DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #16
Jasonkat
Mouseketeer

Whether it's used-car purchases, home purchases or DVC I just pay whatever the seller is asking. It's easiest this way and much less of a hassel.
Jasonkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #17
MickeyFan612
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonkat View Post
Whether it's used-car purchases, home purchases or DVC I just pay whatever the seller is asking. It's easiest this way and much less of a hassel.
Not I- If I didn't negotiate on big purchases I'd feel I failed as an American
I also love coupons and believe you can get 20 percent off nearly everything if you put forth the effort!
MickeyFan612 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #18
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

The only concern I have is with where you got your numbers. ROFR board is a small fraction of properties being sold and is filled with mostly people who feel they got a deal. I have been looking on and off for about a year at BWV contracts - serious looking with the okay to buy this past month. I have called on at least 10 BWV contracts that were sold the day they were listed and I have yet to see anyone on ROFR boards with these contracts. The contracts listed price ranged from 59.00 PP to 68.00 PP for BWV.
I have spoken with 2 of the major resellers and both have said they have not sold BWV for less then 55.00 PP in the past year, yet that is most of the data from the board. I am not doubting the deals are out there and people are getting them but it is a small percentage vs. what the real market is doing IMO.

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #19
kenspidey
Mouseketeer

I have to agree. I know I have to be patient but I have made offers on both BWV and BCV a couple of dollars over these ROFR threads and I am not even getting counteroffers..... And these are on stripped contracts too...the real going rates seem to be about 72 BCV and 67 BWV for a smallish contract (150)
kenspidey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: