and Owen hadn't been on before. Connor is ducking between Chuck and I.

Then Sully and Owen did Primeval Whirl twice. (barf) After that we headed over to Expedition Everest so Sully could try it for the first time. He didn't want to at first, but I encouraged him, even though I didn't want to do it again. I tried to get Chuck to join him, but he declined.

You can see Sully close to the back. He's wearing a tourquoise sweatshirt.

Pretty bird:

We decided to give the safari another go. I was glad there were some changes made to it as we were kinda bored with the old scenario.

continued in next post

Last edited by carissanboys; 06-14-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:36 AM   #278
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

After seeing some beautiful animals and scenery, we headed to ITTBAB and then the Boneyard. I guess my boys are getting too big/old for it because after just a few minutes they were ready to go.

The one thing I had yet to do at AK was Flights of Wonder. So we had that number one on our list. We were a bit early and Chuck got to participate in a little show beforehand.

We ended up with front row seats.

We all enjoyed the show. At one point, a bird from the back flies towards the stage and they warn you that they swoop really low. Well, the bird swooped so low, he touched my camera. LOL

That is all the pictures I have from our time at AK. After FOW, we headed to Flametree BBQ for some lunch. It was just okay. With our tummies full, we did our last ride of the day, Kali River Rapids. Chuck and Connor hadnt done it before. We were with another family and chatted with them during the ride. It was kind of less exciting than in previous trips. I think Owen got the most wet.

Oops! I do have some photopass pictures:

We left pretty early and had a short visit with Baxter. Connor wasnt feeling well. We went back to the cabin and rested as well as started to pack up. My notes stop here so Ill have to remember what we did based on pictures. I know we originally were going to eat our last meal at Kouzzina, but decided to cancel. We ended up having dinner at Planet Hollywood in DTD. Id been to the Planet Hollywood in NYC, but that was small compared to this place! Wow!

I was sucker for the group shot they took as we went in.

The service was very good. The food was mediocre. The atmosphere is very cool.

We went back to the cabin and I made a trip to the Meadows Trading Post for some snacks for the trip back home.

Day 9

Because we couldnt pick Baxter up until 7 a.m., that was the earliest wed be able to get on the road. But we were the first ones there so as soon as they opened, we got our puppy and headed home. He was exhausted. He slept for almost the entire trip (and was tired for a day or two after we got home). I dont think he slept well while there. So many dogs around to excite him.

Oh here is the report they gave us:

I dont remember any details of the drive back except it was long. I think we got home around 7-ish.

So there you have it! Probably our last family trip for a long time. I am going back in January for two races and will be staying with a friend at Old Key West. Im very excited for that!

Last edited by carissanboys; 06-14-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #280
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a nice end to your trip. I like Baxters little report card.

I hope you enjoy OKW. We are staying there in July for the first time- excited!

Did the boys enjoy the vacation? What was everyone's favorite?
Old 06-17-2013, 07:18 AM   #281
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Aww...so sad that the trip (and report) are over. I enjoyed reading along and sharing your trip!
Old 06-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #282
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Loved traveling along with you all Carissa Cant believe how grown up the boys look (makes it so worth buying that group photo before they refuse to have one taken at all). Hope you enjoy the rest of the summer and both your new jobs. Wish Chuck luck on finding something soon.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #283
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Awww. Such sweet comments about Baxter!
Sounds like a really nice trip. I still can't believe how tall and grown up the boys are. We've never seen Flights of Wonder and I think my kids would enjoy it!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 06-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #284
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Carissa, I truly enjoyed your report. But, I'm not going to let my DH read it because you did a whole lot of relaxing. He always complains that we don't relax enough at Disney!

Hope you do reports for your running trips!

Kathy
Old 06-19-2013, 05:45 AM   #285
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Oh no... it's over already? I enjoyed reading along!!
Thanks for reading, Amy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
Sounds like a nice end to your trip. I like Baxters little report card.

I hope you enjoy OKW. We are staying there in July for the first time- excited!

Did the boys enjoy the vacation? What was everyone's favorite?
The pictures and videos I've seen of OKW have me very excited! It definitely looks like my kind of place. Reminds me a lot of POR.

They did enjoy themselves. I think we all enjoyed our LEGOLAND day the most. I know--all of you diehard Disney fans will wince at that, but we like to try new things and after several visits to WDW, I think we've reaching the point where it's time for us to vacation somewhere else. I still very much enjoy my solo trips down for races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Aww...so sad that the trip (and report) are over. I enjoyed reading along and sharing your trip!
Thanks Missy

Quote:
Loved traveling along with you all Carissa Cant believe how grown up the boys look (makes it so worth buying that group photo before they refuse to have one taken at all). Hope you enjoy the rest of the summer and both your new jobs. Wish Chuck luck on finding something soon.
Thanks Moira! Hope we can keep in touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Awww. Such sweet comments about Baxter!
Sounds like a really nice trip. I still can't believe how tall and grown up the boys are. We've never seen Flights of Wonder and I think my kids would enjoy it!

Amanda
I can't believe how many trips it took for me to finally see FoW! But it was fun and I think you all would enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Carissa, I truly enjoyed your report. But, I'm not going to let my DH read it because you did a whole lot of relaxing. He always complains that we don't relax enough at Disney!

Hope you do reports for your running trips!

Kathy
We definitely prefer to have some relaxing time. I think my family wishes I planned for more. Fort Wilderness kind of makes it easy to relax.

I may do one for my January trip so keep an eye out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: