Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
bartleby1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Northern Jersey
Posts: 2,029

Free dining question...

We will be going to disney for two weeks in August. If free dining isn't available until our second week, would we be able to book a room only discount for the first week (without tickets) and the free dining package (with tickets) for the second week BUT then get our tickets for the package a week early? Has anyone ever been able to do this? I highly doubt free dining will be available the first week we go but we would need our tickets the first week.
bartleby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 58,385
DISboards Moderator

No, you can't get package tickets a week early. If you are able to pick them up early (and so far it seems like you can) the limit seems to be three days early.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
bartleby1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Northern Jersey
Posts: 2,029

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
No, you can't get package tickets a week early. If you are able to pick them up early (and so far it seems like you can) the limit seems to be three days early.
Thank you! Not the answer I was hoping for but at least I know to make other plans. Maybe we'll do Universal, Seaworld, and Legoland the first week and only do Disney the second week instead of Disney for both weeks if Disney doesn't want our money, LOL!
bartleby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 3,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post
We will be going to disney for two weeks in August. If free dining isn't available until our second week, would we be able to book a room only discount for the first week (without tickets) and the free dining package (with tickets) for the second week BUT then get our tickets for the package a week early? Has anyone ever been able to do this? I highly doubt free dining will be available the first week we go but we would need our tickets the first week.
Some people get around the restrictions by booking separate reservations. You could even take a few days off site between WDW resort stays. In order to qualify for free dining, your resort check in day has to fall within the free dining dates.
__________________
~ Sue


Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #5
bartleby1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Northern Jersey
Posts: 2,029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Some people get around the restrictions by booking separate reservations. You could even take a few days off site between WDW resort stays. In order to qualify for free dining, your resort check in day has to fall within the free dining dates.
I guess I could but then I'd be paying for two sets of 5 day tickets rather than one set of 10 day tickets which would be significantly more money. If I have to do that, I may as well take advantage of the time that first week and go do something else.

Regardless, we'll have a good time whether we spend all of our time at disney or break it up by doing something else the first week. All depends on the discounts offered! Waiting for the discounts...
bartleby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:53 PM   #6
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,109

You could book your first stay with the full days amount of tickets and the 2nd portion of the stay with 2 day tickets per person and save those for a future trip.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.