Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
bartleby1
DIS Veteran

Free dining question...

We will be going to disney for two weeks in August. If free dining isn't available until our second week, would we be able to book a room only discount for the first week (without tickets) and the free dining package (with tickets) for the second week BUT then get our tickets for the package a week early? Has anyone ever been able to do this? I highly doubt free dining will be available the first week we go but we would need our tickets the first week.
bartleby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

No, you can't get package tickets a week early. If you are able to pick them up early (and so far it seems like you can) the limit seems to be three days early.
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
bartleby1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
No, you can't get package tickets a week early. If you are able to pick them up early (and so far it seems like you can) the limit seems to be three days early.
Thank you! Not the answer I was hoping for but at least I know to make other plans. Maybe we'll do Universal, Seaworld, and Legoland the first week and only do Disney the second week instead of Disney for both weeks if Disney doesn't want our money, LOL!
Old 03-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post
We will be going to disney for two weeks in August. If free dining isn't available until our second week, would we be able to book a room only discount for the first week (without tickets) and the free dining package (with tickets) for the second week BUT then get our tickets for the package a week early? Has anyone ever been able to do this? I highly doubt free dining will be available the first week we go but we would need our tickets the first week.
Some people get around the restrictions by booking separate reservations. You could even take a few days off site between WDW resort stays. In order to qualify for free dining, your resort check in day has to fall within the free dining dates.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #5
bartleby1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Some people get around the restrictions by booking separate reservations. You could even take a few days off site between WDW resort stays. In order to qualify for free dining, your resort check in day has to fall within the free dining dates.
I guess I could but then I'd be paying for two sets of 5 day tickets rather than one set of 10 day tickets which would be significantly more money. If I have to do that, I may as well take advantage of the time that first week and go do something else.

Regardless, we'll have a good time whether we spend all of our time at disney or break it up by doing something else the first week. All depends on the discounts offered! Waiting for the discounts...
Old 03-03-2013, 07:53 PM   #6
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

You could book your first stay with the full days amount of tickets and the 2nd portion of the stay with 2 day tickets per person and save those for a future trip.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: