Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
disneygkt
Earning My Ears

Tomorrowland terreace fireworks dessert party

My DH and I are going to spend our 14th anniversary in WDW. We have been several times with our children but this is our first trip for just the two of us!! Totally excited can't wait to go. But I'm looking for something different to do on the evening of our anniversary. We have dinners booked and most itinerary planned out. Is it worth the extra expense for the dessert party? I was really hoping the California grill would be open.

DD DM DS 16 DD 10
disneygkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
Mrs D
I realize most people don't hear editing

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygkt View Post
My DH and I are going to spend our 14th anniversary in WDW. We have been several times with our children but this is our first trip for just the two of us!! Totally excited can't wait to go. But I'm looking for something different to do on the evening of our anniversary. We have dinners booked and most itinerary planned out. Is it worth the extra expense for the dessert party? I was really hoping the California grill would be open.
I have not done the dessert party but have tried to book it several times. It would be something special to do. I've heard it's not the very best view of the fireworks but a fun atmosphere.
Another option would be a fireworks cruise.
Maybe check out Narcossee for dinner if Cali Grill is still closed. We got a window seat and could see fireworks and the music was piped in. Not the same fab view as the Cali Grill though...
One last thought of a fun thing to do together would be a tour. The Keys to the Kingdom tour is fun.

WDW, Frozen Summer Fun & Diagon Alley! Aug. '14**Ultimate Orlando w/WDW, WWoHP&Legoland + First DCL!!Jan '14**Princess Half Marathon Feb '12 AKV**Oct. 12 DL for Halloween Time!**Apr. 12 Pop/AKV, F&G fest+ 80th bday**Leap Day! 24hrs in MK & CR!**June 11-Pop & SWW**Oct. '10 Pixie Dust!Upgraded to GF!! Wine & Dine Half Relay!**Dec. 09 Christmas at Pop**Feb. 09 Girls Only BDAY trip@BWV!** Sept. 08 First trip for the little ones - VWL** Numerous trips throughout childhood.
Mrs D is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
disneygkt
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for those ideas. Wev are planning on doing the keys to the kingdom tour. I like the idea of the fireworks cruise:-)

DD DM DS 16 DD 10
disneygkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #4
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

For more information on the Dessert Party, take a look at the 3 threads in my signature. Not sure when your vacation is, but the month of April just opened up for reservations. Reservations have been opening up about 30 days out for the past few months. If you subscribe to the 2nd thread on my signature, you'll be able to get a better idea when your month will open up.

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #5
MrsBoyer428
Mouseketeer

I would absolutely do California Grill. We went on our honeymoon. The food is amazing, the view is great and they turn down the lights and pipe in the music for the show.

Because we've done that, I may Tomorrowland for the next time, but I highly highly highly recommend California Grill.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #6
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Welcome!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #7
mariapicardikenyon
Mouseketeer

Fireworks cruise is amazing! Wishes dessert party not so much.