Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #1501
suetoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post

You can do a party for anywhere between 10 to 200 people depending on the location. You need to call Disney catered events and they can help you. Each location has a venue fee and a minimum for food and beverage. We have had as few as 8 people although the minimum is 10 so you have to pay for 10 people and we are having 26 people this time. They will assign you a planner and then coordinate with you decor, food, location , etc. you could actually have a party for thousands of people I guess. Our parties have always been for smaller groups. Disneytravelbabble.com is a good place to start. The site is owned by Lurkyloo here on the disboards.
Thanks for the quick response!! I will check out that site!!
Old 03-30-2013, 12:15 AM   #1502
ChrisRuns
Training for my third run around the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suetoo View Post
Thanks for the quick response!! I will check out that site!!
If you have dessert party questions, head over to the Disney Weddings & Honeymoons board. A lot of the people planning (myself included) do dessert parties in addition to traditional receptions. We have pictures!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 05:38 AM   #1503
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Thinking the April Movies and Activities schedule will be out shortly????
It is usually available on the first of the month. As soon as I get it, I will post it here. Hopefully sometime Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRuns View Post
If you have dessert party questions, head over to the Disney Weddings & Honeymoons board. A lot of the people planning (myself included) do dessert parties in addition to traditional receptions. We have pictures!
Thanks for the great suggestion!

to the thread!
Old 03-30-2013, 05:53 AM   #1504
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyxo View Post
Woohoo just booked our trip this morning so now it is official. Please add us to the BOG list. We are staying at the Yacht Club, Lagoon view, Club Level. 9/25-9/30/13.
An official to you!

I'm excited to add you to the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieRI View Post
Well, I'm 18 days away from my BC stay!

When we leave the resort after our vacation is over - we won't have to be too sad b/c I just booked our summer vacation with the Disney Visa code out - I just booked for 7/25-7/31 for the YC! I saved $780 with the code!
We will be visiting the Dark Side first in July and then coming back to WDW for the rest of Florida vacation.

Now, all I have to do is sneak in a Christmas time vacation and I'm all set for the year.
That's fantastic!!!

I'll add you to the list. Again! Double Dark Side for you!

We are doing the same-ish trip the week before you. Have you been before? FYI- My Welcome Foolish Muggles trip report details my family's first visit to "The Dark Side" in July 2011 and has lots of tips and Disney comparisons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS-OH View Post
DH just called and added the Disney Visa discount to our July reservation at YC...we saved about $700!

We requested Lagoon/pool view and King bed. We will be there July 15-19 for our first YC stay!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. Right above me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
Hey YC/BC peeps I have nothing exciting to add or questions to ask but I wanted to say HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by natebenma; 03-30-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #1505
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

I know this has been answered. I been scrolling threw but might have missed it. If I have just list the post and I'll go back.

Does anyone know the ratio of standard view, garden view & water view club level at the yacht club?

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
Old 03-30-2013, 07:45 AM   #1506
kristenYC
Earning My Ears

Great question. I booked a standard room which I thought Ed like free quick serv dining. Are these rooms ok?
Old 03-30-2013, 07:50 AM   #1507
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
I know this has been answered. I been scrolling threw but might have missed it. If I have just list the post and I'll go back.

Does anyone know the ratio of standard view, garden view & water view club level at the yacht club?
This is what my notes say:

Yacht Club, Concierge:

34 Standard View
5 Garden View
28 Lagoon View
Old 03-30-2013, 08:42 AM   #1508
ella6599
Mouseketeer

Just thought I'd throw this out there...this link has a detailed floor map of Yacht Club, with simulated views from each room from google earth. Not sure how accurate it is...it only divides into water and standard view rooms. But kind of fun. (Doesn't look like they have this for BC or BCV?)

https://www.room77.com/hotel-lake-bu...-resort-109542
Old 03-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #1509
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella6599 View Post
Just thought I'd throw this out there...this link has a detailed floor map of Yacht Club, with simulated views from each room from google earth. Not sure how accurate it is...it only divides into water and standard view rooms. But kind of fun. (Doesn't look like they have this for BC or BCV?)

https://www.room77.com/hotel-lake-bu...-resort-109542
That is super cool! Thanks for sharing.

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
Old 03-30-2013, 10:51 AM   #1510
LeahA
DIS Veteran

Just booked, our first BC trip!

Just booked our first ever trip to the Beach Club for the summer! We were able to get a great rate using our Disney Visa. I know that this thread has alot of information about the resort, but any special tips or advice would be appreciated!
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT-X2
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
Old 03-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #1511
Vaninou
Earning My Ears

Why can't we apply for Visa Disney in Switzerland :-(
December 95: DW (Yacht Club)
September 98: DL (Offsite)
May 09: DL Paris (Offsite)
May 10: DW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
October 10: DL (Offsite)
May 12: DW (Beach Club Villas)
May 13: DW (Beach Club Villas)
December 2013: DL Paris (Disneyland Hotel)
May 2015 DW: Beach Club Club Level
Old 03-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #1512
pmdeve
DIS Veteran

We will be checking into the BCV May 11 to May 17. I am so excited, we have been counting the days for almost a full year and now I can't believe its almost here.

My DH and I have been discussing when and how much to tip the valet to take care of our luggage. Do you tip the valet that helps take the luggage from the car and/or the valet who brings it up to the room? Do you tip each one $2 to $3 a bag? We don't want to slight anyone, but with 4 of us there will be a lot of bags.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #1513
Danex
Earning My Ears

Please help!

We had our hearts set on the Yacht/Beach Club for our July 2014 trip, which was supposed to be originally me, DH, DD16 and her BFF. DS18 didn't want to join us

Since then I have convinced him he needs to have one last family holiday before he goes to Universityand my DH's niece has asked if she can join us on our trip also, so now it will be me, DH, DS18, DD16, and DN16, which makes us a party of five.

I was concerned about all 5 of us having enough space in a YC/BC room, and worried about not getting a daybed, so we are considering changing to the Poly instead for the bigger rooms and a guaranteed daybed.

The Poly looks lovely and the rooms will all have been refurbished by then, however, we really did have our hearts set on the YC/BC - my DH is a rock fan and wants to have time to enjoy the Sounds Like Summer concerts, and we were looking forward to walking to Epcot and DHS.

For anyone who has stayed at the YC/BC as a family of 5 (adults/teenagers) did you feel cramped in the room or did you feel comfortable with the amount of space?

Thanks for your help, we are so confused and would like some advice.

I have seen the pictures of the two types of daybeds and the rollaway cot on page 1 - the small daybed and the rollaway cot don't look big enough for an adult or an old teenager to sleep on - what happens if you get a room with one of these options and there is no where for the fifth person to sleep? Am i panicking over nothing are these bigger than they look? My DS is almost 6' and my DD and DN are 5'7".

Last edited by Danex; 03-30-2013 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Edited to add
Old 03-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #1514
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

This is what my notes say:

Yacht Club, Concierge:

34 Standard View
5 Garden View
28 Lagoon View
Just curious is it the same #s for BC?
Old 03-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #1515
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahA View Post
Just booked our first ever trip to the Beach Club for the summer! We were able to get a great rate using our Disney Visa. I know that this thread has alot of information about the resort, but any special tips or advice would be appreciated!
Be sure and take time to enjoy the resort!! SAB is very relaxing mid-day between park visits.

Grab a seat during the evening movies if your not too tired (like we usually are )

Have a nice ice cream treat at Beaches & Cream, or just sit back in the lobby with a cup of coffee and people watch (nothing like seeing how excited all the kids are before heading to the parks)
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: