Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
FinallyDisney
FinallyDisney

Land & Sea & Land package - In other words, we really get around!

First time trip report(er) here. I'm Nancy (49 year old mother of two teenage boys) and every time I venture to Disney, I think "this will be my last".....Ha Ha!! I first traveled to Disney when in my twenties (1989 I believe) and loved it but did not fall hopelessly in love until we returned with our sons (then 7 & 9) in November 2007 for our first Disney experience as a family. We traveled with my sister, her husband and friends and their sons, stayed at POFQ and were completely hooked. My husband, the boys and I went back 11 months later to celebrate Halloween in WDW and stayed at the GF. Halloween in the Magic Kingdom was beyond terrific and the GF is my current favorite resort (can you blame me?). In 2010 we drove to WDW (from Boston, Ma) for Christmas with the Mouse! We rented a house at Windsor Palms and traveled with friends and their sons. Christmas morning in the Magic Kingdom was awesome. We got there at rope drop (crucial on this day), rode lots of rides with very little waiting and left as soon as the 1st parade was over(the droves of people coming in the park is mind blowing). Although the Windsor Palms was lovely, I am a girl who really loves to stay onsite and can't imagine staying offsite again in the future. The convenience of leaving my car "at home" and being transported around during my vacations is part of the whole experience and truly relaxing (IMO)!
I'll post a few pictures later of our various trips.

Our plan for this trip is to fly out of Boston on July 2nd via JetBlue and arrive in MCO around 1:00. We're staying at AKL for two nights (this resort does not appeal to my husband at all "too dark" but I'm hoping he can be swayed by what others describe as "quiet, relaxing and romantic". On July 4th we sail on The Dream for 3 nights and upon return we head back to WDW and will be staying at the BC for two nights. Phew - I'm tired just writing this - hope I have no regrets! I'll take you on this journey with us - hope you'll come along! Anyone else done a Land & Sea & Land package? Any comments or suggestions? All are welcome! Until next update-Peace!
Old 07-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #2
FinallyDisney
FinallyDisney

Are you for real?

One of my favorite pictures from our 1st family trip to Disney world (November 2007). My youngest son's face is priceless to me
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
FinallyDisney
FinallyDisney

China/Epcot

November 2007-My sister spotted this Blue Ibis with a frog in it's beak in China. Disney is always full of surprises!
Old 07-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #4
FinallyDisney
FinallyDisney

This room was an upgrade from a garden view

Our view (zoomed of course )
Old 07-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinallyDisney View Post

One of my favorite pictures from our 1st family trip to Disney world (November 2007). My youngest son's face is priceless to me
How funny, our boys were the same way. they would say I'm all set no princesses for me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: