Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 07:05 AM   #16
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Beach and Yacht Club Community Page

This just in! As of March 2013, the pins have all been distributed! Thanks Nannette for taking on the task of mailing these out!

Are you staying at the Yacht or Beach Club or the Beach Club Villas and want to meet or be recognized by other DIS'ers? Thanks to a wonderful design from RustManFan of the Creative Designs Forum, and the enthusiasm of DIS'er Janloz, we now have fashionable pins available upon request and free of charge!

Tentative Date Set for 4th Annual Beach & Yacht Club DIS Meet: Saturday July 6, 2013

Expected attendees: Disneymomx7 (Robyn), TeenaS, dfarner, Flat Dee

July 2012 Yacht & Beach Club 3rd Annual DIS meet:

Sunday July 22, 6 PM
Solarium at the Beach Club

Here are a couple of photos from the Y&BC DIS meet on Sunday.

The first picture is DisneyDadinPA and his wife, with Lauren(The Magical One), another CM at the resort and Teena.

Here is the rest of the group:

Here is a closeup of one of the "Flat" visitors:

There was also a visit from the 3 Caballeros- I'm not sure if I have a closeup of this.

Expected attendees: TeenaS, Disneymomx7 (Robyn), Magical One (Lauren), catho72, tinacaplan, Flat Dee (Natebenma) and friends

And there was a surprise appearance by YCFan!!!

Be there or Be Square! said Flat Dee who is more like a rectangle...

July 2011 Second Annual Beach & Yacht Club DIS meet and surprise "Nanny Shower":

Monday July 25, 6 PM
Solarium at the Beach Club

Thanks for the photos, kldmom2000!

For more pictures from the meet/shower, check out this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post42109256

Expected attendees: TeenaS, Disneymomx7 (Robyn), jennb, lov2b@disney (Sandy), kldmom2000, YCFAN, Magical One (Lauren), jultomzach (maybe), Flat Dee (Natebenma), Flat pixarmom

August 2010 Yacht & Beach Club DIS meet:

Thanks for the photo, LovintheLodge!

Sunken Treasure: The unofficial beverage of the Beach and Yacht Club FAQ forum:

Contents: Malibu Rum, Midori, orange juice, pineapple juice and Sprite with a splash of BOLS Blue Curacao.

Thanks, pixarmom, Feckless, WDW4us2006 and Ninja Mom for the photos!

Please note that the Sunken Treasure is no longer on the menu at Hurricane Hanna's, however if you get a bartender who knows how to make the drink, you may still be in luck!

Thanks to medicgirl177, who experiemented at great personal risk to decipher the secret formula:

Sunken Treasure- recipe by medicgirl177
1 1/2 shots Midori
1 shot Malibu Coconut Rum
1 shot orange juice
1 shot pineapple juice
Sprite or 7-Up to fizzy taste
1 shot Blue Curaçao
Over ice
Dress with Pineapple slice, cherry, or umbrella

Last edited by natebenma; 05-07-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:06 AM   #17
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Yacht and Beach Club Voluptuous Noodle Swap Historical Page

I am sorry to inform everyone that the resort will no longer allow pool noodles to be held in storage and passed between guests, so the private Noodle Swap coordinated on the BC/YC FAQ thread has been discontinued. Bell Services will no longer be permitted to accept or keep noodles turned in to them.

Thank you to everyone who has participated in the swap! The posters on the this forum were able to successfully execute a pool noodle swap from June 2011 until September 2012. It was certainly fun and lasted a lot longer than anyone ever imagined when we started this!

Meet the Noodle Family:

Paul, Pastina, Penne and Ramen

They will making their first visit to Disney World and the Beach Club in June 2011. They have decided to take up permanent residence at the resort and will be spending time with different families as part of a "noodle relocation program"

************************************************** ********************************************

Well, after their introduction to the Beach Club/Yacht Club and Stormalong Bay, the Noodle Family has decided to stick around. The first handoff was successful!

************************************************** ************************************************** *********

(Photo) "Diary of a Non-Wimpy Noodle"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/63237606@N03/

December 2011 antics by heatherbabydoll1:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=413

Here's Bellebookworm9 enjoying the Noodle Family in October 2011:

The Noodles are having a little International Fun with ChipNDaleRule's family:

Anticipating the Upcoming Olympic Games- Is there a Yoga Competition???

Celebrating the Queen's Diamond Jubilee

The Noodles Get Married, August 22, 2012
Unfortunately, it didn't work out. Pinkgirl wanted to take them back to the UK, but, surprisingly, the noodles were inflexible. They wanted to stay at Stormalong Bay. Can't say I blame them!

************************************************** ************************************************** ***********
IN MARCH 2012, THE NOODLES WENT MISSING!

Are they pool hopping at another Disney resort? (why would they?)
Did they leave along with Matthew, Johnny or Robert after their guest appearances at Captains Grille?
Or did a more nefarious fate befall the family???

We have a few leads and have assembled a crack (crack-pot?) team of imaginary detectives to solve the case of the Great Noodle Caper (mmm... noodles with capers...). We will let you all know what Thomas Magnum, Jessica Fletcher, Barnaby Jones or the team from Scooby Doo discover.
(Check the abandoned Wonders of Life Pavilion- old man Jones was seen skulking about)

Update- due to the generosity of guests, a new set of noodles "resurfaced" and the swap continued for several additional months.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 07:07 AM   #18
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Lily's Pad:

I know a lot of you are new to the thread- there is a lot of history here and a lot of great friendships made in past versions of this thread, but I want to introduce Teena to anyone who doesn't know her (yet).

Teena is a greeter in the lobby of the Beach Club

Look for her on Sundays and Mondays unless she and Bob are on one of their treasured cruises to Castaway Cay or out visiting her two shining lights in Vegas, her daughter Jeanne and her first grandchild, Lily born in July 2011.

Here is a link to some pictures when Teena was presented by Disney execs with an award from President Obama in May 2011 for helping out so much at Jeanne's school:

Presidential Award, May 2011

We were all eagerly awaiting "Peanut's" arrival in the months leading up to July and even had some fun, friendly competition to guess her birthdate and whether she was a Princess or a Pirate.

Lily's arrival was a very special moment for our beloved Teena in a year that has been tough due to some health issues. She bravely shared what she was going through with all of us, once again, in an attempt to help others who may be facing similar challenges.

Teena has faithfully posted on this board and has helped us all gain great knowlege about these resorts, so many of us who hang around here can now also answer the questions that are posted here.

I will occasionally post the photos she provides to me, because, well, Teena may know everything there is to know about the Beach Club but she don't know beans about technology!

Trip Report: Lily Goes Live: A Princess' First Visit to Her Kingdom (And More!)

This report follows Lily's first visit to WDW, plus trips to the Beach Club, Disneyland and MORE!

Princess Lily!!!

Disney (and the Beach Clubs) newest princess has arrived:

Lillian (Lily) Grace
Born 7/11/11, 7:59 am
6 Lbs, 11 oz, 20 inches

Please note that Lillian is a name truly worthy of Disney royalty as this was the name of Walts wife.

It also goes without saying that 7 come 11 is a great date for a baby born in Las Vegas!

Congratulations to Jeanne and Brian and to proud Nanny Teena and Pop Pop Bob!

Lily at 2 weeks old:

Lily at 3 months old:

Lily's First Halloween- Disney-style of Course:

Lily and her parents were first place winners in the Best Group Costume Category.

Teena's grandaughter is an adorable Dalmation!

Lily at Christmastime:

Lily, October 2012

Jeanne, Teena and Lily:

BTW- Kudos to Cinderumbrella (July 10) and 333disneymom (July 12) who came closest in the "Is Peanut a Princess or a Pirate" pool-
Honorable Mention goes to BCV23 for having the correct date (July 11), but the wrong gender!

Last edited by natebenma; 05-18-2013 at 05:29 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:17 AM   #19
natebenma
DIS Veteran

to our new home, friends!!!

A few mousekeeping issues:

Don't forget to subscribe to the new thread

If you are providing a link to this thread in your address, please change it to this:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3071247

2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Feb 2013

PLEASE check the Be Our Guest list to see if your information is listed correctly- if not, post any changes here

If you find any links that don't work, or any other errors please let me know.

If you have an outstanding question or discussion from the previous thread, feel free to bump it up and repost here. I'll bring forward a few posts later today.

Best way to get in touch with me is by email beachclubdee@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!

Dee
Old 02-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #20
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Reminder:

I recently started up two View Threads in the Resort Photo Subforum:

Beach Club Room Views

Yacht Club Room Views

The purpose of these thread is to give some samples of rooms in various view categories at the Yacht and Beach Clubs.

If you have pictures of the view from the room you stayed in, I would appreciate if you could add them to this thread.

Someone recently asked about Standard Views at the YC, so if you have pictures of that particular view, let us know!

Thanks!

Dee
Old 02-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #21
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Great job Dee!! As always thank you for all you do!!

I LOVE the name by the way!!

~Nannette

Old 02-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #22
DancinDaisyDuck
Nothing left for me to do but dance

I'm here jumping on BOARD! Nothing's set in stone yet but my fingers are crossed for Beach Club January 9-12, 2014!

Old 02-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #23
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I am here too! Thank you for putting so much hard work into these threads, it is appreciated!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #24
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Thanks Dee for setting up the new thread!!! This one should last me until our YC trip in April!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 02-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #25
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Made the move!

Now I need a drink..... Bartender, there should be a laminated drink recipe hanging around somewhere......

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #26
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Paging Bell services! Paging bell services! I need to have my "baggage" moved over to a new thread!

~NM
Old 02-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #27
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Yay! We're up on our new thread! Big thanks to Natebenma and all the wonderful folks who contributed the pictures and information to the thread.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #28
KUFamily
Earning My Ears

Thanks Dee, for all your hard work, you are amazing!!! I love lurking here and getting my daily fix of Disney and Beach club info as I patiently (ok not so patiently according to my DH) wait for our trip in May! Just passed our 90 day mark

I did notice that our arrival date is off by a couple days, no big deal, though! We are due to arrive on May 25 as long as they don't make us have Saturday school to make up for all the crazy snow days we've been having!

Thanks to everyone for the smiles and laughs you provide on a regular basis!! I just love it here!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #29
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Thanks Dee!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #30
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Wow a squeaky new thread, thank you for all your hard work Dee, here have a drunken treasure *passes over drink*

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: