Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #436
araes2102
Mouseketeer

QOTD: I love zumba, surprisingly enough because I am a klutz! But I usually chose the elliptical because I can only make to one class a week.

Had an awesome day today at the Renaissance Festival! Did lots, walked lots, spent lots! Got DD's hair braided into a "swirl" and it is amazing, wish I could braid like that! Both kids also got henna tattoos, which they love Saw the whip cracker and the joust to the death... awesome shows. I also got my first fitted toe ring which I love AND we all rode on an elephant, felt bad for the elephant, but they explained that the elephants work no more than 30 weekends per year plus half the money raised goes toward stopping elephant poachers in Africa, both the elephants they had were rescued themselves. So I felt a little better (if that is all true). Anyway, I still made good choices, walked 10000 steps at the festival alone, so I will probably get in 15000 steps today, and shared a turkey leg with the kiddos plus a small bit of pretzel and milkshake (plus a regular breakfast and snack on the way). Because I walked so much today I am actually way under on calories. I will need to ready a good dinner when we make it home!

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend too!!

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:08 AM   #437
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Afternoon all! Here I am in southern RI enjoying my alone time ! I killed a few hours at a thrift store and made a modest dent in my budget on some work clothes...some for spring and a few more wintery.....one dress, one skirt, two jackets, a few tops and cardigans, plus a pair of flats for DD...for about $65. One piece was a splurge at $15 but it was NWT and I loved it the moment I put it on. I realized as I was racing thru the store that life will definitely change when the kids are gone. After a few minutes of shopping like I was on a deadline I realized that NO ONE was waiting for me and I didn't have to rush anywhere for anything...it was a weird sensation!

I've only had one short text message from DD since I dropped her off at 10:45, so hopefully that means she is having fun and not that she lost her phone or something like that!

For lunch, after some trial and error, I finally stopped at a grocery store and picked up a hot chicken leg quarter and an apple (I had a bottle of water in the car already). I ate my tasty, warm, healthy, cheap lunch in the car while enjoying the radio. Still haven't decided what to have for dinner. I'm tempted to get something special like Mexican or Chinese, but that might not be possible if I am trying to stay OP and on budget. I AM going to enjoy a cocktail and a piece of chocolate after dinner as a splurge though .

Hope you all are having a great weekend! BBL to chat.........P
Sounds like a blast!! Great pick up for the clothes and great choices for food! When I first tried low carb I hated going out to eat, but you find what works (no matter what type of diet you are on) and it gets way easier, and most places are more than happy to make changes to suit your needs. Also great job being "on your own"! Its not one of my faves either, but it sounds like you are doing great, ENJOY YOURSELF!! Also, congrats on your DD, mine was not what you would call "studious" or even remotely athletic. However she is an exceptional artist and has started her own business (so to speak, lol still waiting for the $$ to roll in ) so I missed out on all the college weekends.

Hope your have a great time!!

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2013, 12:36 AM   #438
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Sorry for the double posting (don't know how to quote more than one person and then add my own! lol)

Had an awesome day today!! Managed to get back on my diet after yesterday's "free day" which I did turn into just a free meal. Stuck to my diet for Bfast before classes and then had just a nice salad for lunch. Then after getting a new living room set, we celebrated at Red Lobster!! Yep, had those yummy cheddar bay biscuits and the Bar Harbor Bake with lots of seafood and pasta. However I did order my rum with diet coke!! lol But got right back on the diet wagon today and had a great day. Found out that my dog Puck made it on the flyball team and will soon be competing in tournaments and doing demos around the area!!!

50sjayne, I hope your cat is doing good and I cant wait to see pics of the kittens!!!

araes2012, great job on the weight loss!!!!

For the QOTD, I would have to say its hiking. We dont get many nice days up here this time of year so its nice to get out and enjoy the mountains when they are "out", lol. Also, I do my bike and weights/floor work most days so its always nice to mix it up on my week off to take advantage of the beautiful PNW here.

Hope you all have a great night and a wonderful day tomorrow!!!

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:13 AM   #439
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland
Sorry for the double posting (don't know how to quote more than one person and then add my own! lol)

Had an awesome day today!! Managed to get back on my diet after yesterday's "free day" which I did turn into just a free meal. Stuck to my diet for Bfast before classes and then had just a nice salad for lunch. Then after getting a new living room set, we celebrated at Red Lobster!! Yep, had those yummy cheddar bay biscuits and the Bar Harbor Bake with lots of seafood and pasta. However I did order my rum with diet coke!! lol But got right back on the diet wagon today and had a great day. Found out that my dog Puck made it on the flyball team and will soon be competing in tournaments and doing demos around the area!!!
for the new furniture! for puck! And on your free meal, sounds delish and you did great getting right back on the wagon

Last edited by araes2102; 03-24-2013 at 01:02 PM.
araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:49 AM   #440
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
I'm at Epcot! Woo! Drove all night after dropping DDs off at Grandma's house...our BC villa isn't ready yet, so we're wandering. I have the Flower & Garden passport ready to go for our kiosk lunch in a few minutes, and the weather is glorious. I think I'm starting to relax.
Ahhh, sounds wonderful!!! We are supposed to GET SNOW HERE TODAY, like 12" (yeah right). Last year at this time I was planting flowers in my gardens.

Enjoy your trip!!!
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:56 AM   #441
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Thank you for coaching

QOTD~my danger zone is sweets, especially chocolate. I've tried to limit myself to just a small piece of candy during the day, but then I usually want more and eat 20! So, it's best for me to avoid all together. However, I am struggling with this right now. Stress from work is killing my eating. And, DSs went to a church Easter egg hunt today. They came home with a ton of candy. Luckily, I will take some of it to work or else we'd eat it all. I think they were able to get 63 eggs each!

What a succesful hunt!! And good luck with avoiding eating the candy! I have decided that besides the one bag of my favourite chocolate eggs which I already have (and which I will be sharing with my father), there will be no other easter candy for me this year!

My favorite is running. It's so peaceful to me. I wish I could find time to run more. I missed this whole week and had to substitute with my elliptical. It's just not the same. Hoping to get back on track this coming week.

Hope you will be able to get in some good runs!!

Hey everyone! Today has been a pretty successful day (not eating though). We went to an egg hunt, ran into the store to grab some meat & a prescription, put all my photos from our January trip into an album, made dinner, cleaned the windows in the living room, organized one cabinet in the bathroom (2 more to go), boiled eggs to color, made & ordered 2 coffee mugs online at Walgreens, and paid all my bills. It feels good to get things done! However, I didn't eat too good today and I did not get exercise yet. I'm planning on watching a documentary tonight that I want to show my high school students this week (I have to preview it~it's called Man on Wire) so I may do some light exercise & stretch real good.

Succesful days when you get a lof of stuff done are always good - hopefully having cleared all that will make your mind free to focus on your eating again!

It sounds like everyone is doing so well. I'm sorry for those having injury issues. I hope everyone heals up fast. Knock on wood...I've never had an injury that sidelined me, but I'm sure it is frustrating and tough. And, I'm anxiously awaiting those kitties

So, I am hosting Easter dinner this year. Typically, we have ham, kielbasa, haluski (with dumplings), a potato, salad, a veggie, and pies. My mom is making the ham, my sister is making the haluski and a cauliflower dish, so I am in charge of kielbasa, a potato, desserts, and drinks. I know I'll be making a peanut butter pie (requested by BIL), but I'll be hitting up Pinterest for other ideas. So, it's not a healthy dinner by any means, but it's a tradition for our family (from my grandma). Do you have plans for Easter dinner? If so, what do you typically have? I love new ideas! I know lots of people have lamb. Only me, BIL, and DH really like lamb, so we don't have it.

Ok, I have to get DS6 off the Wii. He is playing Wii Sports Resort and is having a blast, but it's time for a shower. We are going to try to make 8 am Palm Sunday service tomorrow. We'll see how this goes lol! I hope DSs get moving in the am!

Have a great evening

Jill
Sounds like a wonderful family Easter meal you have planned! I don't have any specific plans. Here the big Easter meal is usually a big Easter breakfast with eggs (of course), ham, sweet Easter bread (it is a braided loaf, sweet yeast dough with raisins and almonds in it) with butter and jam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Holy craziness batman. did y'all see the announcement for the Dopey race in 2014? 4 races, 6 medals.

I would sooooo love to do this. Don't think I could, but man oh man, this would be soooo cool!
I can't imagine I would be ever able to accomplish it - but if it is something you want to do, I would say go for it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
QOTD: I love zumba, surprisingly enough because I am a klutz! But I usually chose the elliptical because I can only make to one class a week.

So many people seem to love Zumba - maybe I ought to try it one day!

Had an awesome day today at the Renaissance Festival! Did lots, walked lots, spent lots! Got DD's hair braided into a "swirl" and it is amazing, wish I could braid like that! Both kids also got henna tattoos, which they love Saw the whip cracker and the joust to the death... awesome shows. I also got my first fitted toe ring which I love AND we all rode on an elephant, felt bad for the elephant, but they explained that the elephants work no more than 30 weekends per year plus half the money raised goes toward stopping elephant poachers in Africa, both the elephants they had were rescued themselves. So I felt a little better (if that is all true). Anyway, I still made good choices, walked 10000 steps at the festival alone, so I will probably get in 15000 steps today, and shared a turkey leg with the kiddos plus a small bit of pretzel and milkshake (plus a regular breakfast and snack on the way). Because I walked so much today I am actually way under on calories. I will need to ready a good dinner when we make it home!

Sounds like a fantastic day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
Sounds like a blast!! Great pick up for the clothes and great choices for food! When I first tried low carb I hated going out to eat, but you find what works (no matter what type of diet you are on) and it gets way easier, and most places are more than happy to make changes to suit your needs. Also great job being "on your own"! Its not one of my faves either, but it sounds like you are doing great, ENJOY YOURSELF!! Also, congrats on your DD, mine was not what you would call "studious" or even remotely athletic. However she is an exceptional artist and has started her own business (so to speak, lol still waiting for the $$ to roll in ) so I missed out on all the college weekends.

Hope your have a great time!!
What kind of art is it that your DD wants to sell? Do you have any pictures? I would love to see them!

Quote:

Multi-quoting is easy: Do you see the button next to the "quote" button at the end of the post with a little "+" sign in it. Hit this for every post you want to quote and then once you have marked them all, just hit the reply button and you will have all the quotes collected.

Congratulations to Puck! And you seem to be in a really good place with getting into new habits! Well done!

50sjayne, I hope your cat is doing good and I cant wait to see pics of the kittens!!!

For the QOTD, I would have to say its hiking. We dont get many nice days up here this time of year so its nice to get out and enjoy the mountains when they are "out", lol. Also, I do my bike and weights/floor work most days so its always nice to mix it up on my week off to take advantage of the beautiful PNW here.

I would love to visit the Pacific North West one day and go for hikes!! Sounds wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Ahhh, sounds wonderful!!! We are supposed to GET SNOW HERE TODAY, like 12" (yeah right). Last year at this time I was planting flowers in my gardens.

Enjoy your trip!!!
Here we are still having winter weather as well - at least not 12'' of snow!!! Just bitterly cold weather...

I hope for all of us that spring will finally get here soon!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #442
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Good Morning everyone!

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday! I promised you the results of the 30 Day Shred, so here they are.

First, it took me far more than 30 days to complete, to be precise 47 days. I started on February 4th. I did get sick with the flu, so missed one week for that and afterwards went back 5 days, so that is 12 days. The other five days were days that I missed for various reasons (travelling, feeling lousy thanks to ToM and then I must admit that last week I just could not face it anymore...). Still besides one day I always had a (for me) valid reason.

However, I felt that keeping doing the same thing over and over again for ten days became very repetitive. I did see that I improved a lot in how well I could do the exercises, but it was difficult to stay motivated at times.

At the beginning I was able to do a lot of the harder exercises (for a lot of exercises there is a beginner version as well as an advanced version), but for level 3 I had nearly no chance to do the advanced versions. I would keep trying the advanced versions and when I felt I could no longer do these, I would change. I did get better over the course of time and for example last night at my last day of level 3 I was finally able to do one move (walking planks) for one whole set in the advanced version.

I did not lose a lot of weight doing it. Especially at the moment I don't understand the scale at all. My weight from today is only 1.3 pounds below my start weight. But in the middle of last week I had a low weight for a few days which was 3.5 pounds lower than what the scale is saying today. I have no idea what this is about!!! I am thinking that I really need to get a new scale. These weight swings I am having are just bizarre. So if I would have stopped last Wednesday, I would have told you that I lost 4.8 pounds overall - which would have been a nice result...

But the beauty is really in the inches I lost. I measure in centimetres which has the advantage that numbers are higher as one inch is about 2.5 centimetres.

So, here is what I lost:

waist: -1.8'' (-4.5 cm)
stomach: -1.6'' (-4 cm)
hip: -1.4" (-3.5 cm)
bust: -1.4" (-3.5 cm)
breast (under bust): -1" (-2.5 cm)
thigh: -1.4" (-3.5 cm)
calf: -0.6" (-1.5 cm)
upper arm: -0.4" (-1 cm)

in total that is 9.6" or 24 cm and I am very happy with it. I did take pictures at the start and at the end, but stupid me did only take pictures in a bikini and I am not comfortable posting those on the internet. But I have pictures of myself in my workout clothes from when I realized that I need to be serious about losing weight again last September. I did lose in the autumn, but then regained most of it in December. So my start weight (and look) in January was similar to those September pictures. I made a collage with those pictures and I think one can see a huge difference! Here it is:

So what is the plan for the the future? I already ordered Ripped in 30 and looked at the instructions there. Jillian Michael says to do each level for a week and train 5-6 times per week. My plan is to start this on Monday - always take Sundays off and go for a run. And depending on my mood I might take another day off per week. Maybe go for a run or do some other exercise. If nothing happens to distract me, I should be able to finish it just before my cruise!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007

Old 03-24-2013, 07:40 AM   #443
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

And finally the QOTD:

Which is your favourite Disney park and why?

At WDW it is Animal Kingdom for me. I think the park is designed so beautifully and I love seeing the animals in habits that look so natural. In 2010 we did the "Wild by Design" tour there and they explained all about the design. That made me appreciate it even more.

Disneyland Paris would come in second.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #444
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Good Morning everyone!
On to the first question of the day:

Is there any one food (or a food group) that is really "dangerous" for you? Something that you love and tend to overeat if you have it. How do you deal with the temptation? Do you just avoid it all together, make modifications to it or limit yourself in the quantity?
There are a few foods that I just flat out avoid because I really can't control myself (sweet potato chips), but most things I try to find a happy medium with (enjoying in moderation occasionally)like cookie dough, movie popcorn, and beer. A few things that I thought I'd never live without 5 years ago I have found good substitutes for or discovered that I didn't really "need" them.

Quote:
Hi everyone! It has been a very busy day here - even though I did not expect it to be. Had quite a few errands to run - including starting to pick up a few things for the vacation next month.

So sorry for being so late with the QOTD but here it is - and it is a simple one!

QOTD: What is your favourite exercise?
None! But if I have to name one I'll say walking around a Disney park!

Quote:
And finally the QOTD:

If I absolutely have to name a favorite, I would say Magic Kingdom in FL! It is MY original park...first visited it in 1974 as a kid and it DEFINITELY started my love of all things Disney!

Morning all! Sitting here in the hotel enjoying breakfast...nibbling on one last bowl of fruit and another cup of coffee.

Found a TV series to enjoy on Netflix last night, so that was fun. Went out and bought a vegetarian salad bowl at Chipotle for dinner...but I'll confess I also got some tortilla chips and they were SO good with an icy cold beer! I really treated myself last night....having a bit of remorse over eating both chocolate AND chips, but not too much

I did NOT walk outside on the beach as planned this morning as the wind chill was in the 20's, but I did a 20 minute workout in my room, so I'll call it good for now.

Heard from DD right after I shut off my iPad last night about 11pm. She sounded tired but happy. Can't wait to hear more about the visit. Praying SO HARD that it went well...that will make her college decision so much easier.

Gonna take off from here and drive nearer the college and just putter around down there to see the area before meeting DD about 11:45 at the pool. TTYL.........P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #445
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Good Morning everyone!

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday! I promised you the results of the 30 Day Shred, so here they are.

First, it took me far more than 30 days to complete, to be precise 47 days. I started on February 4th. I did get sick with the flu, so missed one week for that and afterwards went back 5 days, so that is 12 days. The other five days were days that I missed for various reasons (travelling, feeling lousy thanks to ToM and then I must admit that last week I just could not face it anymore...). Still besides one day I always had a (for me) valid reason.

However, I felt that keeping doing the same thing over and over again for ten days became very repetitive. I did see that I improved a lot in how well I could do the exercises, but it was difficult to stay motivated at times.

At the beginning I was able to do a lot of the harder exercises (for a lot of exercises there is a beginner version as well as an advanced version), but for level 3 I had nearly no chance to do the advanced versions. I would keep trying the advanced versions and when I felt I could no longer do these, I would change. I did get better over the course of time and for example last night at my last day of level 3 I was finally able to do one move (walking planks) for one whole set in the advanced version.

I did not lose a lot of weight doing it. Especially at the moment I don't understand the scale at all. My weight from today is only 1.3 pounds below my start weight. But in the middle of last week I had a low weight for a few days which was 3.5 pounds lower than what the scale is saying today. I have no idea what this is about!!! I am thinking that I really need to get a new scale. These weight swings I am having are just bizarre. So if I would have stopped last Wednesday, I would have told you that I lost 4.8 pounds overall - which would have been a nice result...

But the beauty is really in the inches I lost. I measure in centimetres which has the advantage that numbers are higher as one inch is about 2.5 centimetres.

So, here is what I lost:

waist: -1.8'' (-4.5 cm)
stomach: -1.6'' (-4 cm)
hip: -1.4" (-3.5 cm)
bust: -1.4" (-3.5 cm)
breast (under bust): -1" (-2.5 cm)
thigh: -1.4" (-3.5 cm)
calf: -0.6" (-1.5 cm)
upper arm: -0.4" (-1 cm)

in total that is 9.6" or 24 cm and I am very happy with it. I did take pictures at the start and at the end, but stupid me did only take pictures in a bikini and I am not comfortable posting those on the internet. But I have pictures of myself in my workout clothes from when I realized that I need to be serious about losing weight again last September. I did lose in the autumn, but then regained most of it in December. So my start weight (and look) in January was similar to those September pictures. I made a collage with those pictures and I think one can see a huge difference! Here it is:

So what is the plan for the the future? I already ordered Ripped in 30 and looked at the instructions there. Jillian Michael says to do each level for a week and train 5-6 times per week. My plan is to start this on Monday - always take Sundays off and go for a run. And depending on my mood I might take another day off per week. Maybe go for a run or do some other exercise. If nothing happens to distract me, I should be able to finish it just before my cruise!
Wow! I can really see the difference in your midsection and thighs! Great job on losing the inches! Your pictures are inspiring!..............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 03-24-2013, 09:12 AM   #446
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post

Enjoy your trip!!!
I'm SO sorry! And so glad that there isn't any snow headed my way!

Quote:

Wonderful job enjoying your splurge and rhen getting right back on track! And congrats to your doggie! I didn't know they could "make" a team.

Quote:

Sounds like fun. There is a big renaissance fair in MA every fall, but I've never managed to convince anyone to go with me. maybe next year I'll go alone!

Quote:
I'm at Epcot! Woo! Drove all night after dropping DDs off at Grandma's house...our BC villa isn't ready yet, so we're wandering. I have the Flower & Garden passport ready to go for our kiosk lunch in a few minutes, and the weather is glorious. I think I'm starting to relax.

XO
Liz

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Enjoy your trip! I'm crazy jealous so be sure to come back and share lots of pictures! Relax, relax, relax! ..............P

Old 03-24-2013, 09:14 AM   #447
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
So I haven't been around much, but I'm still on the bandwagon! Seems like most of us are hanging in there even though weight loss is never as fast as we want it to be. They announced a new race for Marathon weekend today. The Dopey. It includes a 5K, a 10K, a half, and a full marathon. I'm crazy enough I'm planning on doing it, but it will be wayyyy easier if I get more of the weight off. Though I'm not sure easy and 4 races should be in the same sentence
I was surprised that they named the new race series the Dopey when there had been an unofficial Dopey for so long. I have no intention of ever going beyond a half marathon distance but will happily cheer for all you folks that take on this challenge!

Quote:
Oh, and I forgot.... Had a 3 pound loss this morning
Woot!

Pamela, enjoy the rest of your week-end away!

Quote:

XO
Liz

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Woo hoo! Have a magical time!

Quote:
QOTD: What is your favourite exercise?
I really enjoy using the RiverWalk at my local gym -- it is a good workout and something different. There is a current in the water and you can work with or against the current depending on what you are doing.

Jill, sorry for the stressful time at work. :hugs: Your Easter dinner sounds yummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Holy craziness batman. did y'all see the announcement for the Dopey race in 2014? 4 races, 6 medals.

I would sooooo love to do this. Don't think I could, but man oh man, this would be soooo cool!
I bet you could, Buffy!

Quote:
Also, congrats on your DD, mine was not what you would call "studious" or even remotely athletic. However she is an exceptional artist and has started her own business (so to speak, lol still waiting for the $$ to roll in ) so I missed out on all the college weekends.
Nice that your daughter found her niche -- there are few jobs as satisfying as working for yourself.

Quote:
And finally the QOTD:

My favorite park is Disneyland. It is my home park. I grew up in Anaheim and was a castmember there. I love WDW, too, but DL will always have a special place in my heart.

Have a great day all and hang in there!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #448
pjlla
<><

BTW, I can see that my PM box is filling up with your weigh-in reports! Keep them coming! And don't forget to VOTE for DD today! ...........P

Old 03-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #449
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Magdalene, I forgot to say how great you look in your pictures! I would say the 30 Day Shred was a great success for you! It really did make such a difference in how your body looks -- you've inspired me to dust mine off and give it a whirl. Thanks!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #450
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

FINALLY after THREE torturous weeks with NO movement on the scale, it was down by 2 full pounds today. I'm not sure why my body decided on a three week plateau - guess it is as stubborn as I am - but I am glad that I didn't give up and kept trying to make good choices and keep moving despite the lack of scale movement. My clothes fit the same, so I couldn't even convince myself that muscle was replacing fat. Frustrating! I appreciate this thread so much - I know I don't post here much, but I do read it and am so inspired by everyone's posts.
iheartjuppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: