Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #1861
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
Thanks!

By the way here is the Mickey one she made for me for Mothers Day!

Love this! Thanks for sharing.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 04-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #1862
rea59
Mouseketeer

Thanks again to everyone for the great advice on the full balcony request. You guys are wonderful!
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #1863
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
I knew you'd find a way!!
Yeah, on a wing and a prayer!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 04-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #1864
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
We're back from our non-Disney road trip to Florida and still catching up! Thanks to Dee for the "cliff notes" version of what I missed while I was away!

The moment I received the mousemisers e-mail about the summer discounts, I did a little cheer for Robyn, Dee and all the summer BC/YC fans! My husband asked what I was so happy about and I told him discounts for Dee, CL for Robyn and savings for many friends on the thread! Yay!!! I'd just love for DL to cut us a little break on our August GCH rates, but I fear that's not as likely as a good BC discount!

A little OT, but it's about the beach! We really enjoyed Vero. I love the beach generally, and definitely prefer the West coast and the Pacific, but I think Vero is now my favorite beach in Florida. But we love to boogie board, so waves are a big plus for us (even though they are tiny compared to the west coast - some waves are better than none!) So for those who are looking for a few waves, Vero is a bit of a drive, but great for some post-Disney beach time!
Beautiful pictures! I'm glad to hear you had a nice time at the beach. I think our next FL trip will include some beach time. We couldn't swing it this year. How far is Vero beach from Orlando?

Old 04-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #1865
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
Really hoping our July trip will be a stay at the Beach Club. I'm impatiently waiting to see what the AP rates will be.

There only appears to be about a $50 to $60 difference to book a GV over a SV with the summer discount that's available right now. Should I book the GV? Are these rooms in a better location than the SV? I'm guessing most of the SV rooms are at the back of the building overlooking the parking lot. I guess I'm more interested in location than the view. Would like something close to the pool or the walkway to Epcot, but don't want to splurge for the water view.

Thanks for the advice!
I would do GV over SV in a minute! Many GV rooms overlook the woods with Epcot behind them. It is a very pretty view and a short walk to IG and the quiet pool. It is fairly far to SAB, but I don't think there are *a lot* of very centrally located GV rooms - I know Teena or one of the experts will correct me if I am wrong.

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
Old 04-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #1866
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay practicing posting photos from my phone in preparation of upcoming BC stay (plus bragging at the same time).

DD16 took 1st place last night for her painting (of her little sister reading under the sheets)!

[IMG][/IMG]

Lets see if this works.....she wants to be an Imagineer of course!
Beautiful painting ! Your daughters very talented!

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Old 04-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #1867
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Devil's Advocate, here!

Is 'Ohana one of the restaurants with a penalty for non-cancellation? Can't remember.

Make the reservation for 3. If this is a penalty restaurant, call within the required time limit and say that one of the people on your reservation is unable to make it.
Thanks Dee! I booked it for 3. Is there a way to cancel the 3rd person? Thanks for the advice ! There's a no show penalty at Ohana. I had to give my credit card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGhosts View Post
Angeejoe - I have booked 'Ohana for more people than actually showed up with no penalty. If anyone at all shows for the ressie, you will not be charged. By the way, what days are you looking for? I may be able to help you!
Thanks ggghost! I booked 5/26@9:30p eek! I really would prefer like 8p so I need to keep looking, my other open day would be 5/29. 5/26 is our arrival day & I really want to wow my 60 yr old aunt who has never been to Disney, let alone Florida! I think dinner that late would be a lot for her especially after a long travel day! If it was DH & I it wouldn't be a big deal, we can go late into the night!

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Old 04-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #1868
mommakacie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
ROTFL!! Does your DH have long hair and a long beard and are you the hot wife? I'm having visions of Duck Dynasty!! Glad you are having a good time and that your DH is enjoying CL!!
I'm so not the hot wife and my hubby doesn't have a long beard, but we're fans of the show, so that counts, right???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemh628 View Post
So excited for you and your family. The view from your room looks great and it sounds like your trip has a great start.
The view is great!! Pretty pleased with our SV room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Thanks so much for the excellent report!!!

That is interesting news about them offering you a room on the 4th floor with a daybed. I love that!!! I haven't really heard of that before.

I also really appreciate the pictures- don't worry about it during the trip, but I would love to add the view photos when you get back. I'm not sure that I can "borrow" your pictures from Flickr.

The picture of the upright cot is also very helpful.

Thanks again, and hope the rest of your trip is SPECTACULAR!!!

Dee - if you can pm me your email address, I'll just email you the photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
Did it! Just sent an email to our TA to upgrade our stay to CL!!!

That nagging, missing CL feeling, just wouldn't go away. I was going to wait for
AP rates but didn't want to miss out on getting a CL room since we can only book sv (family of 5).

Oh well - I'll just cut back on some of our ts meals and we won't need an order for garden grocer. Thank goodness for Disney math!
That's what I did - dropped the dining plan, forgot about garden grocer... We're doing a couple TS meals, but not one for every day, and that's ok! My only issue with the lounge so far is that it seems our timing is working bad. They close it a couple times a day to clean and prepare for the next setting and we keep wanting to go during those times. Maybe by the time we leave, we'll have it figured out.

Quote:
Just heard back from our TA - it's official!

Dee - you can add CL next to my name on the Be Our Guest List!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpoo View Post
All checked in!!! This time tomorrow we will be halfway to MCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
Thanks Dee! I booked it for 3. Is there a way to cancel the 3rd person? Thanks for the advice ! There's a no show penalty at Ohana. I had to give my credit card.
We have a ressie there in a couple days. If I think about it, I'll ask if (hypothetically speaking, of course) someone in your situation should cancel the person or just go with it. I personally think you'll be ok. You could always say the third person became ill and couldn't come.

10/04 - All Star Music, 04/06 - Pop Century
06/08 - All Star Movies, 12/10 - POFQ
02/12 - POR
04/13 - BC

Old 04-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #1869
mommakacie
Mouseketeer

Recap of Day 2....

We got up early and hit MK at 7 am today. We did Aerial's ride, met Ariel, the Barnstormer, Dumbo, Teacups, Pooh, and Buzz (2 times) all before 9am!! Then we did the laugh floor, had breakfast, rode the carpets, pirates, and spent quite a while on tom sawyer's island, rode the train to the front of the park and came back to the BC around noon. I cannot recommend enough to get to the parks when it opens!! When we were leaving at noon, it was packed!!!!

We came back and had some chips and cookies at the lounge. I knew that my 2 little kids were still hungry, so I asked the attendant for some peanut butter and jelly. She gave me some of those little ones that they have around for toast, then she went and brought me back some bread so I could fix them some sandwiches. The kids thought that was awesome!

We then (all 5 of us) slept for 2.5 hours! And apparently right through all the rain that we were getting.

We headed over to EP for our dinner ressie at Biergarten. We love that place. The kids liked it pretty well, too. I don't understand why they don't sell that bavarian cheesecake at one of the stores - I think they'd make a killing on it!

We spent some time in a couple countries, got a start on the kids passports and our hats around the world photo collage We rode mission space - less intense version, then watched illuminations. EMH at EP tonight, so we went over and rode Soarin' (still my favorite ride) and Test Track. Hoofed it back to the BC, so I could crash with my friend Ty(lenol).

Another great day! Thankful for that nap or we would not have made it to EMH at EP - not even close!

The kids have a reservation on the pirate cruise in the morning, so we're getting a later start tomorrow. Yeah for "sleeping in".

10/04 - All Star Music, 04/06 - Pop Century
06/08 - All Star Movies, 12/10 - POFQ
02/12 - POR
04/13 - BC

Old 04-04-2013, 11:35 PM   #1870
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Pixar beautiful pics. My daughters enjoy taking surf lessons from Ron Jon's in Cocoa Beach. Last time they got the same instructor that also goes to TL! We are looking forward to 9 days Pre wdw this August in Deerfield Beach.

Ninja excellent idea of chair moving. Sadly I think part of the problem is also that people are too lazy & inconsiderate to take their towels to the bin when they leave. Way easier to just leave them on the chair/lounge
For sure I'm going to remember the chair move in August

True about the incentive to book short stay, I added on 2 days at GF before our YC stay. Got a good discount.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL

Last edited by Sue M; 04-04-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:02 AM   #1871
GGGhosts
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Thanks ggghost! I booked 5/26@9:30p eek! I really would prefer like 8p so I need to keep looking, my other open day would be 5/29. 5/26 is our arrival day & I really want to wow my 60 yr old aunt who has never been to Disney, let alone Florida! I think dinner that late would be a lot for her especially after a long travel day! If it was DH & I it wouldn't be a big deal, we can go late into the night!
Well good luck, 9:30 is a bit late! I have a 5/17 that I might not use, so I thought it might have worked for you. Again, I have been to 'Ohana with a ressie for 3 and only 2 of us could go and there was no problem. As I was told, as long as the ressie time is used, no charge.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:06 AM   #1872
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Thanks all for the input on when to book our room for November - I'm going to book ASAP!

Only 219 days to go....

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD2

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
Old 04-05-2013, 06:01 AM   #1873
Tarheel girl 1975
Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakacie View Post
Recap of Day 2....

We got up early and hit MK at 7 am today. We did Aerial's ride, met Ariel, the Barnstormer, Dumbo, Teacups, Pooh, and Buzz (2 times) all before 9am!! Then we did the laugh floor, had breakfast, rode the carpets, pirates, and spent quite a while on tom sawyer's island, rode the train to the front of the park and came back to the BC around noon. I cannot recommend enough to get to the parks when it opens!! When we were leaving at noon, it was packed!!!!

We came back and had some chips and cookies at the lounge. I knew that my 2 little kids were still hungry, so I asked the attendant for some peanut butter and jelly. She gave me some of those little ones that they have around for toast, then she went and brought me back some bread so I could fix them some sandwiches. The kids thought that was awesome!

We then (all 5 of us) slept for 2.5 hours! And apparently right through all the rain that we were getting.

We headed over to EP for our dinner ressie at Biergarten. We love that place. The kids liked it pretty well, too. I don't understand why they don't sell that bavarian cheesecake at one of the stores - I think they'd make a killing on it!

We spent some time in a couple countries, got a start on the kids passports and our hats around the world photo collage We rode mission space - less intense version, then watched illuminations. EMH at EP tonight, so we went over and rode Soarin' (still my favorite ride) and Test Track. Hoofed it back to the BC, so I could crash with my friend Ty(lenol).

Another great day! Thankful for that nap or we would not have made it to EMH at EP - not even close!

The kids have a reservation on the pirate cruise in the morning, so we're getting a later start tomorrow. Yeah for "sleeping in".
I love your updates! Sounds like you are having a fabulous time. We still have 175 days left before our trip (not like I'm counting .) Trip reports like this help the time go by so much faster and make me even more excited for our trip.

I convinced everyone that we needed to add an extra day so that we could have a morning to sleep in and enjoy the pool. So now we will be there Sept 27-Oct 6. When I added the extra day I also put in a request for a full size balcony. Since we have free dining, I also have one more ADR I need to make, but can't decide where to go.
Previous Trips: 1990 Disneyland Hotel, 1991 Magic Music Days, 1996 Magic Music Days, Oct 2008 POP, May 2009 Poly, Sept. 2009 BWI, January 2011 CBR, Sept/Oct 2012 POR, Sept/Oct 2013 Beach Club Upcoming Trips: Sept/Oct 2014 POFQ and YC
Old 04-05-2013, 06:49 AM   #1874
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
So, our dates are 7/19 - 7/23 BC.

Here are our tentative plans on Friday and Sat:

Friday is EMH at EP, so we will be heading over there in the morning. We may actually go back to the resort mid-day to relax and hopefully get in some time at SAB. Our plan was to go to MK for EMH, but I understand the hours were cut back. We will still go for the evening though.

Our flight on Saturday is at 7 PM, so we will still have lots of the day. It is EMH at HS, so that is our plan in the morning. Afternoon will either be EP or pool, since we won't want to travel too far from the resort.

email me if you want to exchange cell numbers. beachclubdee at yahoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
Hi All!

I've been reading through posts - thanks for all the great info on BC/YC!!

I just booked flights yesterday, so we're officially back at WDW from 11/10-11/16. We're thinking of switching it up this time, and staying at YC (for the first time) - seems like such easy access to Epcot and DHS will be great (esp with DD in tow!).

We're thinking YC, lagoon view - so we can put DD to bed and enjoy some drinks on the balcony in the evening.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list!

Fingers crossed for a great fall discount for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Congrats!!!

Dee, for the BoG list, are dates are now 6/14-6/19 at YC.
Got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
DS and I stayed at Pop for our last trip (our "bonus" trip of 2012) so just staying deluxe again will be a difference!
As many of you know, my last stay was at All Star Movies with 145 teenagers!

Can't wait to be back at BC!!! With just one teen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2princessgirls View Post
Could you add another (short) trip to the BOG list for me? DH and I will be at the YC August 2-4 for a weekend anniversary getaway.
Absolutely!!!

and Happy Anniversary!

Quote:
Just heard back from our TA - it's official!

Dee - you can add CL next to my name on the Be Our Guest List!

So happy for you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
Really hoping our July trip will be a stay at the Beach Club. I'm impatiently waiting to see what the AP rates will be.
to the thread!

Let us know when you book so I can add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel girl 1975 View Post
I convinced everyone that we needed to add an extra day so that we could have a morning to sleep in and enjoy the pool. So now we will be there Sept 27-Oct 6. When I added the extra day I also put in a request for a full size balcony. Since we have free dining, I also have one more ADR I need to make, but can't decide where to go.
I'll make the change to the Be Our Guest list.

for another day!

Last edited by natebenma; 04-05-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #1875
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Will probably only be checking in periodically today. Last night was opening night for my son's play, Pom Pom Zombies. It was AWESOME!!!

Another show tonight and Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
I'd keep my peepers open and see if I could find an empty chair. If I don't see any then I would pick a chair that looks unattended and observe it for awhile. Making sure that the only thing on the chair is hotel property as opposed to personal property I would take the chair and.... here's the key.... MOVE it to a different location. That's right... I just advocated relocating an UNATTENDED chair to a different pool location. This way if the chair hog came back hours later and you were still sitting in the chair, well, you wouldn't be sitting where Piggy remembered hogging the chair hours ago before they left for the parks.... right??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I never thought that people might put a towel on a chair and walk out of the pool area - for hours. That is really inconsiderate. I will never again feel guilty if I take an unattended chair that only has a towel on it.

Last time DH and I went over to the quiet pool because there weren't any good chairs at SAB that didn't have towels on them. I love the idea of moving the chair.
Ah, the "beloved" Towel Game! Happens everywhere these days! SAB, all resort pools at Disney and beyond, especially cruise ships! When I went out for my sunrise walk on the beach in Mexico, people were putting towels out on the beach loungers at 6 am.

I can't remember if it was on this thread or somewhere else where it was suggested that someone leave notes with the time of day on empty chairs (say you arrive at 2 pm, the sticky note would say 2:00. And see how long it stays there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnic View Post
Halloween?

Hi, we will be staying over Halloween and will not be attending MNSSHP this time.

What does the Y&BC do, if anything, on the 31st? I am due to make ADRs soon and wondering where to make them for. In the past I have heard DTD offer some trick or treating but we were thinking of just staying at the hotel that night and doing Cape May.

What about Epcot?

Thanks.

Bumping this up!

Quote:
Thanks!

By the way here is the Mickey one she made for me for Mothers Day!

Is that the Mirror of Erised?

(oops, wrong park, my HP is showing )

Another great painting by your talented daughter!

Quote:
Keep looking for a better time and 2 people, but keep this reservation.

A couple of days before the reservation, call the dining line and let them know one of your party had to return home unexpectedly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakacie View Post
Hoofed it back to the BC, so I could crash with my friend Ty(lenol).

Thanks again for your great updates!!!

I'm glad you slept through the rain. I saw the rain on my Orlando weather icon and I thought of you and your family.

No rush on getting pictures to me. The email address I use for thread "business" is beachclubdee at yahoo.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: