Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #196
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

continued from previous post...

There was so much more than I posted pictures of! You really need to see it for yourselves.

While we were walking around miniland, I got a call from Best Friends. Baxter hadn’t been eating or drinking much and they wanted to know if it was okay to offer him chicken broth in order to entice him to eat. I said yes and told them we’d be over that afternoon to visit. I was starting to worry a bit about my baby.

After miniland, we headed to try some of Granny’s Apple Fries. They’re granny smith apples that are fried, sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon, and served with some whipped cream. I thought they were okay, but everyone else loved them.

With our snack consumed, we headed to the gift shop so the boys could spend some money. It was around 1:30 when we headed out. It was time to go see my puppy and find out why he wasn’t eating.

Up Next - Day 5 - Part 3

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog

Last edited by carissanboys; 05-13-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #197
Goofster57
What if the “Hokey Pokey” really is what it’s all about?

Location: On the other side of that invisible line that I just can’t help crossing some times

Great Legoland updates. Their creations are amazing!!!
We have one out here in So Cal, but I've never been.

What a cute Bunny!!!

Look forward to the next update.
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #198
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Loved the pictures of Legoland.

Did Legoland get rid of the glass bottom boats?
Did they get rid of the Cyprus Garden Walk?
What about the ladies that walk around in Southern Bell costumes?
This is from my memory of a 7 year old when LegoLand used to be Cyprus Gardens.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #199
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Love all the pcitures of legoland. I fear I'll never make it until I have grandkids which will be a LONG LONG time from now so it's fun to at least see pics.

The apple fries sound good, I'd love to try them

Oh no, I hope Baxter is fine and was just missing his peeps.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #200
disneydancer86
Mouseketeer

I love your LEGOLAND pictures!!! While I am a DIS girl at heart, I also have a special place for Vegas. What a neat display!

Polynesian '88, '89, '90, Fort Wilderness '98, Walt Disney Hilton '09, Coronado Springs '10, Wilderness Lodge '11, All Star-Music Dance the World '12, Animal Kingdom Lodge '12-13, Pop Century '13

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
Old 05-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #201
MeMom
DIS Veteran

That was fun, since I've never seen Legoland before.

Poor Baxter. I know he missed his family. Glad you could at least have him close to see him often. I'm sure he's happy to be back home with all of his people.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #202
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Awesome pics of Legoland! It makes me want to go...

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 05-08-2013, 06:02 AM   #203
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofster57 View Post
Great Legoland updates. Their creations are amazing!!!
We have one out here in So Cal, but I've never been.

What a cute Bunny!!!

Look forward to the next update.
You should go to LEGOLAND! Take that nephew of yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Loved the pictures of Legoland.

Did Legoland get rid of the glass bottom boats?
Did they get rid of the Cyprus Garden Walk?
What about the ladies that walk around in Southern Bell costumes?
This is from my memory of a 7 year old when LegoLand used to be Cyprus Gardens.
Didn't see any glass bottom boats. They still have the Cyprus Garden Walk I believe, but we didn't get a chance to see it. No ladies in costumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Love all the pcitures of legoland. I fear I'll never make it until I have grandkids which will be a LONG LONG time from now so it's fun to at least see pics.

The apple fries sound good, I'd love to try them

Oh no, I hope Baxter is fine and was just missing his peeps.
I liked that the apple fries were something different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydancer86 View Post
I love your LEGOLAND pictures!!! While I am a DIS girl at heart, I also have a special place for Vegas. What a neat display!
They were very cool. I could have spent even more time looking at them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
That was fun, since I've never seen Legoland before.

Poor Baxter. I know he missed his family. Glad you could at least have him close to see him often. I'm sure he's happy to be back home with all of his people.
Some days I wondered if it was harder on him to see us every day and not go home with us. But overall, I think it was easier on him with us visiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Awesome pics of Legoland! It makes me want to go...

Amanda
You should! It's such a nice park.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:38 AM   #204
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Wow....those Lego creations are awesome! I love the Capitol building.

Granny Fries sound kind of tasty. Were they sweet like apple pie?

Poor Baxter misses his family!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #205
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

All caught up! I love your little bunny!! So cute I've had a few bunnies in my life and I think that one of them was the same kind as yours. They are very sweet.

Legoland looks amazing! I've never been, but I didn't know that there was so much to it. I can't believe how many rides they have. The lego structures are what really impress me though, it really takes talent to build those things!

I'm glad that you are finally feeling better and off of your medication now!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 05-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #206
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
If I got this job, it would only be 15 hours a week and a lot of it would be taking calls at home. The older two would continue to be homeschooled (they turn 13 and 11 this month so can be home alone for periods of time with no problem) and Connor has already decided he wants to try public school in the Fall. The bus stops right outside our house every morning and his friend already attends. I'm not sure how long he'll want to stick with it once he experiences the reality of school, but I feel I should give him the chance to try it. He's very excited about it.

There's a possibility we'd have to move at some point depending on where Chuck gets a job. Right now all of the interest in him is from companies that are about 4 hours north of us (Washington D.C. area). If he gets a job up there, he'll find an apartment to stay at during the week and come home on weekends. We just don't want to give up the house yet and that area up there is so expensive to buy a house in. We lived up there for 6 years and could never afford to buy.
Hope you hear about the job soon and fingers crossed Chuck gets something a wee bit closer to home that means you don't have to move . Funny that Connor wants to try school (kids always think they're missing something). I wonder what he will make of it? It's good he's going with a friend for company. Do you remember the madness I endured a couple of years back getting my youngest into a good school locally? Cant believe he's finishing his second year there! He loves it but also loves to moan every single morning about getting up to go Thankfully it has a very child-centred approach to learning and helps bring out the best in all the kids who attend.

LEGOLAND looks amazing-one of these days we will have to go visit either in orlando or perhaps a park closer to home! Hope Baxter perked up when he saw you.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:57 AM   #207
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Wow....those Lego creations are awesome! I love the Capitol building.

Granny Fries sound kind of tasty. Were they sweet like apple pie?

Poor Baxter misses his family!
They weren't real sweet because they were made with granny smith apples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
All caught up! I love your little bunny!! So cute I've had a few bunnies in my life and I think that one of them was the same kind as yours. They are very sweet.

Legoland looks amazing! I've never been, but I didn't know that there was so much to it. I can't believe how many rides they have. The lego structures are what really impress me though, it really takes talent to build those things!

I'm glad that you are finally feeling better and off of your medication now!
Thank you! It was a long month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Hope you hear about the job soon and fingers crossed Chuck gets something a wee bit closer to home that means you don't have to move . Funny that Connor wants to try school (kids always think they're missing something). I wonder what he will make of it? It's good he's going with a friend for company. Do you remember the madness I endured a couple of years back getting my youngest into a good school locally? Cant believe he's finishing his second year there! He loves it but also loves to moan every single morning about getting up to go Thankfully it has a very child-centred approach to learning and helps bring out the best in all the kids who attend.

LEGOLAND looks amazing-one of these days we will have to go visit either in orlando or perhaps a park closer to home! Hope Baxter perked up when he saw you.
I do remember that. I'm glad he's enjoying it.

The interviews he had yesterday both went well (one was on the phone and one he had to drive 4 - hours each way), but as most of these jobs seem to be, they're for a contract that's been bid on and doesn't start until later. One doesn't start until January and they haven't even been awarded the contract. The other is a pretty sure thing, but won't be awarded until August. We could hold out until August financially, but not if we aren't sure he can get the job. It's kind of frustrating.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #208
allaboutthemouse
Mouseketeer

Keep writing!

Following along, really enjoying your report. Can't wait to see how your visit was with Winter! We have three boys as well, one very much in love with dolphins so we are vacationing in Anna Maria Island soon and plan on driving up to see Winter. I also REALLY want to visit Fort Wilderness, maybe next summer if we can get a reliable tow vehicle to drive all that way with our camper.
Keep it coming!
BTW, my nephew's name is Sullivan - they spell it Sulle
Old 05-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #209
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
The interviews he had yesterday both went well (one was on the phone and one he had to drive 4 - hours each way), but as most of these jobs seem to be, they're for a contract that's been bid on and doesn't start until later. One doesn't start until January and they haven't even been awarded the contract. The other is a pretty sure thing, but won't be awarded until August. We could hold out until August financially, but not if we aren't sure he can get the job. It's kind of frustrating.

Sounds crazy to be interviewing candidates for jobs for a January contract but as you say the economy stinks right now Hopefully he gets the one you both want (or both and then you get to pick ). Who knows maybe something else will come up before then. You know there's a saying that you know your Irish when your Granny lights a candle to get you through life's ups and downs (mostly exams/interviews). I'll tell my mum she has officially adopted some Americans in need of an Irish Granny and get her to light a candle for you Every little helps Keep your chin up it will all work out soon hopefully!
On a different note I came across a book of Irish names which says Connor (with 2 n's ) means you are either a descendant of the Kings of Ireland or a lover of hounds Guess Baxter is lucky to have an official "hound lover" in the family
Old 05-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #210
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

YAY i am finally caught up. I hate coming to the party late.

Hi Carissa. I don't know why it took me so long to come across your report or PTR, but I am glad I did. Your boys are adorable. We have same family size so I very much feel your pain on trying to find places to sleep along the way. To be honest, I'm usually dishonest. We travel with an air mattress and I just look for rooms that are enough sq footage that DS can fit in the corner with the air mattress. Lately DD likes sleeping on it, which works, but then it splits DH and I apart It's just a night while on the road, so it's okay.

My DD12 has a boyfriend and it's the same thing, so I get it. They're both very mature and responsible 6th graders but it's cute. We brought him back a Monsters Inc basketball from our last Disney trip. LOL We get the questions and sometimes judgement that they are only 12, but it's not like they actually DATE. They just like eachother more then they like their other friends who are boys/or girls.

Now, DS11 expects he gets to have a girlfriend next year (when he is in 6th) but his maturity level is SOOOO not there. It'll be interesting.

I love hearing about the cabins. Before we bought DVC we had to do 2 rooms everywhere b/c of our family size and POFQ became our favorite. But the cabins and the campfire activities etc., sound amazing!

I cant wait til day 3 and more pics of Best Friends. We are thinking about using it in July with Einstein. We usually board him here, his vet has an amazing facility that we use. We feel good about it because it is run by his vet, so if something happens, they know him already. But it'd be nice to have him close. I've looked at $ and it isnt that much more than the kennel at home, not enough more to deter us. I think it would just depend if my sister is coming with us in July or not. How much room we'd have in the car, and if he'd be squished or not

Legoland looks really cool. It's just really weird. I grew up not far at ALL from there. And growing up it was Cyprus Gardens. I was even a Cyprus Belle for a Day as a little girl and its just SO different now. The miniland is just amazing. I wonder how they maintain them all!

Hope Baxter was okay... cant wait to hear. He was prob just homesick. I know Einstein won't eat on a daily basis until we are at the table eating. That pack mentality.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: