Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2004, 03:56 PM   #1
TooBoyz4us
Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhere!
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.

Pin question from a beginner trader

Okay, so we are just beginning our pin trading adventures.

We have been buying a few small pin lots on ebay to help us get a base collection started.
During our first week of "newbie ebaying" my dh accidentally placed a bit on a lot from someone in France.
I told him it was probably a deal that was too good to be true,9 Disney Lion King pins for 15.00.

Anyway, we won the auction, paid the seller and have been patiently waiting for the pins to arrive.

They came today, and my gut feeling was right.
The pins are definitely NOT the same quality as the other official Disney pins we have purchased.They are light weight,and have very poor coloring and quality--compared to all the others we have--.The backs of them have gold aluminum(??) pin backs and are stampedDisney Sedesmasa

My question is:
Are these worth anything? I mean can we let our kids have them for their lanyards?And are they even tradeable at WDW?

Thanks so much for your help!
Chris

9/1997 @ CBR...10/2002 @ CSR ...9/2004@WL...9/2009@ CSR......
11/2013 @ POR
TooBoyz4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 04:15 PM   #2
Luv2Roam
Dexter: Takes Life. Seriously.

Currently, they are tradable with WDW CMs. So enjoy.
Luv2Roam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2004, 06:46 PM   #3
TooBoyz4us
Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhere!
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.

Great!!

Thanks so much Luv2Roam. I am certainly glad to hear that.
We've given them to our sons who are very proudly displaying them on their new lanyards.
They are really looking forward to pin trading in Sept!

Chris

9/1997 @ CBR...10/2002 @ CSR ...9/2004@WL...9/2009@ CSR......
11/2013 @ POR
TooBoyz4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #4
bellakmom
Earning My Ears

Any suggestions on where to purchase a 'starter' pin collection. I want my DD to enjoy in this activity. We are cruising on the Disney Dream Feb 2014
bellakmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:36 PM   #5
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

You know, when I first started trading there was a guide, a how to guide with rules. One of the rules was that Sedesma pins were not tradeable to CM's so we have never traded them. They aren't as good in quality (and yes I do have some) and they just look super cheap. I don't know if that has ever been changed but personally I would not trade Sedesma pins to CM's.
I have a link in my signature for buying pins but be warned that there is a lot of ugliness in the thread and some information was edited out. Some of the trusted sellers I've used on eBay are, totaljohn, thewill (has been reported to have scrappers but I had good luck with him in the past), stitchchic916, sleepys_emplorium, pinderellas_castle, gitanoman, please note that all sellers may not have inventory.
Good luck!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:38 PM   #6
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Oh, I found this.....this will help

http://disney.go.com/eventservices/howtopintrade.pdf

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:32 PM   #7
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakmom View Post
Any suggestions on where to purchase a 'starter' pin collection. I want my DD to enjoy in this activity. We are cruising on the Disney Dream Feb 2014
I would look at the DisneyStore.com (check the clearance/sale section to see if you can find a good deal), any Disney Outlet store (if you happen to live one), or on the second-hand market. If you go the second-hand market (e.g., eBay), it helps to look for set that still in their original packaging, still sealed, still on their backing, etc.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:59 AM   #8
sbmorasch
Mouseketeer

Honsitly the best place for me has always been under the hat in MGM. You can get some good starter kits for a cheap price because they ALWAYS have deals. When my friend was there 3 dYs again she said they still had a deal if you buy a mystery pin set (2 pins for 10 dollars at regular price) and a lanyard ( depends on the size, most are around 7 dollars) you can get it all for 10 dollars witch is amazing and you can still get a great starter kit of Winnie the pooh or princesses for around 15 dollars and they come with I believe 8
sbmorasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:24 AM   #9
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmorasch View Post
you can still get a great starter kit of Winnie the pooh or princesses for around 15 dollars and they come with I believe 8
Are you sure about the price? I remember seeing mystery pin boxes (usually two pins per box) for around $15, but starter sets usually run about ~$25 (two pins plus lanyard) up to ~$30 (8-pins or so) to ~$50 (lanyard with 8 pins).

I took a quick look at the DisneyStore.com and their pins sets are all around $30 if you want 8 pins.
http://www.disneystore.com/disney-pa...01081+1000211/

Even the mini-pin Winnie the Pooh & Friends cutie set with 6 pins was $30 when it was released in 2009. Maybe you saw some sets that were being cleared out (though, they don't normally clear much stuff out at the parks - they send them to the outlets)?
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: