Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 06:10 AM   #16
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Yes! Let's try! I've posted my itinerary on my PTR - I believe I have it linked in my Table of Contents (I better double check)... If not, I will do that this morning. Then you can see if any of our days overlap. I'd love to do a meet!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #17
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Yes! Let's try! I've posted my itinerary on my PTR - I believe I have it linked in my Table of Contents (I better double check)... If not, I will do that this morning. Then you can see if any of our days overlap. I'd love to do a meet!

D~
I read a lot of your PTR, but wow that is alot of pages. I am still catching up, but I did just review your agenda. Nothing on target with our plans yet, but I also change mine. I am going to try to eat at BOG for lunch one of the days, so we may be at MK more days than I was planning. We shall see.

BTW, I love the new peace bag. I have an old peace, love & mickey mouse hat I refuse to give up. It is sooooo old. But, I love it so much, can't bring myself to part with it.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #18
Deesknee

We could do it. We had enough points for a studio in August for the 3 of us. For SIX nights!! WOOHOO. So, I began to look at airfare. Our van was too old to make the trip I was afraid. So, now the challenge was the airfare. I knew we had some credits in my Jetblue account left over from when our November trip’s prices went down after I had booked. But, there was no way we could get 3 tickets round trip. So, I began to watch the airfares. I hadn’t made the DVC ressies yet, because I wanted to make sure we could afford the airfare. Then it happened. $79. Airfare from Providence to Orlando! I checked the credits and I had enough for 2 flights. 2… shoot. If only I could get 3. Then maybe, just maybe I could justify buying the return flights. So, close. Providence isn’t our favorite airport, but it is doable. If only I could get 1 more. Just for kicks and giggles I checked my Jetblue reward points. I had enough! With about 1500 left over! I couldn’t believe it! I booked right then and there 3 flights from Providence to Orlando. ON HER ACTUAL BIRTHDAY! Well, I already had a scheme in the works. Whenever we ask our sweetie pie what she would like for dinner she comes out with, “Tonys”, or more recently “Be Our Guest”, or “Caseys” hot dogs. So, DH & I decided we would tell her we will take her wherever she wants to go for dinner since it is her big 1-0 bday. She is sure to say one of the Disney restaurants. So, we will be all packed and take her to the airport! I became so very very excited. DH too was thrilled with the idea. Then the problems arouse….

Old 03-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #19
Deesknee

1st problem school.... When did school start again? Once upon a time it was after Labor Day, but I am certain that is seldom the case any more. So... if it is the 26th or before... we would have to cancel or try to reschedule.

speaking of school our area was canceled yesterday because of this...

total on my deck was 23 3/4"

Old 03-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #20
Deesknee

Well, the sun and high 40 degree temps melted alot of the snow today.
The sun shining in the windows got me a bit in the mood to write, so this maybe long...

Here I was with the tickets to Orlando. No room booked yet, so that was of course the next thing to do. Then the return flight tickets. We won’t need passes as the 3 of us have AP’s. So, after the return flight tickets it will be booking dining.
Which dvc room to stay? I logged on again to the dvc website and began the search for the special birthday trips lodging. I love OKW. But, then again we usually have 6 of us, so the extra large room and full size washer and dryer are selling points within their own right. This time however it would just be the 3 of us. Studios don’t have washer/dryer. If I had 1 wish to change about a studio it would be to put a washer/dryer set up in it. But, things are things & I will just have to use the laundry facilities once or twice before coming home. I hate coming home from vacation and having to spend the next couple days catching up on laundry. Plus I HATE packing dirtly laundry.
So, back to resort choosing. Let’s review our choices. AKL,(animal kingdom lodge, BCV(beach club villas), VWL(villas wilderness lodge) which we have never stayed at.
Then there is OKW (Old key west)(as previously stated one of my favorites),

BWV(boardwalk villa)- which we love too. We stayed in a studio for a couple nights our last trip and loved it very much. The close location to EPCOT and DHS is a huge plus. Especially if we don’t rent a car.

BLT(baylake tower) – also a plus with walking distance to MK. Room views are beautiful

SSR(Saratoga springs resort) – our home resort and we will make our initial reservation here to ensure we have something in the studio category for our dates. With DVC you can book your “home resort” 11 months out. Other resorts booking are allowed at 7 months out. So on occasion the choice resort may not be available at the 7 month window. So, the plan is to book SSR, then at 7 months attempt to get our 1st choice. If we can’t SSR is nothing to sneeze at. We enjoy it very much and it is walking distance to DTD. Which is a very peaceful walking trail.

sorry, this isn't the most lovely of SSR pictures, but for some reason I didn't take a photo of the outside of SSR & the we stayed in a GV last trip so most of the interior photo's, well... they wouldn't reflect our option for this trip very well.

Last edited by Deesknee; 03-09-2013 at 11:32 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:35 AM   #21
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Great pictures, I finally got to see you!! I am loving that you are surprising your daughter. I am so sorry about the losses your family has had to endure. Great prices on the airfare, free is good .

I can't wait to see where you end up stay, we have never been to SSR. Bill is too addicted to the Boardwalk area when we rent points.
mrsksomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #22
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I love your resort choices... It it definately my dream to some day own at a DVC resort, but I have come to the conclusion, that it probably won't happen until the girls are on their own, as all I will ever be able to afford is a studio for a week (or maybe a bit longer) - but it's so hard to justify since DH would not go with me - so this would definately be a selfish splurge... But it's my dream to stay at all of the above resorts you've mentioned and then some. LOL

I can't wait to see which resort you end up with.

Oh and I can't believe your flights worked out so perfectly! Awesome! That is going to be the most amazing surprise for your dd!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #23
Deesknee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Great pictures, I finally got to see you!! I am loving that you are surprising your daughter. I am so sorry about the losses your family has had to endure. Great prices on the airfare, free is good .

I can't wait to see where you end up stay, we have never been to SSR. Bill is too addicted to the Boardwalk area when we rent points.
Thank you. I was so happy with the free flights. I am one of those people that seldom get to actually USE the frequent flyer miles. I am always just short when they expire. And, I must admit, they are not totally free, as we had paid JB money initially for our lasts flight, they just credited us our own money back when the flight prices decreased. BUT, I'LL TAKE IT! Certainly feels like free!! We have only stayed at BW 2x. once when our older kids were very young. And this past time. Both times we love it, and I will certainly try to go back there. We keep saying we want to try every DVC resort on WDW property. But, they keep making more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I love your resort choices... It it definately my dream to some day own at a DVC resort, but I have come to the conclusion, that it probably won't happen until the girls are on their own, as all I will ever be able to afford is a studio for a week (or maybe a bit longer) - but it's so hard to justify since DH would not go with me - so this would definately be a selfish splurge... But it's my dream to stay at all of the above resorts you've mentioned and then some. LOL

I can't wait to see which resort you end up with.

Oh and I can't believe your flights worked out so perfectly! Awesome! That is going to be the most amazing surprise for your dd!

D~
When first reading this I was going to list all the reasons YOU should buy dvc. Then I read about your DH not going with you (forgot about that). Guess that might be difficult to justify. Unless.... he did something like....buy a motorcycle. You have been so forth coming in offering to help me about my old sewing machine (even if I haven't taken you up on it yet), if you ever want to "talk" dvc, just sent me a note. I would love to give you my honest input. Although, I am not nearly the expert some are around here.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #24
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Whew!! You were busy this weekend!! Great prices on the airfare! Any of those resorts sound lovely!

Your DD will be so excited to get to DIsney on her birthday!!! What a wonderful gift!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:46 AM   #25
Deesknee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
Whew!! You were busy this weekend!! Great prices on the airfare! Any of those resorts sound lovely!

Your DD will be so excited to get to DIsney on her birthday!!! What a wonderful gift!
she will be so excited....if we can pull this off. Because of my disability I often do my updates in small segments on Word, then copy & paste them on the disboards when there is a decent update. Well, I was on word updating when nosey nelly came over. I'm pretty certain she didn't read it, but whew was that close. Plus one of the triplets is terrible at the whole secret thing. I can't tell you how many times he has on Christmas morning said thank you to me or DH for something Santa has given him.

Now I take a break then log onto word to write more. Perhaps another update this afternoon.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #26
Deesknee

Well, when I went over to start an update on Word, I became aware I had already started one. So, without further a due..

As I research each DVC resort DH & I teeter back and forth on whether to try a new resort or stick with a tried and true one. DD loved BLT, but after comparing those points to other dvc resorts they are are extremely high, and that would mean we would have less nights to stay. So DH & I decide that is out. 1 down 6 more to go. We look into BCV as we have heard wonderful things, we have never stayed there so it would make the trip a little extra memorable. But,. No ressies available for our time frame in a studio. 2 down. Now, we begin to compare a couple different point values as the other resorts are pretty much equal in interest. Some of the point values are pretty equal so we are able to eliminate OKW & SSR. Which means 4 down 3 left to decide from. Those 3 are BWV, AKL, and VWL. Tough call. We all very much enjoyed BWV. But availability is not there for the entire stay. VWL would be more for DH & my comfort not DD’s, so AKL is the choice. now if we can get AKL which building. Both have studios. So, with the help of the disboards I begin more research.
After reading on the disboards, figuring the exact dvc points it would take we have chosen……

Old 03-11-2013, 08:19 AM   #27
Deesknee

okay, that was just mean.

AKV - Jambo deluxe studio. No guaranteed view of the Savanah, but disboarders mostly agree, most rooms have a decent view in the Jambo studio.

But, when I go to make the reservations....AKL Jambo studio. There is not one available our entire stay, so we waitlist. Before the end of the day, our waitlist has come through! YAY WE have AKV Jambo deluxe stsudio from August 20th-26th.

So, on now to the flights home.
I decided to wait on the airfare, as there are no great deals. There is actually another reason I am waiting also. Well…2 others.
We live about in the middle of Logan airport Boston & TFG in Providence RI. TFG is about an extra ½ hour drive. We prefer and are more familiar with Logan. However, when I got the tickets we were planning on leaving our van at Providence long term parking. It is MUCH cheaper than Logan parking. The tix themselves were a few dollars/points cheaper, but very little. It was mainly the parking that was the deciding factor. sorry, but slightly However, as some of you may know… the day my Dad died (1 month ago) our mini van did as well. Apprx. $8000. Repair. My Dad owned a Mercedes Benz. His pride and joy. He had said on many occasions that car was to be mine someday. My brothers, DH, nephews, kids and I all laughed saying, “yeah, he is leaving it to the ONE that doesn’t drive so that the car is always prestine.” I had not intention of accepting it. My brother or nephew have a great foundness for automobiles. To me it is a form of transportation. It should go to one of them. We were on the way home from picking up DS#2 from college, just hours after my Dad passed and our mini van broke down. 164,000 miles on it. We waited in the rain for hours for AAA, (a total of 4 ½ to be exact) to show up. Thankfully, I had called my 2 DB’s who had brought me Dad’s car. I called AAA who told me to leave the keys locked in the car & they would take care of getting it to our garage.(so actually, we waited 4 ½ hours and they still had not shown up!, but I digress) When my 2 DB’s got to us, my DB showed me that Dad had already signed the car over to me. Very touching. Dated the day Dad had come out of ICU. When we all thought he was going to make it. But, Dad knew at best he would no longer be driving. So, long story short. We now own my Dad’s baby child. His Mercedes. (not that any of you probably care but, I did sign over 2/3rs of the book value of the care from any inheritance I may get to my 2 DB’s. although they both are trying to refuse it.)THAT will not be staying in long term parking. I can’t even get the heart to trade it in for a new mini van. Which is probably what we should own. Haha
Any way, back to our trip. Since I will not be leaving the MBZ in long term parking, we may as well at least come home to Logan in Boston. That being said, there are somewhat substantial price differences flying in on the 26th vs. the 27th. And by substantial I mean…if you x3 of us. Do you see where I am going on this?????

Old 03-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #28
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great pics!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #29
Deesknee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great pics!
thanks! and Welcome

Old 03-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #30
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Ooooh AKL!!! That sounds heavenly!!

How sweet of your dad to leave you his car, especially such a nice one!! I can understand not wanting to leave it in long term parking or wanting to trade it in.

So about the airline tix.......Oh boy so are you adding a night??? That's what I would do!!! No need to save money when you can just spend it at Disney right??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: