Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #61
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

I am as undecided as ever. I have been making list after list of potential dining options and running different scenarios. Who would have ever thought I would obsess so much over 5 days worth of dining I have started a couple of word documents going on my computer so as I read of great ideas (mostly food I want to try), I can keep a running list of it. Before this I would jot it down on a piece of paper and then lose the paper. I decided to be a little more organized so I wouldn't forget stuff.

I have decided (or least I am strongly leaning towards) getting the park hopper and adding on a 5th day to the passes. I still think on the last day we will go to Disney Quest and walk around Downtown Disney before we have to leave for the airport. However, on the day we arrive I think I would like to go to a park in the evening. When we arrive we would check out the resort and go swimming in the afternoon but then head to a park in the evening.

I am considering the park hopper because I like the flexibility it would give us. I would like to leave the parks in the afternoon after lunch and have down time at the resort for a nap and swimming. Then I would like to head back to a park in the evening. I was having a difficult time planning things like Animal Kingdom because they close fairly early. This would allow us to go back there more than once if we felt that we missed out on stuff.

I feel like I haven't posted any pictures lately, so I will leave you with a few:

(Doesn't that just make you feel like being in Disney!!)

My Blog: Have Budget Will Travel

Riles_and_Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #62
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

Non-Trip Related Update

This handsome guy is turning 15 on 4/16. I have no idea how the time went by so fast!!

I have been struggling for weeks on what to get him for his birthday. I hate buying video games. They are so expensive and he seems to beat them so fast. Plus, I would like him to start developing different interests.

When I turned 15, my Mom took me to NYC for my birthday for the weekend with some friends. It was such a wonderful birthday and I felt so special. I wanted to create something similar for Riley on this 15th birthday too!!

Finally inspiration struck today Riley's favorite performer is Bruno Mars. I googled him and he is going to have a concert in Boston on 6/26. I was able to get 2 tickets for us to see him. They are not great seats but I think since it will be Riley's first concert he won't even notice. I can't wait for his birthday to give him his present!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 03:23 PM   #63
tink519
Mouseketeer

That's so much fun! He will love it .
May 2012: HHI ~ October 2013: OKW
2013 PTR: Looking for a creative title :)

2011 Trip Report: It's a Gluten Free World After All: March 2011! ~ Gluten Free Dining Review 2011
tink519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #64
1000HappyWishes
I know every mile will be my worth my while.

As a person who is turning fifteen later in the year, tickets are DEFINITELY a good way to go. Happy early birthday to your son!

WDW: 2001, 2003, 2013
Disneyland: 2007
Universal: 2013
1000HappyWishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #65
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink519 View Post
That's so much fun! He will love it .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000HappyWishes View Post
As a person who is turning fifteen later in the year, tickets are DEFINITELY a good way to go. Happy early birthday to your son!
Thanks guys!! I am really excited for his birthday now. I am trying to think of creative ways of giving him the tickets. I was thinking of giving him a cork board with the tickets pinned to them. I would wrap the cork board and see how long it took him to realize the tickets were on it.

I would welcome any ideas for a more creative approach!

Old 03-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #66
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

What a great gift! I just took Savannah to Taylor Swift and we didn't have super close seats but it didn't matter at all! It was fantastic, I'm sure he will LOVE that!

As for your plans, HOP! HOP! HOP! Ok, I'm obsessed with hopping. I have no idea why, but it just makes me feel like I'm not locked into anything and have more freedom.
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:27 PM   #67
1000HappyWishes
I know every mile will be my worth my while.

Maybe you could a do a scavenger hunt sort of dealio? Make a bunch of clues so he has to find the tickets, and at each clue leave another small gift? I dunno. I'm a naturally curious person so that's what I'd like, but you know your son best.

WDW: 2001, 2003, 2013
Disneyland: 2007
Universal: 2013
1000HappyWishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:39 PM   #68
indimom
Are We There Yet?

Love the choice for the 15th birthday! He'll love it! When you love the group, there's no such thing as a "bad" seat!
I like the cork board idea!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #69
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

following along. You will love AoA. Part of our Party stays there for our September trip and they really love it. We went over and toured the resort last year and our DS8 thought it was awesome.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #70
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
What a great gift! I just took Savannah to Taylor Swift and we didn't have super close seats but it didn't matter at all! It was fantastic, I'm sure he will LOVE that!

As for your plans, HOP! HOP! HOP! Ok, I'm obsessed with hopping. I have no idea why, but it just makes me feel like I'm not locked into anything and have more freedom.
I really do think I will go with the park hopper and add on the 5th day to our passes. I don't want to add it yet because then all my hard work of paying off the package will seem depressing as the amount goes back up. Every week, whatever I have left from our weekly budget, I have been throwing it on the balance of the trip. This weekend I was able to get it under $1500...ok it was $1499 but it still counts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000HappyWishes View Post
Maybe you could a do a scavenger hunt sort of dealio? Make a bunch of clues so he has to find the tickets, and at each clue leave another small gift? I dunno. I'm a naturally curious person so that's what I'd like, but you know your son best.
A scavenger hunt is a really great idea! I think it would be fun for me to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indimom View Post
Love the choice for the 15th birthday! He'll love it! When you love the group, there's no such thing as a "bad" seat!
I like the cork board idea!
Agreed!! I know he is going to be so excited!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsenquiz View Post
following along. You will love AoA. Part of our Party stays there for our September trip and they really love it. We went over and toured the resort last year and our DS8 thought it was awesome.
I am so glad you are joining in. I am so excited for AoA but I am trying not to get too attached because I am willing to change plans if I can get a good savings somewhere else.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #71
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

Addicted to Southwest

I have recently become addicted to Soutwest. I had realized when I booked my tickets, that you are able to make changes on Southwest without incurring any charges. I am now checking fares several times a day. I alternate trying to save money and trying to find flights I like better.

My preference would be to fly out of Portland, ME instead of having to drive to RI. However, the flights at this point are quite a bit more and to fly the times I would prefer are super pricey!

I also would like to alter the dates a little. If I had my choice the trip would be Sunday - Friday. This helps a little in the cost of the hotel. And for some reason I just like the sound of those dates better.

That is all I have for now...I have to go back to checking Southwest

Old 04-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #72
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riles_and_Gabe View Post
I have recently become addicted to Soutwest. I had realized when I booked my tickets, that you are able to make changes on Southwest without incurring any charges. I am now checking fares several times a day. I alternate trying to save money and trying to find flights I like better.

My preference would be to fly out of Portland, ME instead of having to drive to RI. However, the flights at this point are quite a bit more and to fly the times I would prefer are super pricey!

I also would like to alter the dates a little. If I had my choice the trip would be Sunday - Friday. This helps a little in the cost of the hotel. And for some reason I just like the sound of those dates better.

That is all I have for now...I have to go back to checking Southwest
Oh I know the feeling! Since we travel quite a bit, I almost always have at least one upcoming trip with Southwest booked, so I am on there several times a week, just in case! I was so excited a few days ago that a flight I had booked dropped by $8. Yeah.... $8. But hey, for several people it adds up, lol! I do hate flying anyone else now though, because I've gotten spoiled by the flexibility.

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA
Upcoming Trips: 10/14 - POR | 12/14 - WL | 7/15 - ASMusic | 11/15 - FW Campground
gtpoohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #73
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

Ok...this is not a real update except we are down to 200 days!!!!!

Old 04-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #74
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

Very exciting news!!! I have been messing around with Southwest all week long and today I had the bright idea to add on a day. We are now staying October 19th -October 25th. Our flight in comes in a little later in the day but we have the same flight time on the way home. The benefit of the later flight is that we can drive to the airport the day of instead of having to drive in the night before.

I called Disney Reservation Center today and was able to add the additional night and an extra day on the park passes. Now I have an extra 3 meals to obsess over planning. The only thing that stinks that is my balance is pretty much back to where it started. Now I have to work at chipping it away again.

I think with our extra day, we will use it to have a low key day. We will sleep in and have lots of pool time. I probably will use that day to go to the Food and Wine Festival for our lunch. We may also go to one of the miniature golf places. I was struggling when to fit our free passes in before so I am glad to have this extra time.

I wouldn't mind getting tickets to the La Nouba show. Speaking of which, has anyone seen the Living Social deal for tickets to there? I was so bummed out that they were only good until June. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they may offer them again.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:40 AM   #75
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Yay for an extra day!!!!!! Glad you got the flights all worked out. I keep peeking at prices, thinking they might go down (wishful thinking for next February) but they aren't.
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: