Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2013, 07:43 AM   #256
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Sorry you weren't feeling very good... sounds like a day "off" was just what you needed.

By the way - if you haven't already uploaded all of your pictures to PB, you can now change one of the settings to upload to smaller sizes.
I have already uploaded all of my pictures (I used the app on my phone and uploaded each day on the trip) but good to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
I hate you weren't feeling good. I'm a migraine sufferer and I know how horrible they are. I'm so glad it passed. I had one yesterday and it's finally gone, just woke up (today) lol.

I like those unplanned days, always the best.

Neat that the laundry room is even themed. I've been in other laundry rooms and that one is definitely more rustic, campy looking.

Happy Memorial Day to you and yours and many thanks for all the service given!
I was glad I had the migraine on a down day.

Thank you!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 05-27-2013, 07:50 AM   #257
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

A quiet resort day sounds like just what you needed. I'm glad the migraine didn't last too long.

I love the Phineas and Ferb pics! My boys were SO excited to meet them! Even my big 18 year old boy!

Congrats on the TSM win! Go MOM! It's too bad Sully didn't like TOT...but you don't know until you try! He's a good sport.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #258
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Strange how you can have a great ride one day and it is "meh" on another. How exciting to get that extra 30 min because the park opened early!

It took me a long time to learn that one "quiet" day with nothing planned is essential for every Disney vacation.

Kathy
Old 05-29-2013, 05:26 AM   #259
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
A quiet resort day sounds like just what you needed. I'm glad the migraine didn't last too long.

I love the Phineas and Ferb pics! My boys were SO excited to meet them! Even my big 18 year old boy!

Congrats on the TSM win! Go MOM! It's too bad Sully didn't like TOT...but you don't know until you try! He's a good sport.
I was glad he tried it (with some bribing), but I really thought he'd like it. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Strange how you can have a great ride one day and it is "meh" on another. How exciting to get that extra 30 min because the park opened early!

It took me a long time to learn that one "quiet" day with nothing planned is essential for every Disney vacation.

Kathy
Even though we don't do full park days, that day off was still needed. Most days we were back in our cabin by early afternoon, but between visiting the dog and just being tired from all that walking, the rest was needed.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:51 AM   #260
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Still here and enjoying!

My fav pic so far is of Sully with the Sully horse's nametag. Cute.

Done: 2010 WDW Half, 2010 W&D Half, 2011 WDW Half, 2011 Princess Half, 2011 W&D Half, 2012 WDW Half, 2012 WDW Full Relay-1st Leg, 2013 WDW 5K/Goofy, 2013 DL 5K/Dumbo Double Dare/Coast to Coast
Doing: 2014 Dopey
Old 05-31-2013, 05:10 PM   #261
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys View Post
Still here and enjoying!

My fav pic so far is of Sully with the Sully horse's nametag. Cute.
I thought that was pretty cool too.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:09 PM   #262
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

what a lovely day at the cabins! Outside of the migraine that is. Bummer that the Meadows pool was so crowded, we really liked the quiet pool as well. Really seems like you got to enjoy the day and the full use of the cabin and resort, I love that!

Great start to your morning at DHS, in early and knocking those rides out. Bummer that ToT didn't agree with tummies, that can be so frustrating when that happens.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:06 AM   #263
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Kudos to you for getting so many headline rides ticked off so painlessly in HS. Lovin the look of that beautiful blue sky
Old 06-01-2013, 06:34 AM   #264
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
what a lovely day at the cabins! Outside of the migraine that is. Bummer that the Meadows pool was so crowded, we really liked the quiet pool as well. Really seems like you got to enjoy the day and the full use of the cabin and resort, I love that!

Great start to your morning at DHS, in early and knocking those rides out. Bummer that ToT didn't agree with tummies, that can be so frustrating when that happens.
I knew when we stayed at the Fort that I really wanted to take the time to enjoy the resort. I'm glad we got the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Kudos to you for getting so many headline rides ticked off so painlessly in HS. Lovin the look of that beautiful blue sky
We had such beautiful weather on the trip!

Old 06-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #265
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Sorry Sully didn't like ToT. It's funny how big people sometimes don't like big rides, but little people love them. I could only take Everest one time, but I read about eight year olds who ride it 3-4 times in a row!

The pool looks refreshing. Down times are good. We are learning more and more to appreciate rest time, playground time, coloring time, etc. with the girls.

Happy Birthday to Owen!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:51 AM   #266
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Day 7 - Part 2

We headed to Sci Fi for lunch. I believe this was our third time eating there. We just love the atmosphere and the food (burgers and fries) are very good. We were the first ones seated and our waitress was fabulous. Another great experience for us!

We knew we wanted to do the American Idol Experience (I'd done it for the first time on my last solo trip and wanted the family to do it. They weren't super excited for it.) and LMA, but we had to time to kill before they started so we headed to Great Movie Ride. Then we kind of hung around, watching some ducks and a show.

We took the opportunity for some Photopass pictures:

Then it was time for American Idol! We got there really early so were part of the pre-show (where they record "fans" of one of the performers). That was fun.

There were 4 performers, which I thought was odd, but figured maybe they'd changed the format of the show. We had some really good singers, but one was fantastic! She had an amazing voice. The last one up was a man and they ended up bringing his girlfriend up on stage. Up until this point, I still didn't have a clue what was going on. But next we knew, we were witnessing a proposal! Everyone in the audience was "awwwwing" and clapping. It was a really cool thing to be a part of. One of those magical moments at WDW.

As soon as that finished, we hoofed it over to LMA. I think it was Owen who really wanted to see this show even though we'd seen it a couple of times already. The Lightning McQueen part was new for us, but sadly, my boys do not like any reference to Cars. They feel it's for little kids, which of course, they most definitely are not.

A picture of all of us:

I think it was around 2 when the show finished and we were ready to leave. We got some popcorn on the way out in the cool container.

That's the hat I bought that morning, which I guess I forgot to mention. It was going to be a very sunny day and I didn't want a burnt scalp!

Before we went back to the cabin, we visited with Baxter. Then at the cabin, we saw this:

We relaxed at the cabin for a while and made tacos.

We'd told the younger two that we'd try to head back to MK one evening so they could do more of the Sorcerer card game. Sully didn't want to go along, so we let him stay at the cabin with Chuck's phone in case he needed us.

We headed to the boat.

Continued in next post...

Last edited by carissanboys; 06-01-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:52 AM   #267
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

When we arrived at MK, we were happy to see it wasn't super busy. There seemed to be a lull between many people leaving in the afternoon and before the others arrived for the evening.

We did the Main St. Adventure and Fantasyland for the cards. The boys had fun (but I found it very boring).

We did stop for some Photopass pictures:

And we watched Philharmagic. We decided to have some ice cream before heading out.

We made it back to the cabin and went to sleep after a great day.

Up Next -- Day 8 & 9 -- The End

Last edited by carissanboys; 06-14-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #268
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Sorry Sully didn't like ToT. It's funny how big people sometimes don't like big rides, but little people love them. I could only take Everest one time, but I read about eight year olds who ride it 3-4 times in a row!

The pool looks refreshing. Down times are good. We are learning more and more to appreciate rest time, playground time, coloring time, etc. with the girls.

Happy Birthday to Owen!
I know I used to love thrill rides when I was a kid, but as I've gotten older, my stomach just can't handle them. And I get motion sickness. But I love ToT! I really thought Sully would like it once he gave it a chance.

Thanks!

Old 06-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #269
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Life update! Well, good and bad news today. The good news was that I got the job! I start my training on Monday. The bad news is Chuck didn't get the job.

I also decided to start a business (nothing like jumping in with both feet, eh?!) so things are very crazy at the moment. I am now the owner of a pet sitting business!

I will get back soon for an update. Hope everyone is well!

Last edited by carissanboys; 06-05-2013 at 05:35 AM.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #270
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Life update! Well, good and bad news today. The good news was that I got the job! I start my training on Monday. The bad news is Chuck didn't get the job.

I also decided to start a business (nothing like jumping in with both feet, eh?!) so things are very crazy at the moment. I am now the owner of a pet sitting business!

I will get back soon for an update. Hope everyone is well!
Go for it Carissa Well done to you and commiserations to Chuck. I will keep my fingers crossed that something turns up for him soon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: