Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #466
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,509

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
FINALLY after THREE torturous weeks with NO movement on the scale, it was down by 2 full pounds today. I'm not sure why my body decided on a three week plateau - guess it is as stubborn as I am - but I am glad that I didn't give up and kept trying to make good choices and keep moving despite the lack of scale movement. My clothes fit the same, so I couldn't even convince myself that muscle was replacing fat. Frustrating! I appreciate this thread so much - I know I don't post here much, but I do read it and am so inspired by everyone's posts.
Congratulations on busting that plateau! And most of all, congratulations for sticking with it even when the going got tough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
In healthy foods related news.... This morning i made homemade cashew milk, buckwheat pancakes from scratch and a dairy free, plant based chocolate/banana pie- made with a nut date crust, silken tofu filling, Banana layer and berry topping. I'll let you know how it tastes!
Sounds yummy! Let us know how it turns out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Ladies and gents I am officially down 20 pounds!!

I feel like its taken forever and I do get frustrated because its a pound here and 1/2 a pound there but I also feel like I'm not neglecting myself and my food soul. I am a foodie, I will always be a foodie but now I don't need to eat a pound of chocolate in a sitting. I can indulge in one thing and then get right back on track again.
Woot on the 20 pounds, Buffy! I think you definitely could do the Dopey but you will want to get that knee fixed ASAP. If you want to wait a year to warm up, there is always Princesspalooza 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
I know what you mean about the Dopey. It doesn't sound like the best of ideas, but I'm counting down the days to registration! I just hope I am still upright and uninjured by the time it is over.
It would be tough but you could do it with a lot of training and going into it knowing that you are just there to finish and not set any records.

Linda, your hike sounds like fun, well, except for the bug part. The bugs are out here, too, it is kind of a surprise seeing them after they have been gone all winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
3 Gorgeous babies. 1 orange and white, a grey tabbey and a black and white. Misty did fantastically. Will post pics later!

thanks for the
Congratulations on your three little ones and Misty doing well. What a relief for all of you!

Kim, glad the tornadoes were not around you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
QOTD:
What are the warning signs for you that you are maybe starting to lose your way on this lifelong journey? Is is eating more? Not journaling your food? Skipping workouts? Avoiding the scale? And the more important part of this.... HOW DO YOU GET BACK ON TRACK?
When I go off track usually the first thing will be eating something off plan. Or maybe a skipped workout. I've really had a hard time getting up for my early morning workouts since the time change. I have been journalling no matter how bad it is -- a lot of time I find it isn't as bad as I thought. That makes it easier to jump back in the wagon. To get back on track I think to myself "doing nothing didn't work out too well for you." There are a lot of folks stuck in a rut here and all over -- WW, Sparkpeople and even Jeff Galloway have been posting about regaining motivation. The best saying I read about that is "It's not perfection that works but persistence."
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #467
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,763

Good morning all! Back from my crazy weekend. It was fun, but a strange feeling to have all of that time to myself. While it was nice to relax, it definitely felt like a WASTE of time. I guess I am just a bit too Type A to be able to relax that much.

Emails are read and caught up (lots of them!). I'll read here to catch up and then time to hit the TM!................P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #468
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,763

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
When I go off track usually the first thing will be eating something off plan. Or maybe a skipped workout. I've really had a hard time getting up for my early morning workouts since the time change. I have been journalling no matter how bad it is -- a lot of time I find it isn't as bad as I thought. That makes it easier to jump back in the wagon. To get back on track I think to myself "doing nothing didn't work out too well for you." There are a lot of folks stuck in a rut here and all over -- WW, Sparkpeople and even Jeff Galloway have been posting about regaining motivation. The best saying I read about that is "It's not perfection that works but persistence."
Love that quote!! I could use it right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
In healthy foods related news.... This morning i made homemade cashew milk, buckwheat pancakes from scratch and a dairy free, plant based chocolate/banana pie- made with a nut date crust, silken tofu filling, Banana layer and berry topping. I'll let you know how it tastes!
Sounds yummy! Did you make the cashew milk to use in the pie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Magdalene you look amazing!!!!

I took some pics when I was pitching dress clothes. Need to find the pics from BFF's wedding to show some before and afters.

Love to see them!

*******************
Ladies and gents I am officially down 20 pounds!!

I feel like its taken forever and I do get frustrated because its a pound here and 1/2 a pound there but I also feel like I'm not neglecting myself and my food soul. I am a foodie, I will always be a foodie but now I don't need to eat a pound of chocolate in a sitting. I can indulge in one thing and then get right back on track again.
My chiropractor did the ideal protein diet and I toyed with the idea but when he told me he got to phase 3, which was maintenance mode, and he could have fruit again. I was like what?? No fruit for 3 months?? No thanks!!
Anyway, I'm rambling and I need to get moving on chores.
I hope everyone has a good day!!
I'm going to go mull over the dopey. I'd be really stupid to do it, but man I really want to.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
WOOHOOO on the 2 pounds!! And I agree... no fruit for 3 months!!!???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
I was figuring maybe walk the 5k and the 10k then interval the 1/2 and the full. I could possibly do it. My intervals at this point are 14-15:30 minute miles. I haven't done more than 5 1/2 miles though. I'd really have to kick it up a notch.
But I'm having issues with my knee and my chiro thinks it could be my meniscus so I'm going to call my dr this week and have him refer me to ortho. I don't want to mess around if it is my meniscus.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
Let me know how the knee is after you see the doc! Prayers coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
Just finished a great 3.5 mile hike on Mud Mountain!!! We went a little late so the bugs hiked with us, lol But at the end, we felt awesome!!

Hope you all are having a great Sunday!!!
That does sound like fun! Wish I could have done a beach walk this weekend, but too wimpy to walk on the beach with 20 degree temps (with wind chill, of course. ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
3 Gorgeous babies. 1 orange and white, a grey tabbey and a black and white. Misty did fantastically. Will post pics later!

thanks for the
YEAH for kitties!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Happy Monday everyone! I hope you are all starting the new week with lots of energy and enthusiasm!

Thanks for all your compliments about my pictures! I just wanted to make clear that this is more my overall weight loss success fo far, not just the 30 Day Shred. However, I can highly recommend it for toning - I never thought I would lose so many inches in such a short amount of time!

Did not manage to get my run in yesterday as it is bitterly cold and windy outside. So instead I started the Ripped in 30 yesterday. Some things I felt very confident about - but then she once again has those side lunges, which I am too uncoordinated to do properly... Felt so stupid. Hopefully I will be able to tackle them this time!!

You could figure out something similar you could do when she is doing the side lunges.


I also got so annoyed with my weight swings that I decided to order a new scale to make sure that it is not the scale. Will be interesting to compare the results from two different scales...

Will be back later with replies, but here is your question of the day - which I stole from the archive because I thought it was such a great question:

QOTD:
What are the warning signs for you that you are maybe starting to lose your way on this lifelong journey? Is is eating more? Not journaling your food? Skipping workouts? Avoiding the scale? And the more important part of this.... HOW DO YOU GET BACK ON TRACK?
I lose my way when one "bad" meal or one (or two or three) missed workouts start me on a downward spiral. I KNOW things are bad when I have two blank pages in a row in my food journal.

I get back on track (usually) by going back to my week one strategies.... weigh/measure EVERY SINGLE PORTION, journal EVERY SINGLE BITE, stick with CLEAN EATING (fruits, veggies, lean protein, green tea, low carb), and back to basic workouts (lots of cardio).

I have a number on the scale that is my number. If that number shows up, I know it is time to re-evaluate what I've been doing. I also have a number.... thankfully I haven't seen that number in several years, but if I did, I think I would have to do some SERIOUS thinking... maybe start sign up with a trainer and dietician?? Anyhow, my new job won't allow me to get to that number very easily, so for NOW I'm not terribly worried. But that shows up pretty easily if I've had an off week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
FINALLY after THREE torturous weeks with NO movement on the scale, it was down by 2 full pounds today. I'm not sure why my body decided on a three week plateau - guess it is as stubborn as I am - but I am glad that I didn't give up and kept trying to make good choices and keep moving despite the lack of scale movement. My clothes fit the same, so I couldn't even convince myself that muscle was replacing fat. Frustrating! I appreciate this thread so much - I know I don't post here much, but I do read it and am so inspired by everyone's posts.
WOOHOO on breaking through the plateau without giving up!!

*************************

Okay folks. I think I've pretty much caught up. I see I have many messages in my PM box, so hopefully that means that most of you were able to send in your weight!

The house is a DISASTER, but I told myself that I MUST, MUST, MUST get in a decent amount of cardio today, so I am going to put on blinders and ignore the mess for now, put a movie in the DVD player, pull out the TM, and get moving! I KNOW I will feel better when I do!

Just a reminder to my friends regarding the PM I sent out last week.... please continue to vote for DD daily! Just 19 days left to vote!

TTYL.........................P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #469
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!
 
BernardandMissBianca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Blink and ya miss it, CT
Posts: 23,297
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
3 Gorgeous babies. 1 orange and white, a grey tabbey and a black and white. Misty did fantastically. Will post pics later!

thanks for the
Can't wait to see!!!!
I'd swipe the grey tabby or an orange one if I were closer.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
__________________
~BuffyDHDS18DS13DS12DD8
Focus your attention.
BernardandMissBianca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #470
nocomment711
Ces Soirees-La
 
nocomment711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 335

Hit the 15 pound mark this morning!

Ive had issues though with not being hungry. -.-

We'll see how long it lasts.
nocomment711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #471
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,763

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Can't wait to see!!!!
I'd swipe the grey tabby or an orange one if I were closer.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
And I'd take the black and white.... she'd be all set! Too bad you can't send kittens via UPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomment711 View Post
Hit the 15 pound mark this morning!

Ive had issues though with not being hungry. -.-

We'll see how long it lasts.
I occasionally go through "not hungry" days.... but they are few and far between and it usually means that I've just been too busy to think about food.

Congrats on the 15 pounds! That is a HUGE accomplishment!!

**************

Morning all! The day totally got away from me and I didn't hit the TM until nearly lunchtime. I had intended to do a full hour, but am still going through bouts of the vertigo and at about the 27 minute mark I got dizzy enough to want to hold onto the TM, so I got to 30 minutes and stopped for now. If I feel okay after lunch, I may attempt an additional 15 or even 30 minutes.

I DID pick up the living room and dining room and cleaned 2 toilets.... I just could not make myself ignore the mess. But I did ignore 2 loads of laundry to fold (I'll do it tonight while I watch DWTS), the dirty kitchen floor, and the unmade beds in my kids rooms.

Lunch is a stir-fry of red bell peppers, broccoli slaw, baby spinach with light organic tofu as my protein. I drizzled just a bit of teriyaki sauce and soy to flavor it up. I was going to have a salad, but it is cold here today and I wanted a warm lunch. I'll have a grapefruit for dessert.

Dinner tonight will be pasta for the kiddos and a chef's salad for DH.... I will have a salad with some protein, but not meat. Trying for a "mostly meatless Monday" again, but it is so hard with DH not eating carbs, tofu, or beans.

Off to finish my lunch and boil eggs for the chef salad! TTYL.........P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #472
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.
 
PlutoBaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 984

Thought I'd do a quick pop in after lunch and let you all know I think I almost conquered the steel cut oats thing yesterday. As the kitchen is just one of those rooms in the house I hardly pay attention to, (thanks to the DH usually doing all the cooking as he's home before I am), I got up yesterday and decided to pay it a visit longer than 10 minutes. I found what sounded like an easy WW recipe and had all the ingredients ready to go. Let's just say the first batch wound up down the sink - way too soupy. And even though I kept stirring, there was still some unidentifiable sticky stuff at the botton of the pot.

So round two - less water and more oats. Those Irish oats are pretty funny looking - I checked the label to make sure it didn't say bean bag stuffing! After turning on another burner to boil some eggs - and not realizing I had turned on the wrong burner which still had a cover on it (that smoker went right out the back door!) - I could honestly say the second batch came out much better than the first. I actually could have used a little more water as they came out just a tad crunchy. But, when I warmed them up with some apples this morning, they were perfect. But who knew that one cup was 14 WW points!! Yikes!!
__________________
www.blackdogrunsdisney.com

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #473
50sjayne
DIS Veteran
 
50sjayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Eugene Oregon
Posts: 1,793

Hey. got caught up on my phone and don't know how to text so replying wasn't possible...

Guess I'll tell you our story.
Both Thursday and Friday Misty started following me around the house like a puppy. I had a cold so I didn't go work out so was just hanging out. Friday she also started getting into every cupboard and drawer I opened lol. I slept with her those nights too-finally giving up needing sleep- I slept in our room. Checked on her about 2 am, husband was in room with her and said she kept going from her box to the bed back and forth. I left him in there lol until about 5 am then took over. She got into bed with me and kicked around under the covers-- I was so tired I just decided if she wanted to give birth in the bed with me-- fine. Then she went to her box. About 8 am I heard her cry a little so got up and stayed with her while she went into labour and she gave birth to the little black and white. She did everything she was supposed to do absolutely stellar so I sat and waited for the next. After about about a half hour of her just cleaning the kitten I got up and got a bagel and some coffee and sat down with her again. Still nothing so I went and got ready for work. Had to work at 11:30, called and told them I might be late but after getting ready (checking on her every few minutes) she still hadn't shown any more signs of labour so got husband up and left him in charge. Called a few times to see if more had come and no-- so about 2:30, panicked, and went home for lunch. Was on the phone with the Emergency vet telling them what was going on and whether I should bring her in (3 minutes after I got home) and she promptly had a contraction. I was home for about 2 hours and she had 2 kittens. I had to go back to work then-- no one else could work--and finished my shift as quickly as possible, calling a few times to find out no more labour. When I got home she was definitely done-- no more babies in her. And we have 3 pretty and healthy kids!
__________________
It's snowing in Disneyland!
50sjayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:49 AM   #474
Lindaland
Mouseketeer
 
Lindaland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 485

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomment711 View Post
Hit the 15 pound mark this morning!

Ive had issues though with not being hungry. -.-

We'll see how long it lasts.
Great job on the 15 pounds!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
I'd swipe the grey tabby or an orange one if I were closer.
I feel the same!! A little orange kitten would be so great!! Good luck to you all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Thought I'd do a quick pop in after lunch and let you all know I think I almost conquered the steel cut oats thing yesterday. As the kitchen is just one of those rooms in the house I hardly pay attention to, (thanks to the DH usually doing all the cooking as he's home before I am), I got up yesterday and decided to pay it a visit longer than 10 minutes. I found what sounded like an easy WW recipe and had all the ingredients ready to go. Let's just say the first batch wound up down the sink - way too soupy. And even though I kept stirring, there was still some unidentifiable sticky stuff at the botton of the pot.

So round two - less water and more oats. Those Irish oats are pretty funny looking - I checked the label to make sure it didn't say bean bag stuffing! After turning on another burner to boil some eggs - and not realizing I had turned on the wrong burner which still had a cover on it (that smoker went right out the back door!) - I could honestly say the second batch came out much better than the first. I actually could have used a little more water as they came out just a tad crunchy. But, when I warmed them up with some apples this morning, they were perfect. But who knew that one cup was 14 WW points!! Yikes!!
Alton Brown has a recipe for crock pot steel cut oats. Then you just set it up at night and its ready when you wake up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Happy Monday everyone! I hope you are all starting the new week with lots of energy and enthusiasm!
QOTD:
What are the warning signs for you that you are maybe starting to lose your way on this lifelong journey? Is is eating more? Not journaling your food? Skipping workouts? Avoiding the scale? And the more important part of this.... HOW DO YOU GET BACK ON TRACK?
I know I have started slipping when my "free day" starts to become a "free weekend!!" That's mostly where warning bells go off! I don't always do the same workout every day and with RA flare-ups some days I just don't workout. And I am pretty much crap with a journal! Also I only weigh once a week, I get way too caught up (and neurotic) in the ups & downs of daily weights.
As for getting back on track, I generally forgive myself and start over. After all, the weight didn't get on overnight and it wont come off overnight either. Also, having a "free day" once a week (or free meal as it has recently turned into) really helped with the urge to "cheat" and then let it cascade downhill. Having a day that I can eat whatever, wont destroy what I have done all week, and when I get a craving I just plan on having that on my free day. It actually makes it easier to stay on my diet/lifestyle change because I never feel deprived!!


Well that's all for tonight, hope you all have a great day tomorrow!!!
__________________
Me DD


Last edited by Lindaland; 03-26-2013 at 02:01 AM.
Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:32 AM   #475
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran
 
Flossbolna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 6,715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
I know I have started slipping when my "free day" starts to become a "free weekend!!" That's mostly where warning bells go off! I don't always do the same workout every day and with RA flare-ups some days I just don't workout. And I am pretty much crap with a journal! Also I only weigh once a week, I get way too caught up (and neurotic) in the ups & downs of daily weights.
As for getting back on track, I generally forgive myself and start over. After all, the weight didn't get on overnight and it wont come off overnight either. Also, having a "free day" once a week (or free meal as it has recently turned into) really helped with the urge to "cheat" and then let it cascade downhill. Having a day that I can eat whatever, wont destroy what I have done all week, and when I get a craving I just plan on having that on my free day. It actually makes it easier to stay on my diet/lifestyle change because I never feel deprived!!


Well that's all for tonight, hope you all have a great day tomorrow!!!
Forgiving onself is an important thing! And I like your strategy of having that one splurge meal a week! Reminds me of why they say French women manage to generally be slim despite all the great food that is available in France: enjoy good food, but in moderation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Hey. got caught up on my phone and don't know how to text so replying wasn't possible...

Guess I'll tell you our story.
Both Thursday and Friday Misty started following me around the house like a puppy. I had a cold so I didn't go work out so was just hanging out. Friday she also started getting into every cupboard and drawer I opened lol. I slept with her those nights too-finally giving up needing sleep- I slept in our room. Checked on her about 2 am, husband was in room with her and said she kept going from her box to the bed back and forth. I left him in there lol until about 5 am then took over. She got into bed with me and kicked around under the covers-- I was so tired I just decided if she wanted to give birth in the bed with me-- fine. Then she went to her box. About 8 am I heard her cry a little so got up and stayed with her while she went into labour and she gave birth to the little black and white. She did everything she was supposed to do absolutely stellar so I sat and waited for the next. After about about a half hour of her just cleaning the kitten I got up and got a bagel and some coffee and sat down with her again. Still nothing so I went and got ready for work. Had to work at 11:30, called and told them I might be late but after getting ready (checking on her every few minutes) she still hadn't shown any more signs of labour so got husband up and left him in charge. Called a few times to see if more had come and no-- so about 2:30, panicked, and went home for lunch. Was on the phone with the Emergency vet telling them what was going on and whether I should bring her in (3 minutes after I got home) and she promptly had a contraction. I was home for about 2 hours and she had 2 kittens. I had to go back to work then-- no one else could work--and finished my shift as quickly as possible, calling a few times to find out no more labour. When I got home she was definitely done-- no more babies in her. And we have 3 pretty and healthy kids!
I am so glad that everything went well and the kittens look so cute!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Thought I'd do a quick pop in after lunch and let you all know I think I almost conquered the steel cut oats thing yesterday. As the kitchen is just one of those rooms in the house I hardly pay attention to, (thanks to the DH usually doing all the cooking as he's home before I am), I got up yesterday and decided to pay it a visit longer than 10 minutes. I found what sounded like an easy WW recipe and had all the ingredients ready to go. Let's just say the first batch wound up down the sink - way too soupy. And even though I kept stirring, there was still some unidentifiable sticky stuff at the botton of the pot.

So round two - less water and more oats. Those Irish oats are pretty funny looking - I checked the label to make sure it didn't say bean bag stuffing! After turning on another burner to boil some eggs - and not realizing I had turned on the wrong burner which still had a cover on it (that smoker went right out the back door!) - I could honestly say the second batch came out much better than the first. I actually could have used a little more water as they came out just a tad crunchy. But, when I warmed them up with some apples this morning, they were perfect. But who knew that one cup was 14 WW points!! Yikes!!
Glad you finally mastered them! I wish I could try them, but I just can't buy steel cut oats here in Germany... I know it is on the breakfast menu at Kouzzina in WDW, so am seriously considering making a point of eating breakfast there when I am at WDW in May to try them!! However, one cup for 14 points sounds more like something I ought to avoid!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Morning all! The day totally got away from me and I didn't hit the TM until nearly lunchtime. I had intended to do a full hour, but am still going through bouts of the vertigo and at about the 27 minute mark I got dizzy enough to want to hold onto the TM, so I got to 30 minutes and stopped for now. If I feel okay after lunch, I may attempt an additional 15 or even 30 minutes.

I DID pick up the living room and dining room and cleaned 2 toilets.... I just could not make myself ignore the mess. But I did ignore 2 loads of laundry to fold (I'll do it tonight while I watch DWTS), the dirty kitchen floor, and the unmade beds in my kids rooms.

Lunch is a stir-fry of red bell peppers, broccoli slaw, baby spinach with light organic tofu as my protein. I drizzled just a bit of teriyaki sauce and soy to flavor it up. I was going to have a salad, but it is cold here today and I wanted a warm lunch. I'll have a grapefruit for dessert.

Dinner tonight will be pasta for the kiddos and a chef's salad for DH.... I will have a salad with some protein, but not meat. Trying for a "mostly meatless Monday" again, but it is so hard with DH not eating carbs, tofu, or beans.

Off to finish my lunch and boil eggs for the chef salad! TTYL.........P
Sounds like a succesful day to me!! So what kind of non-meat protein did you add to your salad? I am still struggling with my protein... But I did start eating more eggs. When I get a salad at the work cafeteria I usually add a hard boiled egg to get in some more protein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomment711 View Post
Hit the 15 pound mark this morning!

Ive had issues though with not being hungry. -.-

We'll see how long it lasts.
Well done on the 15 pounds!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
I lose my way when one "bad" meal or one (or two or three) missed workouts start me on a downward spiral. I KNOW things are bad when I have two blank pages in a row in my food journal.

I get back on track (usually) by going back to my week one strategies.... weigh/measure EVERY SINGLE PORTION, journal EVERY SINGLE BITE, stick with CLEAN EATING (fruits, veggies, lean protein, green tea, low carb), and back to basic workouts (lots of cardio).

I have a number on the scale that is my number. If that number shows up, I know it is time to re-evaluate what I've been doing. I also have a number.... thankfully I haven't seen that number in several years, but if I did, I think I would have to do some SERIOUS thinking... maybe start sign up with a trainer and dietician?? Anyhow, my new job won't allow me to get to that number very easily, so for NOW I'm not terribly worried. But that shows up pretty easily if I've had an off week.

Going back to week one strategies is a great tip!

WOOHOO on breaking through the plateau without giving up!!

*************************

Okay folks. I think I've pretty much caught up. I see I have many messages in my PM box, so hopefully that means that most of you were able to send in your weight!

The house is a DISASTER, but I told myself that I MUST, MUST, MUST get in a decent amount of cardio today, so I am going to put on blinders and ignore the mess for now, put a movie in the DVD player, pull out the TM, and get moving! I KNOW I will feel better when I do!

Just a reminder to my friends regarding the PM I sent out last week.... please continue to vote for DD daily! Just 19 days left to vote!

TTYL.........................P
Glad that you did get your exercise in - sometimes that just has to take the priority over other things!!

Hope your DD is succesful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Good morning all! Back from my crazy weekend. It was fun, but a strange feeling to have all of that time to myself. While it was nice to relax, it definitely felt like a WASTE of time. I guess I am just a bit too Type A to be able to relax that much.

Emails are read and caught up (lots of them!). I'll read here to catch up and then time to hit the TM!................P
I think you might have felt the time as wasted because you had the down time because you were waiting for your daughter and it wasn't time you chose yourself to schedule at down time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
When I go off track usually the first thing will be eating something off plan. Or maybe a skipped workout. I've really had a hard time getting up for my early morning workouts since the time change. I have been journalling no matter how bad it is -- a lot of time I find it isn't as bad as I thought. That makes it easier to jump back in the wagon. To get back on track I think to myself "doing nothing didn't work out too well for you." There are a lot of folks stuck in a rut here and all over -- WW, Sparkpeople and even Jeff Galloway have been posting about regaining motivation. The best saying I read about that is "It's not perfection that works but persistence."
I love your quote!! Actually in the level 1 workout of the Ripped in 30 DVD which I am doing now, Jillian is saying more or less the same - it's not about perfection, but about the effort you put in. It always gives me a boost in motivation when I hear her saying that.

And I admire your persistence in journalling even the bad days!
__________________
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:52 AM   #476
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran
 
Flossbolna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 6,715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
It was great! And when you hike a place called "Mud Mountain" its pretty much implied! lol We just wear jeans & good boots! Now the bugs...... they were just annoying!! My fault for not going until 4:30pm!!
I sometimes think that the mud is part of the fun of hiking - if it isn't so much that you get wet feet. Whenever do you get to play in the mud anymore as an adult?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post

Actually she doesn't do many "pics", she now designs training gear for athletic dogs. She makes carpal wraps with leather backing, tug toys, cooling vests and flyball/walking harnesses. She still does some pics and loves to play with charcoal now and then, but nothing that she shows or enters in contests since she was in high school.


Sounds very interesting!! And I was more thinking of photos of the work she does (not painting pictures) anyway. So, if you have any, I would love to see them!

I love it this time of year!! However hiking in the German countryside has to be pretty amazing too!!

It is quite beautiful here where I live - there is an area called "Frankonian Switzerland" close by which has lots of rocks - but not any high mountains. I just think that America has much more spectacular landscapes overall.

Thanks! He has taken classes for the last 6 months and practicing with the team, but last night they told me he was officially part of the team and they wanted him to run in the next tournament!! Now I just need to get a passport since in our region most of the races are in Canada!

Sounds great!! And you get to do some travelling as well!

I would have to say Epcot! We went twice at Christmas and I loved all the decorations and the storytellers for each country. We even have a little Christmas tree we decorate with only ornaments from Epcot! It is also the main reason we are going for the F&WF!! Love experiencing a little bit of culture from around the world.
I would love to experience Epcot during Christmas time - mainly because of the storytellers, it sounds like a wonderful experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
I was figuring maybe walk the 5k and the 10k then interval the 1/2 and the full. I could possibly do it. My intervals at this point are 14-15:30 minute miles. I haven't done more than 5 1/2 miles though. I'd really have to kick it up a notch.
But I'm having issues with my knee and my chiro thinks it could be my meniscus so I'm going to call my dr this week and have him refer me to ortho. I don't want to mess around if it is my meniscus.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
I hope you can get your knee sorted out! And I am full of respect of anyone who dares to sign up for that race!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
I know what you mean about the Dopey. It doesn't sound like the best of ideas, but I'm counting down the days to registration! I just hope I am still upright and uninjured by the time it is over.
Wow - another one! As I said in my reply to Buffy - I am full of respect for anyone trying to do this race!!!

[QUOTE=araes2102;47895927]Original Disneyland for sure. Granted I have only been to DLR, but I think I will always love the original I thought I would love California Adventure more, being from Cali... I loved Paradise Pier, and Soarin is one of my favorite rides! Plus GRR is awesome.. and ToT... and DD loves Ariel so of course we ate at her Grotto and rode LM plenty... And of course WOC! But for me it comes down to the thought that was put into DL, the theming, the railroad and monorail providing transportation, the lushness of the grounds, and benches everywhere (CA seems surprisingly devoid of these things!). Plus I love the "classic" rides like Spalsh, POC, HM and all Fantasyland rides! But I will admit, CarsLand was very nicely done and adds a lot to CA!

Disneyland was the first park I ever visited as well - and I love it a lot, too. I guess for you it also holds a special personal moment since you got engaged there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
I took some pics when I was pitching dress clothes. Need to find the pics from BFF's wedding to show some before and afters.

I would love to see your pictures!!! I always find before and after (or during) pictures so inspiring!!
*******************
Ladies and gents I am officially down 20 pounds!!

Congratulations!!!

I feel like its taken forever and I do get frustrated because its a pound here and 1/2 a pound there but I also feel like I'm not neglecting myself and my food soul. I am a foodie, I will always be a foodie but now I don't need to eat a pound of chocolate in a sitting. I can indulge in one thing and then get right back on track again.
My chiropractor did the ideal protein diet and I toyed with the idea but when he told me he got to phase 3, which was maintenance mode, and he could have fruit again. I was like what?? No fruit for 3 months?? No thanks!!
Anyway, I'm rambling and I need to get moving on chores.
I hope everyone has a good day!!
I'm going to go mull over the dopey. I'd be really stupid to do it, but man I really want to.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
I very much agree with you that it is important to not neglecting your needs!

And I know what you feel about slow weight loss. I am struggling with that myself. But then look at where you are now as compared to those 20 pounds ago!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
I agree! You look awesome Floss! I think I might order one of her tapes!!

In healthy foods related news.... This morning i made homemade cashew milk, buckwheat pancakes from scratch and a dairy free, plant based chocolate/banana pie- made with a nut date crust, silken tofu filling, Banana layer and berry topping. I'll let you know how it tastes!
I really can recommend the 30 Day Shred, especially if you haven't done a lot of strength training. But I think the most important thing is to find a form of exercise that you are comfortable with and for me it was a great fit!

Your pancakes and your pie sound delicious. How was it?
__________________
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:03 AM   #477
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran
 
Flossbolna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 6,715

QOTD:

Do you have an exercise routine or do you just do whatever you fancy whenever you have time?
__________________
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:24 AM   #478
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Missouri
Posts: 44,997

Good morning and those kittens are so cute!!!!

QOTD? Exercise

Right now I have a minimal routine that I am following from my PT. It is a work in progress.

I am staying on track with maintenance, which is good, but I am going to try and push a bit for a at least a 1lb loss, despite my medical issues.

I am calling my PCP today to see if I can get some blood work done. My PT thinks I have anemia. We will see.

Have a great DAY!!!!
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #479
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.
 
PlutoBaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
QOTD:

Do you have an exercise routine or do you just do whatever you fancy whenever you have time?
Depends on the day. I found I do better when I stick to my schedule: is it running day, yoga, day, elliptical time, walking time, etc. My favorite though, when nothing else is planned, is to just take the Wonder Mutt and run her around for awhile until she gets "broke tongue". You know, hanging out the side of her mouth about 10 times bigger than normal, panting her little heart out, and smiling about as much as she can.

And OMG! Triple cute kittens!!!!!
__________________
www.blackdogrunsdisney.com

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:33 AM   #480
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,763

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Thought I'd do a quick pop in after lunch and let you all know I think I almost conquered the steel cut oats thing yesterday. As the kitchen is just one of those rooms in the house I hardly pay attention to, (thanks to the DH usually doing all the cooking as he's home before I am), I got up yesterday and decided to pay it a visit longer than 10 minutes. I found what sounded like an easy WW recipe and had all the ingredients ready to go. Let's just say the first batch wound up down the sink - way too soupy. And even though I kept stirring, there was still some unidentifiable sticky stuff at the botton of the pot.

So round two - less water and more oats. Those Irish oats are pretty funny looking - I checked the label to make sure it didn't say bean bag stuffing! After turning on another burner to boil some eggs - and not realizing I had turned on the wrong burner which still had a cover on it (that smoker went right out the back door!) - I could honestly say the second batch came out much better than the first. I actually could have used a little more water as they came out just a tad crunchy. But, when I warmed them up with some apples this morning, they were perfect. But who knew that one cup was 14 WW points!! Yikes!!
I PRESUME you mean 14 Points for a full uncooked cup??? I'm proud of you for tackling a cooking challenge! I HATE cooking, I'm terrible at it.... I have no natural knack for it.... but I am forced to do it EVERY DAY! So I feel your pain. Try making the steel cut oats in a slowcooker overnight. It works great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Hey. got caught up on my phone and don't know how to text so replying wasn't possible...

Guess I'll tell you our story.
Both Thursday and Friday Misty started following me around the house like a puppy. I had a cold so I didn't go work out so was just hanging out. Friday she also started getting into every cupboard and drawer I opened lol. I slept with her those nights too-finally giving up needing sleep- I slept in our room. Checked on her about 2 am, husband was in room with her and said she kept going from her box to the bed back and forth. I left him in there lol until about 5 am then took over. She got into bed with me and kicked around under the covers-- I was so tired I just decided if she wanted to give birth in the bed with me-- fine. Then she went to her box. About 8 am I heard her cry a little so got up and stayed with her while she went into labour and she gave birth to the little black and white. She did everything she was supposed to do absolutely stellar so I sat and waited for the next. After about about a half hour of her just cleaning the kitten I got up and got a bagel and some coffee and sat down with her again. Still nothing so I went and got ready for work. Had to work at 11:30, called and told them I might be late but after getting ready (checking on her every few minutes) she still hadn't shown any more signs of labour so got husband up and left him in charge. Called a few times to see if more had come and no-- so about 2:30, panicked, and went home for lunch. Was on the phone with the Emergency vet telling them what was going on and whether I should bring her in (3 minutes after I got home) and she promptly had a contraction. I was home for about 2 hours and she had 2 kittens. I had to go back to work then-- no one else could work--and finished my shift as quickly as possible, calling a few times to find out no more labour. When I got home she was definitely done-- no more babies in her. And we have 3 pretty and healthy kids!
How wonderful! So glad Momma Misty was able to do her proper job! And super happy you have three healthy kittens to love! Congrats! Photos are appreciated and adorable!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
Alton Brown has a recipe for crock pot steel cut oats. Then you just set it up at night and its ready when you wake up!

I was actually thinking of that! I have had great luck with the recipe I use, but I know a few others have tried it and it has overcooked. Maybe I'll look up Alton's recipe and see how it compares to mine.

I know I have started slipping when my "free day" starts to become a "free weekend!!" That's mostly where warning bells go off! I don't always do the same workout every day and with RA flare-ups some days I just don't workout. And I am pretty much crap with a journal! Also I only weigh once a week, I get way too caught up (and neurotic) in the ups & downs of daily weights.
As for getting back on track, I generally forgive myself and start over. After all, the weight didn't get on overnight and it wont come off overnight either. Also, having a "free day" once a week (or free meal as it has recently turned into) really helped with the urge to "cheat" and then let it cascade downhill. Having a day that I can eat whatever, wont destroy what I have done all week, and when I get a craving I just plan on having that on my free day. It actually makes it easier to stay on my diet/lifestyle change because I never feel deprived!!

You are so right.....having a splurge meal/day to look forward to (even if it is two weeks away) makes it much easier to stay OP on a daily basis!


Well that's all for tonight, hope you all have a great day tomorrow!!!
Hope today is good for you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Sounds like a succesful day to me!! So what kind of non-meat protein did you add to your salad? I am still struggling with my protein... But I did start eating more eggs. When I get a salad at the work cafeteria I usually add a hard boiled egg to get in some more protein.

I wasn't in a mood for tofu so I just had three hardboiled egg whites for protein. I also had a toasted low carb sandwich thin with a TB of peanut butter before bed because I realized I was waaaay under my Points for the day. Sometimes I have hummus with a salad or I toss a half a cup of beans on top (I do love beans ). You could also add nuts to your salad (although I prefer to eat them separately as a snack if I am going to indulge in nuts).


I think you might have felt the time as wasted because you had the down time because you were waiting for your daughter and it wasn't time you chose yourself to schedule at down time?

I just have trouble getting past everything that I "feel" needs to be done.... I kept thinking that maybe I should have driven home and spent the afternoon doing housework.

I love your quote!! Actually in the level 1 workout of the Ripped in 30 DVD which I am doing now, Jillian is saying more or less the same - it's not about perfection, but about the effort you put in. It always gives me a boost in motivation when I hear her saying that.

And I admire your persistence in journalling even the bad days!
Thanks for keeping us on track this week!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
QOTD:

Do you have an exercise routine or do you just do whatever you fancy whenever you have time?
Pretty much the second thing. Sometimes I plan on cardio, but I'm just not in the mood so I do strength... and sometimes the other way around. Sometimes I head out for a walk but end up running. I've GOT TO GO WITH what I feel like or else I just give up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
I am calling my PCP today to see if I can get some blood work done. My PT thinks I have anemia. We will see.

Have a great DAY!!!!
Yikes! Are you a vegetarian? I know that non-meat eaters can have issues getting enough iron. Get that checked out quick!


****************************

Morning all and a VERY HAPPY TUESDAY to everyone here! Sun is shining, but it is a cold day in the 30's and snow was flying around a bit earlier. Winter needs to say BYE-BYE!!

Skipped Bible Study today as they were doing a "March Thaw" day with crafts and such (a departure from our regular classes) and it wasn't interesting enough for me to drive the 40 minutes each way to attend. I'm sure it will be a fun day and I would have had a great time (lots of nice ladies), but I have enough to keep me busy here!

Vertigo is still an issue today. I'm going to take a decongestant this morning to see if that helps.

Any EASTER BASKET ideas? I'm just tapped out after 17 years of filling baskets! Usually there are a few practical things like toothpaste, hair elastics... plus one book or DVD, maybe some cash and a bit of candy (less candy of higher quality now that they are older)... plus something fun or silly (like a small stuffed animal or a cute flash drive)... but I just cannot think of anything to put in the baskets this year. I hate spending $$ on DVDs because unless it is a CLASSIC, we can always get it from Redbox. No need to OWN movies any more. No one has any books on their request list. Candy is bought already. School supplies are dull.

Well.... breakfast is eaten, dishwasher is emptied.... time to make the beds and hit the TM (after taking some decongestant to help with the dizziness!).

BBL to chat some more. Planning to update page one at lunchtime, so here is your LAST reminder to send in your weight from Friday!

Here is also ANOTHER reminder to VOTE FOR LAURA!! THanks............P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!

Last edited by pjlla; 03-26-2013 at 10:41 AM.
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.