Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 06:41 AM   #136
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Sorry for my slow responses. Turns out the first cold I had at Disney was not the same one the boys had. I ended up coming down with theirs before I'd barely finished my first one. Which led to me developing bronchitis and a bacterial infection. But the meds have kicked in and I'm doing better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJessie View Post
Joining in. I am considering a trip to Ft. Wilderness cabins so I am glad I found your TR Beautiful family, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences
Thanks for joining us and I hope my information is helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
We ate lunch at Be Our Guest on this trip. The food was nothing to speak of. The fries were cold when they arrived. The building itself is neat to see, though, and I got some new pictures, so I'm glad I got to try it.
That was the main reason I wanted to go. Oh well. Another time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Love the sunrise pic I adore the early mornings when I'm in florida! Something about watching the world come to life sets me up for the day ahead however crazy/busy it gets
It was extra peaceful watching the sunrise at The Fort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Did you take the back road to Ft. Wilderness from the kennel? Staying at POR so much, I learned that way to get to the Contemporary and all the MK resorts.
Yes, although I didn't really realize it was a back road. It was literally like a 3 minute drive over there. I had no idea when I planned the trip how close it would be.

Quote:
I didn't realize there was so much the boys hadn't done.
There was a lot Connor and Owen hadn't done because of their ages last time. And some things they never got to because of other things they wanted to do. But this time they all wanted to try new things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Sanaa is one of my favorite places to eat there.
10:15 that night I was on a plane. A bad plane. LOL
I missed the new potty when I was there. :O(
It was crowded then. At least you missed the cheerleaders.
It was crowded, and, not to give too much away, the next day was as well, but after that things improved.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 04-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #137
B A Mouse
Earning My Ears

Feel better soon
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #138
Goofster57
What if the “Hokey Pokey” really is what it’s all about?

Location: On the other side of that invisible line that I just can’t help crossing some times

Glad to hear your feeling better!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #139
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear you're starting to feel better Get well soon
Old 04-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #140
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Take care of yourself!!!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 04-06-2013, 06:40 AM   #141
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A Mouse View Post
Feel better soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofster57 View Post
Glad to hear your feeling better!!!
Quote:
Glad to hear you're starting to feel better Get well soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Take care of yourself!!!

Amanda
Thanks everyone! I have a couple of papers to write for my classes this weekend but I will definitely get another update posted on Monday morning.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #142
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - Part 2

We hopped on the boat back to Fort Wilderness. Connor requested that we sit out front.

I snapped a picture of the crowds still swarming into the park.

We had a relaxing ride back and even saw someone parasailing.

Once we made it back to our cabin, we saw this:

We had the most wonderful mousekeeper during our stay. Her name was Katie and she took such good care of us! She had our last day off and we really noticed a difference. Katie went out of her way to make this a special trip for us.

We quickly dropped things off and got in the van to head over and see Baxter. One of the biggest pluses of having Baxter stay at Best Friends was the ability to go see him every day. We walked in and said we were there for a visit. They ask for i.d. and then bring your baby out to you. Behind the building they have a small walking path and a large dog park. Baxter was very excited to see us. We took him for a walk first and then headed into the dog park.

Baxter had fun exploring, but he spent a lot of time sitting over by the exit. He seemed to be saying,"Okay folks. This was fun and all, but I'm ready to blow this popsicle stand." That first day was hard leaving him behind. I think he started to understand on our next visit, but leaving him behind made it difficult to visit him.

After saying our goodbyes, we went back to the cabin to relax for a while. The boys watched tv while Chuck and I probably played on our phones. I made dinner in the cabin: eggs, toast, and sausage (eggs and sausage purchased at the Meadows Trading Post). The boys were itching to go swimming so Chuck took them to the quiet/cabins pool, which was located across from our loop.

We'd decided to go to the campfire that evening, but I know we got there kind of early. They do have activities before the campfire and movie, but we decided to look around while we waited for people to show up.

This is the movie/campfire area:

This is the pond by the bike barn where you can rent kayaks (I believe it's $6 per 30 minutes. Very reasonable.):

We checked out the Meadows pool:

The boys played at the playground for a bit and then we headed back over to the campfire area.

When we got back over there, things were finally starting to happen. The activity this night was sidewalk chalk. My boys really weren't interested in participating although Owen did draw something. Chip 'n Dale were there, although again, my boys didn't want their picture taken with them.

I'd brought along marshmallows, chocolate bars, and graham crackers from home to save money (you can buy these items at the Chuck Wagon), but we didn't have sticks. I bought 3 at the Chuck Wagon (they were 59 cents each and we used them again another night).

The boys toasting their marshmallows:

After everyone had eaten their share of s'mores, the boys decided they didn't want to hang around for the sing-a-long or the movie. We made a quick stop at the Meadows Trading Post for a few items and then went back to the cabin. The boys went to bed and Chuck and I followed as soon as Wishes was over.

Up Next - Day 4

Last edited by carissanboys; 04-15-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #143
pirate<3rocks
Earning My Ears

I'm liking that you could park next to your cabin with the amount of walking at WDW I imagine that was very nice!

Yeah I was really disappointed to not see more bathroom pictures : Oooh boy

Do you think you would take Baxter to that kennel again?

Glad you're feeling better
Old 04-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #144
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate<3rocks View Post
Do you think you would take Baxter to that kennel again?
I would because I liked that we could keep a close eye on him and I think they did a good job. It was definitely better than leaving him in a kennel back here at home. But ideally, I'd prefer not to leave him in kennel at all.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #145
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Jessica really wanted to go to the campfire but that was the night that Zachary fell off the golf cart so it didn't happen. I think she would have enjoyed it!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 04-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #146
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

This is such an informative TR - thank you for taking the time to write down all of the little details I'm glad that Baxter had a good time at the kennel and you could visit him every day. It would be nice to know that your pet is being well cared for, but leaving would be really hard to do!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 04-09-2013, 10:02 PM   #147
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

So sorry you've been sick, ick! Hopefully it's on the upswing now. Fun update, you actually took advantage of some of the activities at the Fort. I'm still a bit bummed we never did. I honestly thought we had some of the best mousekeeping ever at the Fort and definitely some of the best towel animals!

Love being able to cook dinner and still be on property like that, it's just wonderful.

Fun update and it's always nice to see pictures of Baxter
Old 04-10-2013, 07:10 AM   #148
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Jessica really wanted to go to the campfire but that was the night that Zachary fell off the golf cart so it didn't happen. I think she would have enjoyed it!

Amanda
I definitely think younger kids would enjoy it more than mine did. It's a really neat activity for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
This is such an informative TR - thank you for taking the time to write down all of the little details I'm glad that Baxter had a good time at the kennel and you could visit him every day. It would be nice to know that your pet is being well cared for, but leaving would be really hard to do!
Thanks for saying that. I try to provide info for those who are planning upcoming trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
So sorry you've been sick, ick! Hopefully it's on the upswing now. Fun update, you actually took advantage of some of the activities at the Fort. I'm still a bit bummed we never did. I honestly thought we had some of the best mousekeeping ever at the Fort and definitely some of the best towel animals!

Love being able to cook dinner and still be on property like that, it's just wonderful.

Fun update and it's always nice to see pictures of Baxter
I don't think we had any towel animals, but every day she did something different with Stitch and Big Muffin. We all looked forward to going back to the cabin to see what mischief they'd been up to that day.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #149
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Looks so peaceful at the lake. So nice to be able to get some respite from the Disney crowds Love the campfire and toasting of marshmallows. We all though we'd died and gone to heaven the first time we tasted s'mores (don't have them here) Now toasting mallows is a "must do" every trip!!
Had to laugh when I saw Sully hiding from the camera on the boat home as that's usually the pose my eldest son strikes
Old 04-11-2013, 06:10 AM   #150
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Looks so peaceful at the lake. So nice to be able to get some respite from the Disney crowds Love the campfire and toasting of marshmallows. We all though we'd died and gone to heaven the first time we tasted s'mores (don't have them here) Now toasting mallows is a "must do" every trip!!
Had to laugh when I saw Sully hiding from the camera on the boat home as that's usually the pose my eldest son strikes
He hasn't liked getting his picture taken since he was 2!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: