Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 05:41 AM   #226
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran
 
luvpoohandcompany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ireland
Posts: 1,331

Ugh hate it when people don't supervise their dogs Glad it wasn't too bad a nip and that Owen was ok! Love the things your housekeeper did The cabins look perfect for a chill-out day
luvpoohandcompany is online now  
Old 05-15-2013, 06:00 AM   #227
carissanboys
DIS Veteran
 
carissanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,247

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I want to do this with the girls one of these days. They would love staying in a cabin.
We enjoyed it so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
Crazy situation with the other dog. That was irresponsible of the owner for sure to leave it unattended. I am glad Owen was okay in the end.

You laid back afternoon at the cabins sounds great! Mouse keepering looks like they were amazing- love the daily adventures of Stitch as well!
Things like that happen with dogs and overall it wasn't a big deal. But she should have been in there to supervise especially seeing how nervous her little dog was around the bigger dog (they'd gotten into it already once before).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
I never realized than LegoLand had so many amazing miniatures! The boys must have loved it!

Ah... a cookout and s'mores for dinner. I think Ed would love staying at the Fort someday!


Kathy
Their miniland is one of their most popular sections! It's so cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Ugh hate it when people don't supervise their dogs Glad it wasn't too bad a nip and that Owen was ok! Love the things your housekeeper did The cabins look perfect for a chill-out day
I think the candle must be working! I have an interview for the job with WIC and Chuck has a phone interview today for a job in the UK!
__________________
DONE: WDW Half-Marathon 2011 WDW Marathon Relay 2012 (2nd leg) DOING: WDW 5k and 10k 2014

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-15-2013, 06:08 AM   #228
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran
 
luvpoohandcompany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ireland
Posts: 1,331

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
I think the candle must be working! I have an interview for the job with WIC and Chuck has a phone interview today for a job in the UK!
OMG that's brilliant news Such an exciting time for you guys! I will keep my fingers, toes and anything else I can think of crossed that it all works out
UK job!! Who knows we could end up being neighbours
luvpoohandcompany is online now  
Old 05-15-2013, 06:12 AM   #229
carissanboys
DIS Veteran
 
carissanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,247

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post

OMG that's brilliant news Such an exciting time for you guys! I will keep my fingers, toes and anything else I can think of crossed that it all works out
UK job!! Who knows we could end up being neighbours
Sully said if we move to the UK he wants our first vacation to be to Ireland.
__________________
DONE: WDW Half-Marathon 2011 WDW Marathon Relay 2012 (2nd leg) DOING: WDW 5k and 10k 2014

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 06:21 AM   #230
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran
 
luvpoohandcompany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ireland
Posts: 1,331

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Sully said if we move to the UK he wants our first vacation to be to Ireland.
Good man Sully And if I happen to accidently on purpose happen to bump into people who share my love of Disney and end up being friends for life my easily spooked husband (who freaks about "talking" to people you don't know) wont be in the least surprised because I talk to people everywhere I go I think it's the whole internet aspect that freaks him I keep telling him it's like having a penpal but he never did that either
You must be very excited with all the possibilities in life for you guys right now
luvpoohandcompany is online now  
Old 05-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #231
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran
 
DrMomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,659

My brother lives in London and isn't likely to come back to the USA ever....
Fingers crossed for you!!!

Amanda
__________________
Proud mom to DS age 10 DD age 8 DS age 6
Ran the Disney Half-Marathon 2011; Full Marathon 2012; ToT 2012; GOOFY 2013; Princess 2013; 10k and full marathon 2014
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline  
Old 05-16-2013, 06:04 AM   #232
carissanboys
DIS Veteran
 
carissanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,247

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Good man Sully And if I happen to accidently on purpose happen to bump into people who share my love of Disney and end up being friends for life my easily spooked husband (who freaks about "talking" to people you don't know) wont be in the least surprised because I talk to people everywhere I go I think it's the whole internet aspect that freaks him I keep telling him it's like having a penpal but he never did that either
You must be very excited with all the possibilities in life for you guys right now


It is exciting, but also scary as he's been looking for months with no offer of a job yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
My brother lives in London and isn't likely to come back to the USA ever....
Fingers crossed for you!!!

Amanda
Thanks Amanda

My interview yesterday went okay. I won't know until next week if I got the job or not. Chuck's phone interview went very well. They'll know in July if the contract has been awarded or not. So we play the waiting game!
__________________
DONE: WDW Half-Marathon 2011 WDW Marathon Relay 2012 (2nd leg) DOING: WDW 5k and 10k 2014

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline  
Old 05-16-2013, 06:40 AM   #233
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran
 
luvpoohandcompany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ireland
Posts: 1,331

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post


It is exciting, but also scary as he's been looking for months with no offer of a job yet.



Thanks Amanda

My interview yesterday went okay. I won't know until next week if I got the job or not. Chuck's phone interview went very well. They'll know in July if the contract has been awarded or not. So we play the waiting game!
Something is bound to turn up soon, after all your "Granny" is burning a candle for you!!

Last edited by luvpoohandcompany; 05-18-2013 at 12:05 PM.
luvpoohandcompany is online now  
Old 05-18-2013, 07:53 AM   #234
jmskinner
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: No longer an hour away.
Posts: 4,141

I want to show Jacob those pics of Star Wars Miniland, but I'm sure that will mean another trip to LEGOLAND for me.

That was very irresponsible of that woman to leave her dog unsupervised. I guess if the other dog had hurt her dog she would blame someone for not stepping in to stop it. Sorry about Owen getting bit.

Your private cookout looks like fun. Hope we get to try the cabins one day.
__________________
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012


900 Miles, 5 Parks, 2 Resorts, 6 ADR's, and 3 days of Celebration!!! August 2012 TR I love SWW and SW Celebrations...does that mean I am a geek? A PTR of a SW family August 2012. Adventures of a DisneyWORLDholic!
That's it...we moved to Florida to be close to Mickey TR with daily TR's and other Florida Fun!
My DSD came to visit and didn't want to go to WDW with us??? My July 14-21st TR with Busch Gardens, Universal, and of course, WDW.
jmskinner is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 06:21 AM   #235
carissanboys
DIS Veteran
 
carissanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,247

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Something is bound to turn up soon, after all your "Granny" is burning a candle for you!!
It's working! Chuck has an interview next week with the same company as the UK job. This one is closer to home (but still too far to commute) and hopefully not a contract job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
I want to show Jacob those pics of Star Wars Miniland, but I'm sure that will mean another trip to LEGOLAND for me.

That was very irresponsible of that woman to leave her dog unsupervised. I guess if the other dog had hurt her dog she would blame someone for not stepping in to stop it. Sorry about Owen getting bit.

Your private cookout looks like fun. Hope we get to try the cabins one day.
Did they not have the Star Wars stuff when you went?

So much for getting updates out more quickly, eh? This past week has been a crazy one. Today we have the boys' combined birthday party and then hopefully things will calm down! Update on Monday...
__________________
DONE: WDW Half-Marathon 2011 WDW Marathon Relay 2012 (2nd leg) DOING: WDW 5k and 10k 2014

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #236
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran
 
DisMomAmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NH
Posts: 7,961

I love that Baxter, Stitch & Big Muffin all got to have Disney vacations too!

That's so not cool that the lady left her dog unsupervised, then tried to blame Owen! I'm not sure I could have left without saying anything. Glad you were able to keep your cool. At least you know that if her dog was being boarded, he'd had all of his shots.
DisMomAmy is offline  
Old 05-20-2013, 06:22 AM   #237
carissanboys
DIS Veteran
 
carissanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,247

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I love that Baxter, Stitch & Big Muffin all got to have Disney vacations too!

That's so not cool that the lady left her dog unsupervised, then tried to blame Owen! I'm not sure I could have left without saying anything. Glad you were able to keep your cool. At least you know that if her dog was being boarded, he'd had all of his shots.
Yes, I was glad I didn't have to worry about that!
__________________
DONE: WDW Half-Marathon 2011 WDW Marathon Relay 2012 (2nd leg) DOING: WDW 5k and 10k 2014

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline  
Old 05-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #238
carissanboys
DIS Veteran
 
carissanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,247

Photopass Pictures

Before I get to a new update, I got my photopass pictures so I thought I'd share the ones from the days I've already done.











I will post the update in the next post.
__________________
DONE: WDW Half-Marathon 2011 WDW Marathon Relay 2012 (2nd leg) DOING: WDW 5k and 10k 2014

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog

Last edited by carissanboys; 05-20-2013 at 08:48 AM.
carissanboys is offline  
Old 05-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #239
carissanboys
DIS Veteran
 
carissanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,247

Day 5 - Part 4

We were on the bus headed to the Settlement. Once we arrived, we walked over to the barn to see the horses.







A horse named Sully!











As we walked the grounds, we saw a bird that was either a hawk or a peregrine falcon. You can just make out its head in this picture:





It was a lovely evening. We saw tons of bats flying around the bat box.



We continued walking over to the beach.









The boys played some tether ball.



Then we headed to the arcade for a bit of fun. (I am so annoyed with resizing photos in photobucket! So I apologize for the large pictures from here on out but I just cant deal with it at the moment.)











Continued in next post...
__________________
DONE: WDW Half-Marathon 2011 WDW Marathon Relay 2012 (2nd leg) DOING: WDW 5k and 10k 2014

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog

Last edited by carissanboys; 05-20-2013 at 08:49 AM.
carissanboys is offline  
Old 05-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #240
carissanboys
DIS Veteran
 
carissanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,247

We had some time to kill before the Electrical Water Pageant so we decided to get a drink at Crockett’s Tavern.



This is what I had. Yumm!







We decided to go scope out a good seat for the parade and Wishes. But first we stopped by the bathrooms. On the way, an armadillo walked across the road in front of us! That was a highlight of our trip. It was too dark to get any good pictures. 

It was a pretty chilly evening, but we all huddled up together to keep warm. The boys passed the time waiting by playing tetherball again. Then it was time for the parade!







My pictures of Wishes aren’t very good, but I do have a couple to give an idea of what they look like from the beach (and the music was piped in for those wondering).





With that done, we hopped back on the bus and returned to the cabin and bed.

We all felt this was probably our favorite day of the trip. Legoland was a lot of fun and the rest of the day at the resort was so relaxing. The only downside was that I’d started a bad sore throat. This would be the beginning of a month long battle with being sick. 

(I have to say that not resizing the photos makes the whole process go so much faster!!)
__________________
DONE: WDW Half-Marathon 2011 WDW Marathon Relay 2012 (2nd leg) DOING: WDW 5k and 10k 2014

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.