Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
DynamicDisney
Earning My Ears

Akershus AND CRT??

Hello. First post on here! I have been lurking for a few weeks. We're planning our first family trip here for April, and I have a question. I have dinner ressies at Akershus on night 1, and dinner at CRT on our final night. In your opinion, are both of these good to keep? I have heard mixed reviews about the food at CRT, and good reviews about Akershus. I am torn if we should do both. I would probably just go with Akershus, but is the experience of eating in the castle worth the "expense" (on the DDP), and the duplication of princesses??
DynamicDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #2
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicDisney View Post
Hello. First post on here! I have been lurking for a few weeks. We're planning our first family trip here for April, and I have a question. I have dinner ressies at Akershus on night 1, and dinner at CRT on our final night. In your opinion, are both of these good to keep? I have heard mixed reviews about the food at CRT, and good reviews about Akershus. I am torn if we should do both. I would probably just go with Akershus, but is the experience of eating in the castle worth the "expense" (on the DDP), and the duplication of princesses??
I feel the opposite. We enjoyed CRT much more than Akershus, both in experience and food. Especially food. Akershus was easily one of our worst Disney meals. Granted, we only ate at Akershus once (and for us, that was enough) and we have eaten at CRT three times, all times being a nice experience.

I don't regret trying Akershus, because we now know what it's all about but that being said....I'd take CRT over Akershus any day. You could keep both, just for sake of comparison.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
WinterSux
Earning My Ears

Hmm, I have ADRs for both too, both at lunch. I've tried CRT at lunch, and thought the food was excellent. I haven't tried Akerhsus and have heard mixed reviews but really do want to tryit. Never considered canceling one, but then my little girl LOVES princesses...would love to hear other's opinions of doing both!

WinterSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #4
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

I did breakfast at both of them in January and they felt like very different experiences, despite the duplication of princesses. The menus are different, the settings are different, the photo package is with different characters, etc.

I don't know what the food's like at lunch and dinner but I really liked the stuffed French toast at CRT. It was my second-favorite breakfast at WDW.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #5
msyjoa
MJ

We are actually booked at both for our trip in August. DD loves all things princess, so from that standpoint, we are keeping both. It will be our first trip, so it gives me a comparison as well.

If you keep both, post back your thoughts!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: