Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 05:42 AM   #76
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Yay for an extra day!!!!!! Glad you got the flights all worked out. I keep peeking at prices, thinking they might go down (wishful thinking for next February) but they aren't.
I know how you feel. I keep looking at the prices for our trip to Portugal even though I am not in a position to buy them even if the prices became fantastic . I hope your tickets go down soon!!

My Blog: Have Budget Will Travel

Riles_and_Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #77
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

We added an extra day after we booked ours too - that's always a fun call to make And I'll admit, I was probably the most excited that it gave me 3 more meals to plan - it's so hard to leave any place out!!!

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA
Upcoming Trips: 10/14 - POR | 12/14 - WL | 7/15 - ASMusic | 11/15 - FW Campground
gtpoohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #78
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpoohbear View Post
We added an extra day after we booked ours too - that's always a fun call to make And I'll admit, I was probably the most excited that it gave me 3 more meals to plan - it's so hard to leave any place out!!!
I am so glad I am not the only one that feels this way. I was so excited to think I would get 3 more meals and 4 more snacks between the 2 of us!! Your trip is coming up soon. You must be so excited!!

Old 04-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #79
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

I don't think I have ever made so many lists in my life. I am constantly writing out lists to plan out the meals. I think I am going to feel very lost after April 22nd when I make my reservations. What I am going to do all day long if I don't have lists to make ?

Here is my most recent list...don't worry in the next 10 minutes it will probably change.

Saturday: Arrival Day
Dinner: Art of Animation

Sunday: Epcot
Breakfast: Captain's Grille
Lunch: San Angel Inn
Dinner: Chefs de France

Monday: Hollywood Studios
Breakfast: Hollywood & Vine
Lunch: The Brown Derby
Dinner: Sci-Fi Drive In

Tuesday: MNSSHP
Breakfast: Snacks in the Room
Lunch: Food & Wine Festival
Dinner: Pecos Bill

Wednesday: Animal Kingdom
Breakfast: Tusker House
Lunch: Sanaa
Dinner: Boma

Thursday: Magic Kingdom
Breakfast: Cinderella's Round Table
Lunch: Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner: 'Ohana

Friday: Disney Quest/Departure Day
Breakfast: Kona Café
Lunch: T-Rex Café
Dinner: Airport

What do you guys think? I am also considering:

Narcoossee's
Raglan Road
Fulton Crab House
Bongo's Café
Paradiso 37
Kona Café (for lunch)
Grand Floridian (for breakfast)
'Ohana (for breakfast)
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Jiko
Flying Fish
Kouzzinna
Le Cellier

So what do you guys think? Should I swap out any of the meals with any that I was considering? Even though I am going to be eating every other hour, there are so many places I want to try. Even with the places I am trying, there are several options I would love to get. I wish I was traveling with another adult so we could share stuff and I could sample. Somehow I think I am going to pass on the 4-year olds food.

I am getting excited because I am really close to our actual day's hours being released on Disney World's Website. I want to see the official hours.

As you can probably see, I have decided to add a MNSSHP day. I wasn't going to but after reading so many TR and PTR with people planning on going, I decided I didn't want to miss out. I think it will be fun to plan our costumes. I am thinking we could do some type of matching theme. Plus it will give us extra time at Magic Kingdom.

I am still sticking with just the base tickets. I will try to set aside the money so when we get to the park, if we want to add it on we will just do it there. I am hoping we will be happy with the base tickets instead.

I have also upgraded my photo bucket account. I am now paying $2.99/month for 20 GB. I hate to do it, but I haven't even gone on the trip and I am already almost up to my limit. So since I brought it up...I mind as well get my money's worth and make you guys look at some pictures

Our big snowstorm from March!

Mustache or no Mustache...coolest cup ever!

Easter Morning...great score!

Best Train set!

Kiddie Jail

Ok...that's all I have for now. I will let you know as soon as I make any decisions or more likely than not, I will be back to ramble!

Old 04-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #80
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Great resturant choices!!!

I always give 2 big for Ohana breakfast. But it's my favorite breakfast on property.

The ones you have are lots of the ones on my 'tentative' list..... which is ever changing as well. Need to nail it down in the next 30 days when it's ADR time!!!
Tinker326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #81
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

I had to break down and pay photobucket for more space too.

Kouzzina was fantastic, we really enjoyed it. We had dinner there and I would love to try their breakfast!

Raglan Road is on my list as well!

I seriously do not know how you are going to eat that many meals! Oh it will be such fun to try though!

MNSSHP is FANTASTIC. We loved it and have gone twice.
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #82
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I had to break down and pay photobucket for more space too.

Kouzzina was fantastic, we really enjoyed it. We had dinner there and I would love to try their breakfast!

Raglan Road is on my list as well!

I seriously do not know how you are going to eat that many meals! Oh it will be such fun to try though!

MNSSHP is FANTASTIC. We loved it and have gone twice.
You and me both! I have no idea how we will eat that much food but we are going to give it a good college try!!

Old 04-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #83
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

I forgot to post it...but as of yesterday, we are down to 190 Days!!!!!!!!

My other big news is that I changed my flights again!! I think I have now officially tried out every possible flight option. Thank Goodness for Southwest and no change fee. We are now going to fly out of Boston at 6:50 AM and will arrive in Orlando at 12:40. We will still keep our original evening flight on Friday the 25th and fly to Providence. My very nice Mom has offered to come to RI to pick us up. I love that Woman!!!! I can't believe how amazing she is.

I am excited to get the extra time in Disney on Saturday. I think we will spend that evening in Epcot or Magic Kingdom. I am leaning towards Epcot though, because I would like to eat at San Angel Inn that night.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:35 AM   #84
indimom
Are We There Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riles_and_Gabe View Post
I forgot to post it...but as of yesterday, we are down to 190 Days!!!!!!!!

My other big news is that I changed my flights again!! I think I have now officially tried out every possible flight option. Thank Goodness for Southwest and no change fee. We are now going to fly out of Boston at 6:50 AM and will arrive in Orlando at 12:40. We will still keep our original evening flight on Friday the 25th and fly to Providence. My very nice Mom has offered to come to RI to pick us up. I love that Woman!!!! I can't believe how amazing she is.

I am excited to get the extra time in Disney on Saturday. I think we will spend that evening in Epcot or Magic Kingdom. I am leaning towards Epcot though, because I would like to eat at San Angel Inn that night.
Sounds like a great plan!
Aren't parents great, always seem to come through in a pinch!!
Old 04-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #85
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

I am now down to 2 more nights until I can make my ADR's. I can barely contain my excitement!!!! I seriously could care less what I am eating tonight or next week but for 6 nights in October, that is all I can think about. I have spent hours pouring over pictures, menus, and reports of Disney Restaurants. I think I have my list pretty narrowed down and will do my last few tweaks this weekend. The one request Gabrian has is to eat with the Princesses. So my #1 priority is to get a reservation at Akerhuse. I was so surprised that is what he asked for. I also want to do Hollywood & Vine because he loves Disney Jr. On Monday, I will post the reservations we have made.

My other big news is..........wait for it.......................................

wait for it................................................ .....................................

I changed our flights again

I am so going to make Southwest regret that they gave me no change fee's on flights. We are now going to fly in and out of Manchester, NH. We will arrive now at MCO at 2:00 PM which is about an hour later than originally scheduled but now we don't need to leave our house at 2:15 AM to get to Boston. We won't have to leave until about 7:00 AM, which means I won't be nearly as exhausted.

It is exciting times in our house!!!!

Old 04-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #86
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

ALERT......ALERT................ALERT............. ....ALERT......................ALERT

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We changed our flights again since the last time I updated a couple of hours ago.................

The flights going into Portland, ME from Orlando just went down in price. So at least when I fly home, I will only be a couple of minutes from home. Now I am going to stalk Southwest (as if I wasn't already doing that ) to see if I can get our initial flights out of there as well. Fingers crossed!!

Old 04-22-2013, 02:27 AM   #87
indimom
Are We There Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riles_and_Gabe View Post
ALERT......ALERT................ALERT............. ....ALERT......................ALERT

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We changed our flights again since the last time I updated a couple of hours ago.................

The flights going into Portland, ME from Orlando just went down in price. So at least when I fly home, I will only be a couple of minutes from home. Now I am going to stalk Southwest (as if I wasn't already doing that ) to see if I can get our initial flights out of there as well. Fingers crossed!!

Your flight changes are like my resort changes. I rebooked our last trip to Universal about six times before settling on the cheapest deal I could locate.
This time I changed dates and had to change our resort reservations twice.

But, I think you've officially got me beat! Good Luck Stalking an even Better Deal!
Old 04-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #89
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by indimom View Post

Your flight changes are like my resort changes. I rebooked our last trip to Universal about six times before settling on the cheapest deal I could locate.
This time I changed dates and had to change our resort reservations twice.

But, I think you've officially got me beat! Good Luck Stalking an even Better Deal!
Quote:
I have never heard of so many flight changes. You are the reason that most airlines don't do flight changes, I bet!
I know!!! I swear Southwest is going to start blocking me from their website soon. They are going to be like geez...that girl Megan the changer is back

Old 04-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #90
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

Today was my 180 day mark!!!! Which means I got up at 5:45 AM this morning to make my reservations!!!! I got everything I was really hoping for and even surprised myself with some!!

Saturday: Magic Kingdom
Lunch: Paradiso 37 - 11:45 AM
Dinner: 'Ohana - 8:05 PM

Sunday: Hollywood Studios
Breakfast: Hollywood & Vine - 8:05 AM
Lunch: Sci-Fi - 12:45 PM
Dinner: Wolfgang Puck - 6:00 PM

Monday: Epcot
Breakfast: Akershus - 8:30 AM (this is the one Gabrian wanted. He wants to eat with the Princesses)
Lunch: Food & Wine Festival
Dinner: Raglan Road - 7:00 PM

Tuesday: Disney Quest
Breakfast: 'Ohana - 8:30 AM
Lunch: T-Rex - 1:00 PM
Dinner: Bongo's Cuban Café - 6:25 PM

Wednesday: Magic Kingdom
Breakfast: Crystal Palace - 8:05 AM
Lunch: Trail's End - 12:35 PM
Dinner: Be Our Guest - 6:35 PM (this is the one I was surprised about. I was pretty sure I didn't want to go here but I couldn't resist when I found a spot available. Even if we don't love the food, I think we will love the atmosphere).

Thursday: Animal Kingdom
Breakfast: Tusker House - 8:00 AM
Lunch: Sanaa - 12:00 PM
Dinner: Boma - 6:30 PM

Friday: Epcot/Departure Day
Breakfast: Kona Café - 8:00 AM
Lunch: San Angel Inn - 12:50 PM

What do you guys think? I am really pleased with my reservations. I am sure I will do lots of re-thinking before the trip but over-all I am really pleased. I am thinking about leaving on Friday (I know shocker...changing flights again). I would either stay off-site or at one of the All Star's. Just so we can get the whole day there on Saturday.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: