Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #16
hookedonears
Louisianan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsheer25 View Post
I have no idea what I was thinking when I did this and I am so angry at myself for not thinking it through BUT here is the situation. We fly in and land at 11:05, we have lunch at Royal table booked for 1:30. We have to take magical express to French Quarter and then get to MK. Is there any possibility that we will make it?

I just called Royal Table and of course they are totally booked the rest of our trip:-( Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
If you really want to eat at CRT, this can all be done with no problem. You’re going to have to forego the Magical Express, though and rent a limo (or town car). We always do and wouldn't do it any other way. It's a little pricey, but well worth it. The driver waits for you with a card with your name on it at the bottom of the escalators at MCO. You'll get your luggage and head straight to your resort. They'll store your luggage for you until you return later and you can check in then. The Limo companies always allow one stop. You can talk to them and see if they'll allow your one stop to be your resort. The Limo driver may then take you directly to the MK. If you're interested, call Happy Limo for prices. They're great. Mention MouseSavers and they'll give you a 5 or $10 discount. You could possibly work out a way to do the Magical Express on your way back.
hookedonears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #17
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If your flight is delayed at all you are out the entire cost of the meal. The best you can do is hire personal transportation and hope the flight is not delayed. Even then, because you still have to drop off your luggage at POFQ you probably won't be going directly to TTC. If you're on the dining plan you have to go to POFQ and check in before you get any of your dining credits to use. Or if you have park tickets as part of a package - you will have to go to POFQ first and wait in line if there is a line to check in.

If you rent a car, you can drive directly to MK (you'd park at TTC and take either the monorail or ferry in - you can't park right at the MK gates), unless you want to use dining credits for the meal or need package park tickets.

Personally, if it were me, I'd cancel.
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #18
disndatworld
Mouseketeer

I respect anyone who lays out meals as 1st priority
Old 03-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #19
NorthernBuckeye
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post
1900Park Fare or Akershus? I think those two are just as good.
IMHO this is your only option, Royal Table is non-refundable.
NorthernBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #20
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janepod View Post

Also:
  • Do carryon luggage only, so you're not waiting at baggage claim. Every minute counts.
  • As soon as you get your keys, send the fastest runner in your group ahead.
  • Call CRT to let them know you're running late.

Good luck!
I thought on ME you don't get your bags from baggage claim. I was told you go right to the ME check-in. This is as long as you used the claim tickets sent to you by ME.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #21
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Assuming you need to pick up your tickets at your resort, no, this is cutting it too close.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at the Beach Club!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #22
detarica
Mouseketeer

The reservation people on the phone with you can only do so much from their call center. I would try calling the hotel concierge desk ahead of trip and ask for help. They may have creative suggestions for you. Tell them you are not having a magical day and need their help. Some people have told me that telling a cast member at WDW that you are not having a magical day is a phrase that gets big results. Never tried it before because I haven't really needed it.
detarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #23
roomthreeseventeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by detarica View Post
Tell them you are not having a magical day and need their help.
Oh, my, I can think of so many real life situations where this would come in handy.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #24
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernBuckeye View Post
IMHO this is your only option, Royal Table is non-refundable.
It is if you don't cancel at least the day before.

Because there's now some vagueness associated with the policy for cancellations I'd give it 24 hours but you can get a refund if you cancel it on time. But if you don't cancel it and are a no-show, you're out the full cost of the meal (not just the $10 per person you get at most other restaurants).

Quote:
I thought on ME you don't get your bags from baggage claim. I was told you go right to the ME check-in. This is as long as you used the claim tickets sent to you by ME.
I think one of the things it's been agreed upon on the thread is that they're not likely to make it if they use DME. If they arrange private transportation they will have to get their own luggage.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #25
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsheer25 View Post
I have no idea what I was thinking when I did this and I am so angry at myself for not thinking it through BUT here is the situation. We fly in and land at 11:05, we have lunch at Royal table booked for 1:30. We have to take magical express to French Quarter and then get to MK. Is there any possibility that we will make it?

I just called Royal Table and of course they are totally booked the rest of our trip:-( Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
If you can't change your dining reservation then I really doubt that you can get there in time, even if you hire a limo. The chances of failure are pretty good. I think you are just going to have to add this to your list of things to do next time. It really isn't the end of the world, when you look at the big picture.

My husband would be extremely angry if I dragged the family around trying to get to a dining reservation.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 03-01-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #26
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

If you do opt to take a cab to the resort, drop bags and go straight to the MK have them take you to the Contemporary, not to the TTC or you're at the mercy of a ferry or monorail. Have the drop you at the farthest part of the Contemporary so you can walk to the MK.
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #27
Tinkh
DIS Veteran

I would call Cinderella's table and ask the personally the policy of getting charged if you are late. I have had to check in late to reservations once or twice and it wasn't a big deal. Either way your card would be charged, so maybe they will tell you that IF you are little late that it will be ok. Worth a try.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #28
kandb
DIS Veteran

Easy. Put the ME tags on your luggage, they will automatically bring your luggage to your resort. Get off the plane and get a taxi straight to MK. Enjoy your lunch, leave, check into your hotel, tell them to deliver your luggage and then go back to MK at night if you want.
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #29
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
Easy. Put the ME tags on your luggage, they will automatically bring your luggage to your resort. Get off the plane and get a taxi straight to MK. Enjoy your lunch, leave, check into your hotel, tell them to deliver your luggage and then go back to MK at night if you want.
Only if you already have park admission tickets. If not you have to check in to get them.
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #30
roomthreeseventeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
This does not work if OP's theme park tickets are at the resort.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: