Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #211
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Oh poor Baxter! I hope he was OK.

I LOVE your F&G pin! I had a hard time finding a good one. I went to the Festival Center to get the special Annual Passholder pin but they were all out. The CM told me they might still have some left at the pin shop but I never made it there. I did find one to add to my collection, but not the AP pin... I don't know when I'll be back during Flower & Garden. Definitely not next year.

I'm glad you enjoyed Lego Land... Zach has heard about it and wants to go but we haven't been yet.

The cabins look like such a fun, relaxing place to stay! I love what your mousekeeper was doing with your little friends!
Old 05-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #212
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutthemouse View Post
Following along, really enjoying your report. Can't wait to see how your visit was with Winter! We have three boys as well, one very much in love with dolphins so we are vacationing in Anna Maria Island soon and plan on driving up to see Winter. I also REALLY want to visit Fort Wilderness, maybe next summer if we can get a reliable tow vehicle to drive all that way with our camper.
Keep it coming!
BTW, my nephew's name is Sullivan - they spell it Sulle
I'm sad to say we didn't make it to see Winter. I think I mentioned in an earlier post that we decided not to go, but I'll explain more when I get to that point (which is coming up soon).

How cool! I come across the name every once in a while, but not too often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Sounds crazy to be interviewing candidates for jobs for a January contract but as you say the economy stinks right now Hopefully he gets the one you both want (or both and then you get to pick ). Who knows maybe something else will come up before then. You know there's a saying that you know your Irish when your Granny lights a candle to get you through life's ups and downs (mostly exams/interviews). I'll tell my mum she has officially adopted some Americans in need of an Irish Granny and get her to light a candle for you Every little helps Keep your chin up it will all work out soon hopefully!
On a different note I came across a book of Irish names which says Connor (with 2 n's ) means you are either a descendant of the Kings of Ireland or a lover of hounds Guess Baxter is lucky to have an official "hound lover" in the family
I'd love your Irish Granny to light a candle for us!

Were they all spelled "or" instead of "er"? It's funny but a year or so ago, Connor started telling me his name should be spelled Conner because Connor is pronounced con-NOR and Conner would be pronounced conn-ER. Silly boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
YAY i am finally caught up. I hate coming to the party late.

Hi Carissa. I don't know why it took me so long to come across your report or PTR, but I am glad I did. Your boys are adorable. We have same family size so I very much feel your pain on trying to find places to sleep along the way. To be honest, I'm usually dishonest. We travel with an air mattress and I just look for rooms that are enough sq footage that DS can fit in the corner with the air mattress. Lately DD likes sleeping on it, which works, but then it splits DH and I apart It's just a night while on the road, so it's okay.

My DD12 has a boyfriend and it's the same thing, so I get it. They're both very mature and responsible 6th graders but it's cute. We brought him back a Monsters Inc basketball from our last Disney trip. LOL We get the questions and sometimes judgement that they are only 12, but it's not like they actually DATE. They just like eachother more then they like their other friends who are boys/or girls.

Now, DS11 expects he gets to have a girlfriend next year (when he is in 6th) but his maturity level is SOOOO not there. It'll be interesting.

I love hearing about the cabins. Before we bought DVC we had to do 2 rooms everywhere b/c of our family size and POFQ became our favorite. But the cabins and the campfire activities etc., sound amazing!

I cant wait til day 3 and more pics of Best Friends. We are thinking about using it in July with Einstein. We usually board him here, his vet has an amazing facility that we use. We feel good about it because it is run by his vet, so if something happens, they know him already. But it'd be nice to have him close. I've looked at $ and it isnt that much more than the kennel at home, not enough more to deter us. I think it would just depend if my sister is coming with us in July or not. How much room we'd have in the car, and if he'd be squished or not

Legoland looks really cool. It's just really weird. I grew up not far at ALL from there. And growing up it was Cyprus Gardens. I was even a Cyprus Belle for a Day as a little girl and its just SO different now. The miniland is just amazing. I wonder how they maintain them all!

Hope Baxter was okay... cant wait to hear. He was prob just homesick. I know Einstein won't eat on a daily basis until we are at the table eating. That pack mentality.
Thank you for taking time to get caught up and comment on so much. I'll have to head over and check out your PTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Oh poor Baxter! I hope he was OK.

I LOVE your F&G pin! I had a hard time finding a good one. I went to the Festival Center to get the special Annual Passholder pin but they were all out. The CM told me they might still have some left at the pin shop but I never made it there. I did find one to add to my collection, but not the AP pin... I don't know when I'll be back during Flower & Garden. Definitely not next year.

I'm glad you enjoyed Lego Land... Zach has heard about it and wants to go but we haven't been yet.

The cabins look like such a fun, relaxing place to stay! I love what your mousekeeper was doing with your little friends!
That's too bad about the pin. I have two F & G pins from the two times I've been but this one is definitely my favorite.

I bet your boys would love LEGOLAND!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #213
allaboutthemouse
Mouseketeer

Sorry! I didn't see that - I have not been reading comments, just your links. Too bad, I was hoping to get a little feedback from that - oh, well! Don't worry, I will still keep reading I like your writing style Any more info and pics you have of FW and the pet place would be awesome. Like I said, I hope to camp there and while we would bring our dog in the camper with us, I like to have the available facility for her to go just in case. Thanks!
Old 05-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #214
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Cute bunny.
LOL. The pic of the shark mouth.
OMG! I love the Star Wars.
That whole miniland looked awesome. Love to take photos there.
The apple fries look good.
Poor Baxter. Hope he is better when you get there.
All caught up.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #215
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=carissanboys;48347601
I'd love your Irish Granny to light a candle for us!

Were they all spelled "or" instead of "er"? It's funny but a year or so ago, Connor started telling me his name should be spelled Conner because Connor is pronounced con-NOR and Conner would be pronounced conn-ER. Silly boy.

[/QUOTE]

Okie doke candle has now been lit in your honour Connor is always spelt OR here but some people only put 1 N in it My son has 2 Ns and according to my late mother-in-law that is the proper way to spell it There are a lot of people with the surname "O'Connor" here also! Kids are so funny when they are trying to assert their authority
Old 05-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #216
Goofster57
What if the “Hokey Pokey” really is what it’s all about?

Location: On the other side of that invisible line that I just can’t help crossing some times

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
You should go to LEGOLAND! Take that nephew of yours.
I should, I mean for his sake of course.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:34 AM   #217
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutthemouse View Post
Sorry! I didn't see that - I have not been reading comments, just your links. Too bad, I was hoping to get a little feedback from that - oh, well! Don't worry, I will still keep reading I like your writing style Any more info and pics you have of FW and the pet place would be awesome. Like I said, I hope to camp there and while we would bring our dog in the camper with us, I like to have the available facility for her to go just in case. Thanks!
I was disappointed to cancel our trip to Clearwater Aquarium, but it was a good decision. There are definitely more pictures of Best Friends (coming up in the next update) and FW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Cute bunny.
LOL. The pic of the shark mouth.
OMG! I love the Star Wars.
That whole miniland looked awesome. Love to take photos there.
The apple fries look good.
Poor Baxter. Hope he is better when you get there.
All caught up.
Connor actually asked me to take that picture of him in the shark's mouth. And he's not one to like getting his picture taken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Okie doke candle has now been lit in your honour Connor is always spelt OR here but some people only put 1 N in it My son has 2 Ns and according to my late mother-in-law that is the proper way to spell it There are a lot of people with the surname "O'Connor" here also! Kids are so funny when they are trying to assert their authority
Awwww. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofster57 View Post
I should, I mean for his sake of course.
He'd probably be ready to leave and you'd be there with your big camera taking pictures of miniland, saying "Just one more shot!"

Old 05-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #218
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Day 5 - Part 3

We left Legoland and drove straight to Best Friends to check on Baxter. I remembered to take a few more pictures this time to share with you all. When we arrived and Baxter was brought to us, we found out Baxter had eaten all of his food.

The front of the building:

This is as you’re heading out the back doors to the walking path and dog park:

A few pictures of the dog park:

There is a walking path along the back of the fence to the dog park. It isn’t very long, but each day we started there and then entered the dog park.

A happy Baxter:

On this particular day, a lady came out with her two smaller dogs. One she put in the dog park, unsupervised, and the other she took for a walk. Then a man showed up with his larger dog. Both dogs were fine with the boys and with Baxter, but didn’t seem to like one another. At one point, both of those dogs were next to Owen and the smaller dog nipped at the bigger dog. Owen ended up in the middle and got nipped on his leg. It broke the skin a bit, but he was okay. The lady apologized, but as we were leaving she tried to blame it on Owen for intervening. We didn’t say anything and just left but I was not happy that she’d had her dog in there unsupervised. I realize things like that happen with dogs and we knew the dog wasn’t trying to nip Owen. He just got in the way. We made sure to clean his small wound very well when we got back to the cabin and kept an eye on it.

Once back at the cabin, we needed to see what Stitch and Big Muffin had been up to! This is how we found them:

We also wondered what they did all day while we were at the parks. Here are some pictures that captured their adventures:

Everyone took some time to rest for a while and I headed to the Meadow’s Trading Post for some supplies. While I was gone, Chuck started the grill. We brought along one of those individual bags of charcoal that you just have to light. Worked great! I made it back in time for burgers. We decided to eat out on the deck for dinner.

The boys made s’mores for dessert:

A few notes about the cabins…

Mousekeeping replaced the coffee/filters every day along with the dishwasher powder packets. Also, the cabins have no cookie sheets and no pot holders.

We chilled out some more before heading to the settlement. Here is the view from our bus stop near us:

On the bus:

I’m going to stop here because I’ve reached the point where photobucket starts giving me problems. I would update more often if it wasn’t such a pain! So maybe if I do shorter updates I can get them out faster.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #219
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Aww...so glad Baxter had eaten and was so happy to see you! He's a cutie!

Too bad about Owen getting nipped by the dog. I would have been very nervous with two strange dogs in the dog park. I don't tend to trust dogs a lot due to a couple of bad experiences as a kid. I'm glad he was okay though!

So, can you not have actual campfires at Fort Wilderness? Just curious! I love that you can grill and eat out on the deck...so fun!

Looks like Stitch and his bear friend had some great adventures! So cute!
Old 05-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #220
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Aww...so glad Baxter had eaten and was so happy to see you! He's a cutie!

Too bad about Owen getting nipped by the dog. I would have been very nervous with two strange dogs in the dog park. I don't tend to trust dogs a lot due to a couple of bad experiences as a kid. I'm glad he was okay though!

So, can you not have actual campfires at Fort Wilderness? Just curious! I love that you can grill and eat out on the deck...so fun!

Looks like Stitch and his bear friend had some great adventures! So cute!
I believe you can have campfires at the campsites, but you have to bring your own firepit. The campsites and cabins only have grills.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #221
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Poor Owen and Baxter.
I know George our dog would not eat either. He has to see us eating too.

If you stayed in the campground with a trailer is your dog allowed?
Old 05-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #222
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Poor Owen and Baxter.
I know George our dog would not eat either. He has to see us eating too.

If you stayed in the campground with a trailer is your dog allowed?
He ate fine the rest of the trip.

Yes they are.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:50 AM   #223
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post

I want to do this with the girls one of these days. They would love staying in a cabin.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #224
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Crazy situation with the other dog. That was irresponsible of the owner for sure to leave it unattended. I am glad Owen was okay in the end.

You laid back afternoon at the cabins sounds great! Mouse keepering looks like they were amazing- love the daily adventures of Stitch as well!
Old 05-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #225
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

I never realized than LegoLand had so many amazing miniatures! The boys must have loved it!

Ah... a cookout and s'mores for dinner. I think Ed would love staying at the Fort someday!

Kathy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: